“Best hotel breakfast - ever!”

Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
Ranked #23 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for three nights for a city break weekend. The staff were excellent, the room quality also infallible. We had wonderful views across Pest from the 8th floor. It was a special weekend for my husband and I and the hotel kindly sent up a complimentary bottle of Champagne ten minutes after we arrived. The breakfast in their "Es" bistro was incredible. Such a fantastic range and of really great quality. Lovely staff too. The only thing that let this hotel down was the Blue Fox bar. We popped in for a couple of cocktails on our way out for dinner on the first evening. Nice ambience but very insipid drinks and rather expensive.... Otherwise no hesitation in recommending the Kempinski - great facilities and excellent location (although I suspect it wasn't cheap - my husband wouldn't let me see the bill!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to learn from your comments on TripAdvisor that you had a "best hotel breakfast ever" during your stay in Budapest at our hotel and that you had an overall positive impression of our hotel's facilities, as well as the service and attentiveness provided by our staff. Your comments have been well received and appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon and would like to assure you of our best attention to your future stays at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We thought the hotel was excellent - the room was spcious, modern and had a nice bathroom and view. Everything else in the hotel seemed up to date (e.g. quick, modern, quiet lifts), the gym and spa were small but well equipped, breakfast was really good (wide selection and felt more like a bistro than a hotel breakfast buffet sometimes does!). The location is good (nice and near all the sights and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Overall really good.

Room Tip: We had a room on the park side with a view - would recommend
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Guest,

Many thanks for your positive words on our hotel, services, facilities and location. Also great to read that you valued our breakfast at ÉS Bisztró and hope on your next visit you will explore the entire Gastronomic Quarter Downtown Budapest at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus . We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Budapest and its Kempinski soon.
with very best regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is first class in everything, and, for its serevices, modestly priced. Great location too. Only problem I could think of was lack of power outlets to charge all the communiccation devices one has to carry these days.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Impeccable service, great design and quality of each room make this a hotel to remember. Highly recommended. Great location in heart of the city, close walking distance to restaurants and shops. Travel time from airport to the hotel is about half an hour.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for honoring Kempinski Hotel Corvinus for your Budapest stay, sharing your experience about our "magnificent" hotel and for your kind recommendation and recognition. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you at our property soon, we remain
with kindest regards,
Your Kempinski Budapest Team

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I went for a business conference in Budapest, the hotel was selected by the organizers and I did not have too many expectations.
But as soon as I got to the hotel - what a lovely surprise !!!! the hotel is located centrally in the heart of Budapest, five minutes walk and you can enjoy lovely restaurants and of course if you have time - shopping .
The hotel facilities are very elegant, modern and yet keeps a European atmosphere. The staff is amazing; professional, helpful always looking to satisfied you with a smile. Breakfast was very good and in fact all the food that has been served was high quality, varied and very good.My room was amazing, large,modern and very comfortable, every night house keeping made my bed, it felt so good. I will defiantly come back to Kampinski for holiday and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the small park, suites are wonderful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anat100
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear valued Guest,

We gladly learned that we could contribute to making your Budapest business trip to a memorable great experience and that you enjoyed the European Flair. Many thanks for your praise on our location, facilities, staff attentiveness, your "amazing" room and the "high quality" Kempinski breakfast. Your words of appreciation have been very well received. Please count on our all Clefs d'Or concierge team to assist you with further exploring beautiful Budapest upon your next stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back with your family, friends and associates to Budapest and its Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest soon.

with kind regards,
Your Kempinski Budapest Team

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I decided to try this hotel after a previous trip to Budapest where I had stayed in some nearby serviced apartments and discovered that Nobu restaurant was here.

I have been to every Nobo location world wide and this was one of the best I had been in , so logically I thought that if i could judge the hotel by these standards then I would be in for a treat!!

HOW WRONG COULD I BE!!!

Arrived at the hotel to find that they had absolutely no record of my booking even though I had paid in full prior to arrival, after about an hour of being messed around and despite the print out that I had taken with me clearly showing my booking which was for a suite I was taken to a pokey dark corner of the hotel into a dirty dark cold room in an area that could only be described as 'somewhere in the basement'

Obviously this was not acceptable and I asked for the general manager, the room I was taken to was clearly NOT a suite and was set up as a twin. Not really acceptable for a birthday treat for my girlfriend!! The general manager was a very rude arrogant guy who despite admitting that the room was not a suite as booked insisted that this was the only room that was available.

I suggested that this was not a suitable arrangement and that I would be forced to try to find more suitable accommodation in the city. He apologised profusely but ultimately he agreed that this was the best solution available to me.

Then refused point blank to give me a refund!!!

In his words it was my decision not to stay in the hotel anymore and therefor I would not be entitled to my money back under these circumstances.

Obviously I was not over the moon with this decision so I asked to speak to a representative from head office, this person thankfully was a lot more helpful. Magically a suite did become available and magically I was taken to this room and therefor I could enjoy my stay in the hotel.

The room however was VERY disappointing, it was pretty small for a suite , the decoration was in desperate need of a revamp being last updated in maybe the 70's , this was further enhanced by the fact there was a 14" tube television propped up in the corner of the room!! I got to be honest I have never been to any other hotel in the noughts that did not have a plasma or LED placed on the wall!!! lmao

Overall this is certainly no more than a 1star experience with a brand name so I would avoid at all costs, there are much nicer places to visit in Budapest

I would however recommend trying Nobu if you like Japanese food!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Migelh66
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Good location and large room with seperate seating area and desk with well appointed generously sized bathroom. The public areas are attractive and welcoming but book in advance for Nobu because we missed out (although it was new year's eve). The room was kept spotless throughout our stay staff very willing to assist when asked. We stayed for a week over Christmas and new year and had easy access to the main pedestrian areas in the city with our room overlooking one of the main christmas markets. A very wide variety of shopping, bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walk and a good deal of the main attractions within distance for those who don't mind a slightly longer walk. The city is hugely enjoyable and, although very busy with tourists, the local people were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear valued Guest,

We very much appreciated your kind review and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for addressing our attractive public areas, well appointed rooms, our good location to explore the city and the Christmas market and the attentiveness of our staff. We regret to hear that you missed the NOBU experience and hope to welcome you back soon to share this culinary adventure with you soon.
Yours sincerely,