Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$250
US$259
US$192
US$167
  • Restaurant
Eurostars Budapest Center Hotel(Budapest)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$156
US$146
  • Room Service
1,947 results
All reviewstram stopbeautiful hotelpublic transportsparkling winebathroom doorjunior suitemodern roomsnew york cafejewish quarterbeautiful roomthe riverfifth floorhigh ceilingsstayed for nightsbreakfast buffetshower headwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was staying at the hotel last weekend ( 9-11th august ). And this was the best hotel I was staying in this year, a fantastic looking hotel from outside and of course from the inside too. This is one of the few hotels I'd say don't take the elevator to go to your rooms, but go upstairs by yourself, you will love this fantastic marble staircase, and have breakfast downstairs and then say wow to the glassroof in the breakfastroom. You won't be disapointed.
The staff also very friendly, the receptionist Barbara ( I think that was her name ) and her trainee ( sorry but you had no nametag, so I can't remember her name ) made us feel immediately welcome at the hotel, and gave us also some informations. They also tried to book us a table, but well it was weekend and we couldn't unfortunately get a table at the Zeller Bistro. But she gave us some other adresses, to have some local food. Try Hungaricum Bistro, well not a tip from the hotel, but we went there and the food was really good and a great bargain.
But let's talk now about the rooms. The rooms were not extremly big, but clean, they had also their special design to fit in to the hotel. The bed was really comfy.
The only negative point I have was the bathroom, or better the "shower". The bathroom was of course clean, we had room 318, so I don't know if every room has the same shower with bathtube. So you don't really have a shower. We had a bathtube with a water tap, and a shower head on it.But the hosepipe is way to short, when I was standing it went only as high as my navel. So you need to sit to take a shower, but I prefer standing in a shower. Maybe you should have installed a real shower instead of this bath tube.
And finally the location, the location is central, well maybe not central central, but Budapest is a good city to walk. It takes you only 10-15 minutes to get to the Market Hall, to the shopping street Váci utca or the chain bridge. Also the heroes Square is maybe only 20 minutes max. away. We walked also up to the Gellert Hill from the hotel. So no problem to visit the city on Shanks's pony from here.
Would I go back to the hotel, definitely. You can't go wrong with the hotel, good location, reasonable price, beautiful design hotel. Don't wait for it and book it , if you go to Budapest. And for Internetjunkies ;), they have free Wi-Fi. Something I miss in most hotels.
Oh and I even say the hotel is even better than the Sofitel next to the Chain Bridge, I would give the 5 Stars to the MGallery and not to the Sofitel !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timlux
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Timlux,

Thank you for taking the time and writing what probably is the most extensive review of our hotel on the internet! It is with great pride that I read your kind words referring to the service my colleagues provide. I will share it with the whole team of the hotel to serve as an encouragement for their efforts. I am sure it will be appreciated.
I hope there will be another chance to welcome you in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was the nicest hotel we stayed at during our 5 week trip in Europe. From the moment we arrived, the staff were very helpful and friendly, always making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The hotel has been restored to it's original state and it has an absolutely beautiful interior. The rooms are very modern and tastefully decorated with all the amenities you wood need. What you get for the price is unmatched anywhere else in Budapest. I can't wait to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank roberto r
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear roberto r,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I was very pleased to read that the quality of our services remained unmatched on a 5 week journey in Europe. I will pass this on to the team, as I am sure it will serve as a great encouragement to them all! I also hope that we will be able to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have stayed there for 3 night and very satisfied about everything.
Tips. If they offer you a breakfast promotion for 10 euro. Don't hesitate to grab it!
You may ask for sparkling wine foryour breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NNK_Nuchka
Reviewed 2 August 2013

A very nicely refurbished (last year) city hotel. Close to the hotspots of Budapest, so easy to get around.
THe room is not huge, but large enough, bathroom indeed not the biggest & everything is spic and span... bed is quite good as well.

Apart from that, the atmosphere breathes calm - which is quite nice... high ceilings, wide staircases and so forth - quite relaxed.

The breakfast buffet has plenty of choice - lots of types of bread, pastries, cheeses and so forth - and the food is just good!

All in all, especially for the price that it's marketed, one of the best in town imo

Room Tip: I was in a room on the backside... a bit away from the elevator, but VERY quiet, looking into the courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank XtopheDee

Dear XtopheDee,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am truly happy that you had such a nice experience in our hotel! Hope to see you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed twice over two weeks, first time three days, second four days. Thoroughly enjoyed both visits, room was excellent (406)! only complaint is for the hotel to suppy more than one cake of soap for the bathroom. Breakfast was very good, with hostess Dorina very helpfull.
A special mention is to the young man Baliut at the front door, always welcomes with a smile and did a great job assisting with train enquiries.
Hotel has train, tram and bus services at the front door, if you want to walk to the main part of town it will take approximately 20 minutes.
?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dragon402
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Dragon402,

Thank you very much for sharing your comment about your experiences. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay here both times.
I will pass on your positive words to Dorina and Balint, I am sure they are going to be pleased to read that their efforts are appreciated.

I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Nemzeti Budapest!

Kind regards,