“This hotel fascinates with it's views !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Manitoba, Canada
“This hotel fascinates with it's views !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

had an unbelievable 2 night stay i this hotel. The buffet was nice , but the view of the Old parliament and pest side , remarkable. the gym had great cardio equipment, and you were right in the middle of the premier tourist district of Budapest---The castle district . great stay

Room Tip: get a room facing the Danube !!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank darren15
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable review with us and other Tripadvisor readers.
I am very glad to hear you liked our unique location, the unforgettable view from the hotel to the most outstanding sights of the city as well as our modern fitness facilities.

Thank you again for being our valued customer and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zoltan Arvai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,043)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Very nice hotel in a very nice area. I've just got home a few days ago, and although outside it was very cold, we had a wonderful stay in a wonderful city!

The room are spacious and ours overlooking the courtyard side as front and back side were fully booked. No worries though, because of the courtyard it was nice and quiet. During our stay we made use of the breakfast and lobby bar. Both absolutely perfect!

All future visitors to Budapest will love the city! Don't miss out on restaurant 21, which is one street away from the hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JorikD
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us and other visitors of Tripadvisor website.
I am so glad to hear you had a lovely vacation in Budapest and it seems to me you were pleased with our facilities and services.

Thank you for letting other travellers know of your unique experience regarding the view from your guest room to the UNESCO World Heritage medieval Dominican Courtyard.

If you wish to return to Budapest, we were more than happy to welcome you back to our hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

The services of Hilton are excellents, I truly recomend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012
Ra'anana, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I came with my girlfriend for a weekend in the end of January.
The hotel was great. It has a great location, big modern rooms which are very clean, quiet with great views of the city.
The hotel breakfast is very rich and the other facilites were very relaxing.
the staff was very friendly and always helpful.
Bottom line, a very good place to stay in Budapest, AAA!!!

Nadav

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nadav A
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for posting your precious feedback to this website.
Above all this, thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Budapest and sharing your positive comments on our location, the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms, our breakfast offer and the professional attitude of our personnel.

I trust we may have the pleasure again to welcome you back to our hotel, should your future plans bring you back to our city.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Just had a four night break in this beautiful hotel. The location was fantastic, the views were breathtaking and the staff and service were five star. For me this was the perfect hotel and would highly recommend it.I have been to a few Hiltons and their service and standards are the best. Well done Hilton!!

Room Tip: Sixth floor for the views, all facilities excellent
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank looby1876
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Budapest, sharing your valuable feedback with us and other readers of Tripadvisor website.

I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed by the unique location of our hotel as well as the breathtaking views. It is fantastic to hear that you found the quality of iour serrvices perfect and you were satisfied with our personnel.

I need not have to say, I am proud to read you would highly recommend Hilton, as one of the best hotel brands. If you consider to return to Budapest in the future, it would be a great honour to welcome you back to our hotel.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Just spent 4 nights with my wife in this amazingly beautiful city and made even better by staying in what I say the perfect hotel. Location difficult to beat anywhere in the world, staff I must say one of the best I have ever encountered in any 5 star hotel anywhere in the world were one usually and very often finds arrogant individuals who unless well tipped don´t even consider you the way it should be. Regarding the check in, both my wife and I have to say that the lady who did it was absolutely and incredibly efficient, courteous, informative, simply the best check in I have ever encountered in any hotel that I have visited. Thereafter every single member of the staff not only at the front office, but also concierge were just 10/10. The breakfast was another very good experience, beautiful buffet but also with the option to ask a ala carte which I did in a restaurant with AMAZING views of Budapest. The staff again just 10/10. On the negative side, the bed lightning is not that good as in most hotels still don´t understand why, also the matress not as good as other themed ones from other hotel chains and internet quite expensive compared to other Hotels were it is not even charged any more. Also my shower head was broken so difficult to have a proper shower. But despite this I loved this hotel and I would recommend it over and over to anyone who will go to this wonderful city.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank itacolcat
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Budapest.

Our property does have a unique location and has nice amenities, however, we could not meet our guests’ expectations without an outstanding Front Desk team that we have. But we do not stop there, the entire team from Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Engineering work incredibly hard to ensure that their contribution is done to the best of there abilities to guarantee every guest have a pleasant stay.

Unfortunately we need to charge an amount for internet, though there are some developments going on at the moment to introduce free access in all public areas of the hotel. At the same time, complimentary access is available in the Executive Club Lounge for our Executive Floor guests. Besides, our HHonors Gold and HHonors Diamond Members may enjoy free internet access in their guest rooms plus they are also welcome to enjoy the services of the Executive Club Lounge free of charge. I also appreciate your comments on the mattress and the shower had and I will follow up with the team to improve our service.

Once again, I am grateful for your kind remarks and we will continue to take care of you and all our valued guests. We hope to see you back soon.

With best regards,

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Booked this hotel during my first visit to Budapest. I must say that, for the most part, I had a positive experience.

The staff was very helpful in accommodating me and the concierge was fantastic. Each night we had an excellent dinner reservation made. Another great aspect was the rooms, which for the single I booked, was absolutely huge.

However, I do have two critisims. First, the hotel was undergoing renovations for the off season when I was there. I found some of the noise from the construction fairly disturbing especially when major work was going on during the day and I was trying to sleep in. One other negative aspect was due to the location in residential Buda, it was sometimes slightly prohibitive to get into Pest to do sightseeing. Overall I had a positive experience.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the renovations!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor website.

I am glad that in general you had a pleasant and memorable stay with us.
However, I am sad to read your concerns regarding the fire safety development works going on during your visit, and would like to extend apologies to you disturbed by the noise, as well as explain a bit about what we were doing.

We are extremely guest-oriented and eager to make our guests’ stay with us an exceptional experience. From time to time, however, it is necessary to carry on technical maintenance or hotel refurbishment works. Our goal is to always guarantee the expected Hilton quality to our guests and adding value to our hotel. Please be aware that we always do our utmost to reduce noise as much as possible during any necessary works.

Please feel free to email me with any questions or advice, and know that we truly look forward to serving you and showing you how much we care on your next visit.

General Manger.