“Absolutely top draw!”

Ranked #19 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Paris, France
“Absolutely top draw!”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed there for a weekend, the staff were fantastic and the best I've come across.

The food was delicious and the rooms were spacious.

Nothing was too much for the staff, even though they had large groups of american tourists in.

Well done!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very grateful for your time taken to share your inspiring feedback with us and other valued Readers of Trip Advisor.
Your positive words you said about us are much appreciated. Thank you for your high recommendation, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Well, I think it is Zsa Zsa we should thank for encouraging Hilton to develop a hotel in this area Budapest. Imagine bombed out buildings post WWII. In the US, we would have bulldozed them flat and constructed something "spanking new." The Hungarians did do "spanking new" but they wisely saved the ruins of a 13th century Dominican church. The cloisters are partially preserved in the lower level, with the missing stones demarcated. Our room was lovely -- it overlooked the Fisherman's Bastion, and if you don't mind tourists looking into your room, the view of the bastion was spectacular. We could also see the Parliament Building as well as the large cathedral on the Pest side of the Danube -- all from our room in the hotel. Dining in the hotel was pricey, but the bar served lovely soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts at a fraction of the dining room price. The pea soup (lovely spring green) was delicious!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Danube or Fisherman's Bastion ----
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Snowflake1307
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience on this website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

I am grateful for your comments regarding the unique features of our hotel built around the ruins of a 13th century Dominican monastery and cloister. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the fabulous views from your guest room to the surrounding historic monuments. Thank you for letting other valued Readers know of the selection of our bar.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Spent a week here as a base to explore Budapest- my room was spacious and very comfortable. The concierge and hotel staff were very helpful in arranging tours. Meals in the hotel restaurant were expensive, meaning we ate out quite a bit.

Room Tip: Obviously rooms with a view over the city and Danube would be first choice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trebor61
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you have had such a memorable visit at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the comfort of your room met your satisfaction. I was also happy to hear that you found our restaurant services good.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Managar
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We arrived at night, and when we opened the door to our room on the sixth floor, we gasped. The view across the Danube River of the illuminated Parliament Building was like a postcard. It was beyond our expectation to have the iconic Budapest view from our own window. The room was comfortable, updated and enjoyable. I especially liked the nice variety of tea and coffee available in the room. The hotel breakfast features a wide variety of items, some familiar, and some deliciously Hungarian, like the paprika sausages and bread with bits of candied fruit. The smoked fish, the cheeses and the large selection of pastries ensured that no one should leave hungry. The waiter who served our table was extremely pleasant and professional. He kept the coffee cups full. We liked the neighborhood and the proximity to a number of restaurants, the famous St. Mathias Church, and Fisherman's Bastion. Oh my, I want to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KayRuth
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.
I was delighted to read that you have had a memorable visit at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the room you stayed in offered you comfort, peace an unforgettable views to the city skyline of Budapest. I was also delighted to read that your found our restaurant team members to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is a really beautiful hotel in a stunning location with amazing views. The service was great and staff were professional.

Its in the middle of the Castle District and a perfect base for sight seeing. It is pretty easy to get across to Pest where there are more restaurant and bar options.

Room Tip: i would pay the extra charge for the rooms with the views across the danube. it was totally worth it...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michy369
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Budapest. The words you said about us make us feel inspired and very grateful.
Thank you for your high recommendation regarding our splendid location and the stunnig views. I am really glad to see that you felt well taken care of during your whole stay.

I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest.

Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We spent our pre-excursion here and it was perfect. You can't be more in the center of the Castle area. Breakfast was a meal with variety and quality that sustained us until dinner. Staff was totally professional with care and advice. You will love it! Evie from Indiana

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry46307
Dear Guest,

I am glad to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I am grateful for your comments regarding the professional attitude of our Team and our unique location, I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest in the near future.

scotland
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I loved this hotel as it was on the Buda side which I prefer. Room was large and all the extras
bathrobes, tea and coffee , aircon, great breafast. We had a great time would go back to this
hotel. Castle area quiet compared to Pest. Eating out more choice in Pest and for bars etc.

Room Tip: Ask for river view but you might have to pay extra.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank suziewongScotland
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your positive comments on this website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

I am glad to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I am grateful for your comments regarding our unique location, nevertheless I understand and respect your point of view.