Ambra Hotel
  • Room Service
US$107
US$98
  • Bar/Lounge
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$134
US$121
  • Breakfast included
US$154
US$148
  • Room Service
All reviewsspar supermarketfree coffee and teapillow menuexcellent locationbars restaurantsbus tourreception staff arequiet side streetnight lifeeuropean hotelssmall hoteltwo blocksjewish quarterwithin walking distancesparkling winestayed at this hotel for nightswould recommend this hotel to anyone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Excellent location, close to the Deak ter underground, supermarket on doorstep. The area is lively with a lot of restaurants and cafes, yet the hotel is in a quiet street. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. Good breakfast, coffee and tea making facilities available 24 hours.
Reception staff is polite, was especially impressed by Borbala, who is very attentive to the hotel guests. Have stayed at hotel a couple of times, will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. It is a pleasure for me to read your kind words of your stay in our Hotel. Also thank you for recommending us to our future guests and sharing your informations about the rooms and the area of the Hotel.. In the name of the whole staff I can say that we are waiting you back next time again!
See You!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Me and my friend stayed in this hotel for 5 days. I asked from the beginning the room on the top so we got a room on the last 6 floor which is for 3 people. So we got a really big room and big bathroom although we were only 2. It was clean, towels were changed every day. We loved the breakfast - the variety is not very big but it's more than enough! And u have opportunity to get free coffee, cappuccino, chocolate coffee and so on whenever u want! And of course snacks as well! It's really great service especially in the winter! The location is perfect - close to everything! The staff at the reception was helpful when we asked some information about palace outside Budapest. The girl called to the palace to learn about opening hours and so on.
I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alena G
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Alena,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. It was a pleasure for me to read your words of satisfaction mentioning our breakfast service staff and your room as well. We are also happy that you were delighted with our open-bar, and enjoyed the free tea/coffee and snacks facility.
I am sure that next time you will choose us again. It would be a pleasure for us to accommodate you in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

East walking to Hungarian State Opera House and New York Cafe! Ideally located in the "Old City" on the Pest side. Don't be put off by graffiti on the streets. Many small bars/restaurants to eat nearby. 4 stars only because there is no full restaurant (breakfast is included). Loved the church bells at noon!
Bernadette at the front desk is very efficient, friendly and full of suggestions. And many thanks to Nandor for the assistance with transportation from the airport to the hotel!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and post your kind reply to Tripadvisor our Hotel. We are pleased that you had a great time in Budapest and were fully satisfied with our staff and services. On behalf of Bernadett and Nandor I would like to say thank you for mentioning their hospitality.
I hope you won't hesitate to choose us again next time!
Waiting You back!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Staying on Ambra Hotel in Budapeste was amasing, great service, friendly and helpfull staff, nice room pleanty of space, with a clean equiped bathroom. tastefull breakfast with large variety of foods. Close to center of city 5 minutes walking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Maravi,
I would like to thank you for sharing your comment of your previous stay at Best Western Plus Hotel Ambra. It is a pleasure for me to read your positive description of our staff and services.
Also thank you for highlighting to tastiness of richness of breakfast service.
I hope that we made a very good impact to you and we can welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Arrived late evening to find Andrea behind the counter with a welcome smile and a large prepared packet of tourist info. She was very helpful in explaining the free buffet breakfast, room policies and where to purchase currency. I found my room to be quite nice and quaint; clean and orderly. The buffet breakfast was everything I expected...........and more! Their 24-hour coffee/juice bar and free wi-fi fit right in with what I look for in lodging. The hotel is a small 37-room operation located literally seconds and minutes to shopping, food and nightlife. The street it's located on is nothing to write home about but the area is well-lit. As hit-and-miss goes when finding lodging in a foreign country, I'd list my experience as a "hit" because of the incredible staff (Borbola and Bernedette), soothing atmosphere and location as it refers to attractions. Sure, you can always find "fancier and more expensive" but you'd be hard-pressed to find "nicer, friendlier and more bang for the buck." I give them a "4" (just shy of a 5) only because of the few amenities offered. I will, without a doubt, stay here again! List me as a very satisfied customer!

Room Tip: The single elevator is typical "European-small" so try to score a first-floor room where the walk up is only a few steps. I lucked out on this!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ehcop

Dear Echop,
I can't be grateful enough for posting your fantastic review here at Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read your kind words about us! On behalf of the staff I can say that we cannot be happier that all of our services and the members of the staff fully exceeded your expectations. I am sure that your positive feedback will be very useful for our future guests.
If you are planning to visit Budapest again don't hesitate to contact us!

Best regards