“Great views of the city, but expensive for what you get”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 2 June 2012

For such a beautiful and well situated hotel, the stay was a bit of a disappointment.

I had room 373 with a superb view of the Parliament building and a partial view of Fisherman's Bastion. Though I was assigned a room on the club floor (3rd floor) it did not come with club privileges such as complimentary cocktails, newspaper,etc.

So apparently, you can have a room on the club floor (with its great views), and choose to pay 45 euro extra for the club services. This might not be a bad idea as the rooms are nice and the views spectacular.

This room had twin beds, was average in size and esthetically nothing special. The view is everything. Room 374 next door had a larger window, but the room looked the same size.

I stayed two nights and it was a good experience as I loved the location.

Room Tip: Pay extra if you have to, but get the Danube view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Esther P
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and sharing your review with us.
We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel at some point in the future and show your we care.

Zoltan Árvai

Reviewed 2 June 2012

My wife decided she would take me to the capital city of her homeland, wow i was impresses, This hilton is by far one of the best i have ever stayed in.
On arrival we were upgraded to a larger room, no questions asked. The bed was massive, as a 6 ft 4 guy it was definitely a godsend. We venture out into the area that teh hotel is based in and it had a real comfortable family feel, everyone was kind and said good morning, the church was outstanding, and the views of parliment were just as beautiful, the architecture is something to die for.

The hotel had some great amemnities, i cannot really comment on these as i did not use them, However the restaurant was sublime, the pianist was great, and played flawlessly, he created a real atmosphere to the evening. Our meals were in front of use within 10 minuets which i feel is a perfect amount of time to take in the surroundings with a nice drink.

The waiter spoke in Hungarian but was quick to realise that only my wife completly understood him so he switched to english for my benefit. The meal was well cooked, and teh desert really topped the whole dining experience off. We finished with a coffee and headed back to our room.

On closer inspection (and i mean close, as i work for hotels) the room was extremely clean, the wardrobe space was more than sufficient and i nicked your slippers (sorry) There was pleanty of room in the bathroom for both of us and the room had this heritage feel about it.

I would highley reccomemnd this hotel for business, pleasure, a quick stop over or any other kind of travel. I felt like i was a very valued customer i have now decided to book my father and me into this hotel ready for the 2013 hungarian grand prix. While our wives will get to go on a pampering day.

I am already sure that this will be another great experiance.

The only issue i woul dhave to say was there was a lack of watchable tv channels, but to be honest you will be looking out at the wounderous lights of Budapest and not even care about the tv.

Can not wait to go back !!

Koszonom szepen!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the city as there are amazing views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james h

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.
Your detailed observations and opinions are appreciated. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay.
Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Budapest and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights, at the start of a Danube cruise. This is a very good hotel with high standards of comfort and service. However, we won't be back! We object to paying an outrageous amount of money for the privilege of using the wired internet. 26 euros for 24 hours useage is too much! We have stayed in many cheaper hotels where the internet is free and it has worked fine.
Breakfast was nothing special.
We had a wonderful view from our room, but overall we thought this hotel was poor value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julietheoracle

Dear Guest,

Thank your for filling out a review on TripAdvisor.
I would like to inform you as of January 2013 we will provide complimentary internet service in all public areas of the hotel in compliance with the Hilton Brand Standard.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope you get another chance to experience Hilton Budapest in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Zoltan Árvai

Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel was both stylish and comfortable with history attached. The staff were helpful and cheerful! We dined 'in house' on the first evening and enjoyed a very tasty meal with attentive service. The breakfast was a delight - everything we could have desired was on offer, which can only start the day off beautifully. The hotel is so close to many interesting sights that you can practically lean out of the window and touch them. It's also very close to quite a few decent restaurants, so get out and explore!

Room Tip: Request a room with views of Pest - quite stunning. . . .
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mudgiedutch

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on this website, I would like to to personally respond and thank you.
Your feedback is much appreciated. It was particularly good to hear that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Can it get better than staying next to Matthias Church when in Budapest? Great views of the church or the city from the rooms. Fisherman's Bastion just steps away outside. Enjoy the history of this beautiful city! This is a busy, modern hotel in a bustling city. You are a $10-$20 taxi ride from any of the tourist cites. Hop on/hop bus off stops just down the street. I recommend staying a few days here during your time in Budapest.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank SFOCDGFCO

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a positive review on TripAdvisor, I would like to personally respond and thank you.
I am grateful for your feedback. It was really nice to hear that your impression of our location and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Lets say i had à perfect weekend !

Thanks to The weather, my friends , but also Thanks to te Location of The Hilton.

In The middle of The castle area and great view on The Danube and parlement !

Rooms are ok and Executive lounge has great pre dinner snacks , However i would say it is more à dinner!! Very good!
Only strange thing is That Some Executive rooms are only accessible passing the executive lounge .

But once you start eating and drinking , you won't matter anymore. I also need to inform you that Tibor ( executive waiter) is great! He remembered all my drinks I had the night before and presented them directly to me again! Unforgettable !

Thanks a lot

Regards
V

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Vincent_D_BE

Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor, I would like to personally respond and thank you.
I am grateful for your feedback. It was really nice to hear that your impression of our historic location and the service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I will make sure to share your gracious feedback with our Executive Lounge Team.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband had a workshop at the Hilton and we stayed for four days. Perfect location on a private hill next to the Matthias Church and Buda Castle with many bistros and restaurants along the street. Our clean and spacious room had a slight view of the Danube but a magnificent one nevertheless. Breakfast was extremely rich and full of variety. Perfect location, we could easily walk all around the city and back uphill to the hotel. Judith at the business office was remarkably charming and helped us choose our itineraries. The front desk staff were very helpful and smiling all the time, especially Peter, Akos and both Andras, they were all professional.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CanariByblos

Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor.
I am grateful for your feedback. It was really nice to hear that your impression of our historic location and the service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I will make sure to share your inspiring feedback with Judith, Peter, Akos and Andras.