Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kylie S
Chichester, United Kingdom

Perfect weekend stop

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Dec 2017via mobile
The hotel is in a great location. A 2 minute walk your on the water front and within a 10 minute walk your at all the main attractions- up the hill - Christmas market etc. Rooms were clean and tidy. Safe and WiFi. Friendly staff. Lovely little pub next door. Breakfast was basic but adequate. It was a nice little stop and good value for money.
Date of stay: December 2017
    £115
1.3 miles from Carlton Hotel Budapest
View more hotels in Budapest
1,709 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The hotel is in a good location, very near to the Chain Bridge and funicular which will take you up to Buda Castle and Fisherman's Bastion. The room was on the warm side, the thermostat didn't seem to do much no matter how much you altered it. This was in late November so goodness knows how warm the rooms are in summer. Sadly, the Reception staff were of no help whatsoever with an issue I had. I was trying to arrange my pickup back to the Airport with the transfer company that had delivered us to the hotel, Unfortunately all I was getting when I called the number was a recorded message (In Hungarian) before I got disconnected. At this point I thought I'd ask somebody at reception to listen to the message so they could let me know what was being said. Sadly, this seemed beyond the remit of helpfulness; the receptionist called the number, but then hung up before the message kicked in and informed me that "They're not answering, try them later". I realise it's not necessarily the hotels problem that I was having issues setting up our pickup, but some basic help would have been nice. As it was I had to phone the company I arranged the holiday with back in the UK who very quickly (and professionally) sorted the issue out. This could be a lovely little hotel if only the reception staff cared a little.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2017

My sister and I had a nice and cozy 4 nights stay at this hotel (15-19 Nov 2017). It is not big but generally everything is there, Clean and comfortable beds with kettle and chocolate/tea making facilities. There is no shortage of hot drinks in the foyer anytime between 1300 and 1700. I find this practice by the hotel quite sweet and thoughtful especially in winter. Before going out or coming in, one can sip a hot drink in the lounge area. Location wise, it is fantastic if you are interested in visiting the Buda side of Budapest such as Buda Castle, Fishermen's Bastion or up the hill. The Chain Bridge is also nearby. Last but not least, the cleaning lady was very nice and helpful. My room was 503.

Room tip: The room I had was facing another building. It was quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank lin307
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Room quite narrow. plain green tea was available first morning, for the next three mornings staff said they had none. Breakfast food had good selection. Not much in the hotel except bedrooms. good location, ideal if you are just planning to use it as a base for sleeping, shower and breakfast so suited our needs.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel with my sister for a short break in Budapest. The location of the hotel is excellent being close to the chain bridge making it easy to get to all the tourist spots. The hotel is situated in a small side road at the top of a flight of steps from one end, & down a slope from the other. Disabled access is via a lift from the garage, so if needed by a visitor the taxi driver would need to arrive at the hotel from the lower road.

The room was a good size & clean, and a nice sized bathroom. It was very hot in the room even without any heating on & we could get it cool even with the air conditioning on. Because it was so hot in the room we had to sleep with the window open & were disturbed by noise from outside throughout the night - it sounded like people moving heavy objects around half the night. The breakfast was good, & the provision of hot drinks & biscuits in reception between 1-5 pm was a bonus after we had been out site seeing all day.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Booked here for 3 night stay with my wife room although not big is very clean and warm with good bed the bathroom has been newly done is is immaculate. Breakfast was really good staff really helpful do recommend