“A hotel with a 'wow' factor.”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Manchester UK
“A hotel with a 'wow' factor.”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I think everyone has said it already... Stunning views, great bedrooms, great service and great food in the restaurant. The location in the Castle district is a sure winner and the whole feel of the place and city is something else.

I stayed for 5 nights and just cannot fault anything. Room was on the 4th floor, away in the 'quiet' part and not the best view of a courtyard but I was offered an upgrade at a cost for a Danube view. Beds were king size and the room had all the mod cons.... safe, well stocked mini bar, tea & coffee facilities, hair dryer, safe, iron/board and of course wifi. There is also public wifi in the lobby.

Breakfast was hot & cold buffet style and all you could think of and more... eggs from chickens even!! I dined in the restaurant most days and found the food reasonably priced and very good. My stay was faultless.

Would I visit the Hilton again.....I am already planning my next trip.
Would I recommend to friends and family... Indeed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew H
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

It sounds like you have had an amazing stay here at Hilton Budapest and I am really pleased to see this.

You have particularly mentioned about the comfort of your bedroom, and I will be sure to let our team know of your great experience.

Thank you very much once again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you again in the near future.

Zoltan Arvai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,088)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oak Ridge, United States
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Budapest Hilton on the Buda side is an excellent place to spend your vacation. It combines the quiet and peaceful environment well-known to Hilton hotels with the ease of reaching to many of the most scenic spots in Budapest. Situated next to the Fisherman's Bastion, you can conveniently walk there during some of the quiet evening moments where you can see the reflections of the city lights on the Pest side across the Danube River. If you wish, you can also easily join the happy crowd of tourists during the day time in the neighborhood who are all in awe of the magnificent scenery they see at the spot of the Fisherman's Bastion. From the happy faces you see among these fellow tourists, you will share their special joy at having seen such the marvelous sight down below across the Danube River. The staff at Hilton are excellent. My luggage was delayed at Frankfurt but the Hotel staff contacted the airline to retrieve the luggage for us in time before we departed from Budapest.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Cheuk-Yin W
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am really happy to see that you have had an excellent stay with us, and that our beautiful location particularly made you feel enchanted. We will certainly be advising all of the teams of your fantastic feedback, and I thank you so much for your kind words.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Best Regards,

Manchester
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We arrived at approximately 7pm in the evening, and were staying for 3 nights. We were greeted by Pul (I hope that's correct) who I now believe to be Guest Services Manager. What a very helpful and lovely person. He definitely made our stay more enjoyable.

Pul was extremely helpful, gave us plenty of literature on the city, which trips we could do. Boat trips, bus trips, dinner cruises. He also gave us a list of restaurants and bars, some in the Castle District and some over the bridges in Pest, which the hotel recommended, a couple of which we ate in, and they were fantastic.

We were upgraded to a River View room, which if you get the chance to upgrade, you really should. The view when we walked in to our room was breathtaking. The whole river and Parliament buildings were lit up. It was a very amazing sight, and one I didn't tire of for the 4 days we were there.

The room was also huge especially when you consider that it is also a city centre hotel for comparison. Room came with all amenities needed, tea coffee, TV, minibar, electronic safe and fluffy bathrobes also!! Some complimentary water in rooms wouldn't go a miss though as 1,700HUF (£4.50 / 5.5€) was a little pricey for some sparkling water!!

Breakfast was nice, probably just slightly better than your average hotel breakfast, but nice all the same. All needs catered for, cooked meats, cold meats & cheeses, bagels, pastries, cereals & granola and a whole range of drink options. From other reviews, I gather it's on the pricey side, but we stayed B & B, so can't really comment on that. I'm sure the food and service condones the price!

The Faust Wine Cellar is a must see. Amazing little place, built into one of the original caves under the Castle District.

All in all, a perfect hotel for a perfect trip. Great food, drinks, views, location. A very good mix of old and new seamlessly combined to make a hotel well worth it's 5 stars!!

We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a river view room! Well worth it!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CandyLadyManchester
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am thrilled to read about what a lovely stay you have had here with us at Hilton Budapest.

You have mentioned our Front Office Manager Laszlo in particular, and he could not be happier after reading your great review. I personally went and congratulated him on a job very well done indeed, as this is exactly the type of impression that we want to make on our valued guests.

I am grateful to read your great experience at your guest room and the food taken at our restaurant. Our team absolutely appreciate your inspiring feedback showing that our services are consistent throughout the hotel.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Seldom does a hotel far surpass my expectations, but the Hilton Budapest Castle District is now among my favorite hotels in the world. Situated in one of the most beautiful historic sections of the city, the Hilton was built into the remains of religious institutions dating back to the 13th century. From the moment I arrived, the staff set itself apart in terms of friendly, attentive service. The king room was particularly welcome, as king beds seem rare in European hotels. The hotel's Icon Restaurant buffet breakfast was highly enjoyable, offering picturesque views of the Danube and city below. While the hotel is not new, it has been thoroughly maintained. I give the Hilton Budapest my highest recommendation, and I will return to the hotel on my annual visits to this great city.

Room Tip: If you can secure a Danube River view room, the view is truly outstanding.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven P
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review in response to your most recent visit to Hilton Budapest.
How kind of you to take the time to acknowledging our beautiful setting and the professionalism of our staff.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and hopw we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 August 2014

What a terrific hotel in a wondrous location. They have done a marvelous job of combining the old Abbey structure with the "new". Make sure and go down to the wine bar several feet underground. This is where the Dominicans used to store wine. It;s now a quaint and unusual wine bar...must visit. You don't have to be a guest at the hotel to enjoy a glass of wine and some snacks.
Caution: Breakfast is pricey.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlecksteinMody
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and kind feedback.

It is great to hear that you have had a nice time here with us and the Faust Wine cellar left such a lasting impression. Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our expectations were exceeded by the friendly, courteous, helpful staff of the Budapest Hilton. Not once did any staff member not offer to help. They went out of their way to accommodate our requests. Will certainly stay there again if we come to Budapedt

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Gourmey
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for recommending Hilton Budapest on Tripadvisor! We hope to welcome you back again the next time you are in Budapest!

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic view tomthe city panarama (if you have a view to the river), nice large rooms and a very helpful staff. One could expect better breakast buffet in Hilton but overall impression very good. Hotel was probably build in 80s so if you like design ;-) of that time, go there to see it!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our Hilton Budapest to other travelers and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.