“Great Location But”

Budapest Marriott Hotel
Ranked #33 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was my first visit to Budapest. I am a loyal Marriott Rewards Club member so I booked my hotel through the Member Services program.The hotel was centrally located with great views of the Danube and the Pest side of the city. My hotel room was ready by 10:30 am when I arrived.
The room was spacious and clean. Unfortunately, I could not cool the room very well.I later learned that rooms only cool to ten degrees below outside temperatures.I was able to use the Executive Lounge which had a nice evening and morning buffet. My second complaint is the unfriendly staff I found throughout the hotel. It was as if they were doing me a favor by allowing me to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure having you here as our guest, and that you selected Budapest Marriott Hotel for your accommodation during your stay in Budapest.

Rick Enders

Write a ReviewReviews (3,178)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here in 18 months. The rooms were recently refurbished and have new carpet. The Danube rooms have beautiful views of the city and are wonderful. Reception was nice and fast and the lobby was busy but did not feel overcrowded. Really comfortable bed and clean bathrooms with modern fixtures and great water pressure. But, it's views that wow on top, making this an excellent hotel that has a great location, very affordable, good service and is comfortable and therefore, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to place a review, it is most appreciated.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Should your travels bring you back to Budapest again in the future, I do hope you elect to stay with us again at Budapest Marriott Hotel.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here, at the Marriott on the Danube, after a Viking River Cruise. The hotel offered a gracious two night stay for us. Each room has a river view and our view from the second floor was spectacular. The view in the morning just at dawn is amazing. The lights of the city illuminate the buildings as the sun shines on them. The bedding was Marriott quality with ample pillows and a comfortable mattress which guaranteed a satisfying night of sleep. The hotel was clean and offered a generous complimentary breakfast with a great array of choices. It was within walking distance of some very nice restaurant choices as well as to the major attractions of the city. We had to leave the hotel very early in the morning on the day of our departure. Since it was before the breakfast area was opened, the hotel presented us with a bag breakfast that could have fed two people easily. That and the fresh pot of coffee brewing in the lobby allowed us to get on our way with smiles on our faces. A very nice end to our wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms have a delightful view of the river and the hills of the Buda side of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank suzq720

Thank you so much for your very kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon!

Kind regards,

Rcik Enders

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Never made decision based on the outlook!!! From the outside hotel looks like an old soviet jail, but it's completely redone on the inside. All rooms are overlooking the river, generous size suits, very very good executive lounge, breakfast and cocktails in the evening! But most important - stuff. You feel a lot like you're at home and those guys are really care about you having time of your life. Yes, I'm Russian and yes, I drink a lot,.. so I left my phone in the taxi... not only reception people helped me to locate the phone NEXT morning when I was still embarrased from the situation - it was safely delivered back to my room with no extra charges and no question asked - just like very good friend would do. Thank you very much once again! Hope to be back very soon )

Room Tip: all rooms are good, go for the executive floor room with lounge access
1  Thank FedyaInMoscow

We do hope to welcome you again very soon!

Kind regards,

Rcik Enders

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We chose the Marriott because of our Gold Elite status and the location along the Danube. We were upgraded to the Executive Floor and we were not disappointed. The staff was wonderfully nice. We had a little problem with the air-conditioning and Atilla the manager was very understanding and gave us a partial credit on our last night charge. We stayed 3 nights prior to a Danube River cruise. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice room, 7th floor, Danube view but standard chain hotel room. Very little in way of toiletries and the showel gel not replenished. Shower leaked like billy-o and the toilet pan could have done with a good bleaching/scrubbing. Breakfast very good. Paid wifi, very expensive. Our River cruise company put us in here without consultation, we were supposed to be in Le Meridien which judging by reviews, would have been better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor, your comments are sincerely appreciated.

I am delighted to read your positive comments however it is regrettable that your visit with us did not fulfil all your expectations.
Should your travels bring you back to Budapest, I do hope that you reconsider visiting us again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed one night at the Budapest Marriott, which is right on the banks of the Danube.
The hallways were very warm and the public places were warm but our room and restaurants had a/c on.
Our room was very nice and clean, great bathroom. We had a room facing the river which had great views across the river to Buda.
Right behind the hotel was a busy shopping street.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the river, great view and quiet.