Hilton Budapest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Burg Hotel(Budapest)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Buda Castle Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
Dunapart Hotel(Budapest)
4,500 results
All reviewscastle districtfisherman's bastionthe executive loungeicon restaurantthe rivermatthias churchbuda sidedanube viewchain bridgebeautiful hotelan upgradeamazing locationpublic transportationcity breakparliamentconciergetaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It is for good reason that Budapest is considered one of the 10 pst beautiful cities in the world. And staying in the Castle district put you right in the heart of it. Do you like castles, do you like great restaurants and wine bars, how about scenery that is stunning? You can see by my 3 photos taken out of my BEDROOM WINDOW, made the whole experience a gem. The staff were friendly and helpful, and I would certainly recommend the executive lounge rooms, a bit more pricey, but you make up for it with the breakfast and evening cocktails and snacks. Do get hooked up with the local 3 day bus/metro pass, one you figure it out it is fast and efficient. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: BE SURE to get a river view, this is a must !!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Russ,

thank you for taking such wonderful photos of our beautiful city from your room they are really great!

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our Executive Lounge and found our team members friendly and helpful.

Hope that you have started to plan your return journey to Budapest!

Zoltan

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Highly recommend this Buda hotel for it's location, comfort, breakfast buffet, staff, and quiet, walk-worthy neighborhood. As an infrequent traveler to Europe, it was a relief to be in a lovely hotel that was a perfect blend of familiar Hilton and unfamiliar Hungarian ambiance. We couldn't have had a better view morning, noon, and night overlooking the nearby Fishermen's Bastion and across the Danube to the city of Pest with it's iconic House of Parliament, bridges, etc. We enjoyed walking around the Castle District and enjoyed several nearby restaurants. The only slight disappointment was that Wi-Fi wasn't readily available in our room. Overall, we were very satisfied with the Hilton Budapest and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can get a Danube-view room, it's worth it. We were on the top floor and it was super.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your review, I'm thrilled to see how much you enjoyed our unique location and the area around us and our beautiful capital itself which has so many things to offer.

I would like to inform you that complimentary WIFI is available in public areas of the hotel and there is small charge for using high speed internet in the rooms.

Thank you for recommending our Hilton Budapest to other travelers and we all look forward to have you with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I enjoyed the location of this hotel, especially because a 2 minute walk leads you to the best view of the city! The rooms are a little outdated especially compared to our friend who stayed at Art Hotel and had a super cool/modern/unique room.

One thing I did not like was that they advertise "free wifi" but you actually have to pay for it in your room. I felt a bit "nickel and dimed". There is free wifi in common areas, but that is misleading to advertise that it is free. I needed to skype with some family members and it wasn't appropriate to do so in common areas.

This hotel is in the quieter side -- Buda. So it's a healthy walk to all the action across the river in Pest. But we didn't mind because we love to walk but it's a serious hike to get back up to the hotel (especially after a few cocktails)!! Of course you can always cab, but we like to walk everywhere we can.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experince with other readers.

It's great to read that you liked the unique location of the hotel.

It's true that we offer free wifi in public areas of the hotel and there is a small charge for high speed internet in the rooms. If you could write me where you saw free wifi advertised I would investigate it at once to make sure our guests see correct information.

I would like to inform you that our owner plans to make a refurbishment of the hotel soon.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again!

Yours sincerely,
Hilton Budapest

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is on the Buda side of Budapest.Fisherman's Bastion is behind the hotel and the view from there is spectacular. It was within walking distance of some of the sites. There was also public transportation nearby to take you to the Pest side of the city. The room was spacious and faced the Danube River overlooking the Parliament. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was excellent, offering a variety of dishes. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel from the 2 floor up face the Danube River.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peggy L
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you have had a fabulous experience with us, and that you were impressed with your stay overall. It sounds our location in Buda Castle district perfectly suited to your needs.
Thank you very much once again and when you plan a return visit to Budapest, we would be more than happy to welcome you back.

Zoltán Árvai

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I had to stay here for 11 nights while I was on business and she on vacation. Some may balk at staying in the Castle District due to costs, etc, but it turned out to be very nice to come home to at the end of each day as the Hill is quieter and more scenic than in Pest. The only complaint I had was that the bed is typical European firm... this was hard for sleeping as we were used to a softer bed, but other than that a great experience. The staff was overall very good and did actually act as though they cared about the details, something you just don't see these days!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to have you as our long - staying guest and to hear that you felt yourselves home far away from home. As you have noted it is an honour to do all we can to ensure your stay is a relaxing one whether travelling on business and leisure.

Our guests' sleeping experience is extremely important for us. We encourage you to reach out to our Houskeeping team with any concerns you might have regarding the bed. I would like to assure you that we have every amenity available to make things immediately right.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to building many more new memories.

Zoltán Árvai