“Beautiful location for this UNESCO Hotel”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #16 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 8 October 2012

When looking at where to stay in Budapest, we considered TripAdvisor, together with the book "1000 Places To See Before You Die". We considered whether to stay on the Buda side or the Pest side. We were delighted with our choice - the Hilton is a lovely property in a beautiful location on the Buda side, in the Castle Hill district. It is listed by UNESCO as a heritage site (as is the whole area), beng an old 13th century church and 17th century Jesuit college, and has ruins incorporated as part of its site.

We chose an Executive Club room which was a good size and provided good value for money, particularly with the Club facilities, including an array of hot and cold food and drinks throughout the day. This makes you question whether you need to go out for dinner (we saw many people filling their plates). We chose to go out - you may only pass this way once! It was nice to have some pre dinner drinks and nibbles before wandering a short distance to one of the many well-priced restaurants in the area.

The staff are excellent and very helpful. Our only complaint was that the airconditioning in our room did not work properly, so it was very stuffy. We asked housekeeping to remove the fluffy doona and replace it with a sheet and blanket so that we could sleep more easily. Free Wi-Fi is included with this room level which was very handy.

Room Tip: The Executive Club rooms are very good value. Also free Wi-Fi included in the package. Just a shor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Budapest and taking the time to share your valuable feedback with Tripadvisor Community
We are very glad to hear you liked our UNESCO World Heritage site location and thank you for telling others about your your memorable experience. It is most important for us to know that you felt well taken care of duing your whole stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Until then, please feel free to
contact us whenever we can stay at your disposal.

Zoltan Árvai

Write a ReviewReviews (4,437)

Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

I chose to stay at this hotel as I was working in Budapest and the location looked really nice. It's an excellent hotel, don't get me wrong and I got all the upgrades I would have expected as a Hilton gold member.

One thing though, on the first day I asked for a a wifi password as it was my understanding that hhonours gold members got theirs for free. This was given to me for the first night and when I went to reception to get one for my second nights stay I was told this was not possible. I tried to explain to the guy and he was adamant he was right and I wrong. I was about to leave when I was told in a very condescending tone that he will check this. Funnily enough I was right. Again no apologies, I was simply told to go upstairs and collect my card from the business counter.

I genuinely was unimpressed at the way the guy spoke to me. There geniunly is no need for rudeness. Whether I was right or wrong I don't think it's an acceptable way to speak to a guest.

I did get a call from guest relations later on who was very interested in explaining their free wifi policy more than what my actual issue was. I think I did not manage to get my point across.

Other than that, this is a wonderful hotel. Situated in a very good location and all the staff and people I met ( with one exception ) were genuinely nice and went out of their way to help

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank 1,014,772,047

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website. I wanted to personally reply to you and take your constructive feedback to improve our services and products we offer.

I have passed on your comments to the department involved, especially the services offered to our valued HHonors guests as well as the attitude of our team. We have taken your feedback in to account at our ongoing "make it righ" training organized for team members contacting guests every day.

Nevertheless, I am glad that in general you enjoyed the ambience of our hotel and had a pleasant stay. We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future to experience this for yourself.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Our family was moving to Budapest for an expat assignment and needed a place to stay our first week while we prepared our permanent residence. It is very hard to book online for a family of 5, so my husband and. I visited on a previous trip to Budapest to ask to see what they had available. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us a complete tour of the hotel, showing us the various options that were available to us. We chose a Danube view corner suite, which had a bedroom and large living room area, and added on an adjoining room for the children. This provided ample space for us to hang out, and for my husband to get some work done during the days. The view was absolutely spectacular. we were overlooking the fisherman's bastion and could see Parliament and Pest right across the river. My daughter felt like a princess in a castle, and it was hard to get my son to sleep at night,because he so enjoyed just staring out the window. Our room rate included breakfast, which was good and had something for everyone. The restaurant also had lovely views of the fisherman's bastion. The front desk staff were helpful in telling us he to get around town and making recommendations. Another thing Americans will appreciate about this hotel is that the air conditioning works! We werere ther during an extremely hot week, and it was always such a relief to get back to our nice, cool room at th end of the day. We also took advantage, many times, of their offer to bring us a bucket of ice whenever we wanted. Would stay here agin and wod recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Danube view, so worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily M
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with the Community.

I appreciate your time taken to tell others about your impression of our unique location and the stunning view to the beautiful monuments of Buda and Pest . We are pleased to read you were satisfied with the comfort of your suite and you felt home, far away from home.

I am grateful for telling other valued travellers that you were liked the selection and the service of our restaurant.

Again, I am grateful for your opinion and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Wow factor view of Danube following advice from reception to upgrade. No other view in the world has matched it even when we also stayed one night at the intercontinental across the river.the staff were all without exception friendly and helpful and made you feel welcome to Budapest as well as providing excellent service. My partner was on business and when I ate alone one evening in the bar I was really looked after. The architecture is amazing and has merged modern and ancient beautifully. The rooms are spacious and well equipped.we will definitely return to this hotel when next in Budapest.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank julesnottm7
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time taken to share your valuable feedback with Tripadvisor Community
and thank your for the honour of being our guests.

My team and I are really happy to read that you were impressed by our unique location and are grateful for sharing your memorable experience with other valued Travellers. It is most important for us to know that you felt well taken care of duing your stay.

contact us whenever we can stay at your disposal.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

It's hard to argue with the many positive reviews of this hotel on here. It's all about location location location and this hotel has it in strides. From it's position in the Castle district with all the history on your doorstep, to the breathtaking views over the Danube and City, I challenge anyone to be disappointed (unless you're unwilling to fork out for a Danube view room!)

Whilst the lobby and restuarants are fairly contemporary, the rooms are pretty dated in their decor, but perfectly clean and adequate - although beware they do have that annoying continental bedding in the rooms, so think individual duvets and not very substantial pillows!

The breakfast was first rate with a wide variety of the usual fare. Just disappointed I wasn't here longer than the one night. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Budapest and submitting a review to this website.
I appreciated your time taken to share your positive experience with other Travellers worldwide.

Regarding your constructive comments our bedding, please allow me to tell that by the end of the year around half of our guest rooms will be provided with Hilton Serenity Bed, a luxurious service of the Hilton Brand to complete your sleeping experience. Custom designed to our guests'needs, this innovative bed is posturized for added coil support and an inviting plush top mattress improves circulation during nighttime. The new linen is allergeen free, delightfully soft and elegant, the large duvet cover is both stylish and practical, the feather and down pillows offer a supportive inner chamber as well.

I trust, we may have the pleasure soon to welcome you back to our hotel and offer the opportunity to experience our new bedding yourself. Should you have any questions in this or any other respect, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Very efficient and friendly check in as there were plenty of staff on duty. Rooms were spacious and had everything one could want including complimentary water, bathrobes and slippers. Breakfast was busy but staff were efficient and there was a good variety of food both hot and cold. The hotel is in a very good position in Buda and the dining room (and some rooms) has a wonderful view across the river to Pest. All the places of interest in Buda are within easy walking distance and so are a variety of restuarants. The Number 16 bus, which seemed to be free, leaves from just opposite the hotel and takes you down to the heart of Pest. It is also an easy walk to the Chain Bridge. If I was visiting Budapest again I would certainly choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for your time taken to submit your comments on Tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with the Community.
I am happy to read you had such a pleasant stay with us. We are glad to find out from your feedback that you felt taken care of during your stay and were impressed by locations as well as our services. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back real soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

If you don't like being ripped off and the Internet is an important part of your life, then DONT stay at this hotel. Other reviews have listed the rip off prices charged for Internet access so I won't repeat them, but what I will say is this - the policy of over-charging, or indeed charging at all, for Internet access is a VERY BAD business decision in my opinion. Firstly it loses you customers. I am sure I am not alone in saying that I will NEVER stay at another Hillton Hotel again until Internet access is free - at least in public places. Secondly, in addition to losing future income, it loses you money whenever a guest decides, like I did, that they're NOT going to drink in your bar and NOT going to eat in your restaurant - there are plenty of places in Budapest with free WIFI where we can have all our devices switched on and keep in touch with the outside world for free. And before you assume that I'm some teenager with an Internet addiction, I should tell you that I'm in my mid-fifties and well-off - just the sort of demographic which hotel chains like the Hilton should not be discouraging from staying in their hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Ped777
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post review on this website.

We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel and would apologize for the fact that you have not received a response to this issue you raised on
departure.

We and all Hilton Hotels Worldwide always endeavour to offer the highest level of service. I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectaions. I regret that we cannot offer a remedy at this point, however, I am pleased to advise you that as of 2013 wi-fi will be provided complimentary in all public areas of the hotel meeting the latest Hilton Brand Standard.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opoprtunity of welcoming you back to Hilton hotels at some point in the future. Should you wish to discuss the matter with me in person, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,