“Budapest”

Budapest Marriott Hotel
Ranked #32 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our hotel was chosen by the river cruise company and would not be our first choice otherwise. The hotel itself was pretty good. Typical, nothing unique. Good size room, clean, very good buffet breakfast. The location was less than desirable. Besides being quite a distance from the center and main attractions it's not the best of the neighborhood. I would not stay there again.

2  Thank Emma S
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I am delighted to read your positive comments however it is regrettable that your visit with us did not fulfil all your expectations.
Should your travels bring you back to Budapest, I do hope that you reconsider visiting us again.

Best regards,
Rick Enders

Write a ReviewReviews (3,121)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect as it is right on the banks of the Danube with a magnificent view of Buda. The bed was very comfortable. The AC was not bad but not great. During a heat wave we could not cool the room down enough to be comfortable. Breakfast was excellent although the service lacked somewhat. We asked for coffee three times before somebody finally brought some and filled our cups half full. No idea why that was. Wifi in the lobby only.

3  Thank Sue29

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with regards to your recent stay with us.

Ensuring that all of our guests have a most enjoyable stay is in all of our interest and I again thank you for bringing your comments to my attention.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked it with breakfast which was great value. - fresh fruit, lots of choices and superb coffee. No ice machine (yes, we are Americans and use a lot of ice), but the room service delivers fast. Bed was very comfortable, and we liked the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner of the fouth floor was very quet and had magnificent view of the Danube and the castle on the...

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just finished our wonderful 2 night stay at this great hotel. The hotel is located on the Pest side of the city and sits right on the Duna. All rooms have an incredible view of the the river and Buda. Our room was on the 6th floor and had one of the most spectacular views I've ever had from a hotel. The room was quiet and very comfortable. The staff was courteous and very friendly and the concierge room offered some great Hungarian dishes, appetizers and a great breakfast. The concierge was located on the same 6th floor as were we, and had an outdoor terrace that offered magical views of the Budapest both during the day but especially at night when the city is all lit up and spectacular. If you ever have the good fortune of spending some I time in Budapest, the Marriott is the ONLY place to stay,,

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Othoandnero

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure having you here as our guest, and that you selected Budapest Marriott Hotel for your accommodation during your stay in Budapest.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wow! This has been one of the best stays I have had a Marriott for a while. I was impressed from the moment I arrived.

They allowed me an early check-in (11am) but as the computer system was down they could not check me in, but provided me a key so I could wait in the club lounge. The club lounge is large and one of the better stocked and located lounges. It is open on weekends and kept open all day. It was a great place to come and have a drink in the evening and the views and outdoor area were very, very relaxing afternoon and evening. Breakfast was also very good with a great variety - highly recommend the lounge.

Within an hour or so they had the key to my room - and it had a great view over the Danube. The king bed was one mattress unlike the other hotels in Budapest that had two twins together. Very comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities and English outlet available so my English adaptor worked just fine.

The window in the room opened which was nice for fresh air.

Security is great as your key is needed to access the floors. The in-room safe was operated with a credit card which meant you could not keep it in the safe (minor irritation).

My room 744 was at the end of the corridor so no passing traffic as only one more room to the end of the corridor - great for getting in my steps! It had a connecting door to room 745, and apart from hearing my neighbour sneeze a couple of times no issue with noise from the other room.

Bathroom had separate shampoo and conditioner, but none of the usual amenities like q-tips - minor irritation. The shower was a large walk in shower, but the operation for the shower was a bit funky - never quite got the hang of it. Hair dryer was in the closet. There was also a close up mirror which I always like in a hotel.

WiFi was great - and was freely available in both the lounge and my room.

Did not try room service, but the food in the lounge was always great.

But the location - in the middle of everything and everything was walkable as well as the stops for the hop on/hop off buses and ferries.

Check-out was smooth and there was a taxi waiting to take me to the airport.

Would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Room 744 had a great view and was the second to last at the end of the corridor with a king bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AussieNarelle

Thank you so much for your very kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon!

Rcik Enders

Reviewed 19 July 2014

the hotel is very good , the bar and restaurant are very good , and the best is each room has a view for the river .
Almost all the turista attraction can be reach easily but foot or cab .
the only problems is , if you sleep late , after 10 they will not clean your room

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to place a review, it is most appreciated.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Should your travels bring you back to Budapest again in the future, I do hope you elect to stay with us again at Budapest Marriott Hotel.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at Budapest Marriott Hotel in June 2014 and had a great time. We had a King Club room which allowed us access to the hotels lounge and terrace which had an amazing view of the Palace and Fishermans Bastion. At the rear of the hotel was a main shopping strip which was really nice and we were able to catch a tram just a minute or two walk from the hotel. The room had a fabulous bed and really nice bathroom. We would have no hesitation in returning to Budapest Marriott Hotel should we return to the city one day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I am most pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay recently!
Thank you for your comments and photos and rest assured I will be sure to share with the team.
Also thank you for the nice photos about the hotel and the view.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you once again,

Kindest regards,