Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Danubius Hotel Gellert(Budapest)
US$153
Elvoline
1,948 results
All reviewstram stopbeautiful hotelpublic transportsparkling winebathroom doorjunior suitemodern roomsnew york cafejewish quarterbeautiful roomthe riverfifth floorhigh ceilingsstayed for nightsbreakfast buffetshower headwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I’d booked my stay in this hotel a long way in advance, so far in fact that it had not opened yet following it’s reconstruction and refurbishment, so I wasn’t quite certain what to expect.

From the moment I walked through the doors I was impressed by every aspect of the hotel. The design inside works very well with the historic fabric of the building to create a sense of luxury, topped off by the very friendly and helpful staff.

Nothing appeared to be too much of a problem, and the staff clearly wanted to make guests feel completely at home from the people on reception, through the staff in the breakfast room and the bar staff.

I had a very comfortable room on the 2nd floor of the hotel which was spacious and well laid out.

Breakfast was excellent with an overwhelming choice of food.

Positives
Everything single thing

Negatives
None

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear TravellingTom78,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback! It is an honor to recieve such comments from someone who travels so much and stays in so many different hotels! I hope we will able to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Everything at this hotel was great on our vacation. Couldn't ask for anything more.
The staff was very helpful from before when we approached them by E-Mail and along the entire visit. The room was beautiful, a bit small but very well equipped and cheap. Amazing value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yair N

Dear Yair N.,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I hope we will see you again on your next visit to Budapest!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We arrived at this hotel after a long night train. We got there early morning and our room was already ready. For the price, this room was the best value for money we have had our entire stay in Europe. The bed was large and comfortable, the room was spacious, bathroom clean and modern, air conditioning worked well and free wifi! The staff were extremely helpful whenever we had a question and provided us with a welcome package with maps and attraction info. Metro and tram stops right outside which made it easy to get around city. The breakfast buffet had a great selection and would cater for everyone. Have recommended this hotel to friends!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda H
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Amanda H,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback you posted! We are all very grateful for it! I am very happy to read that the quality of the services you encountered, went beyond what you had expected! I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of August. We wanted a hotel with lots of character inside and out, and we weren't disappointed. The beautiful stained glass ceiling across the dining room and the ornate staircase were the best features and the whole interior is very light and airy. We only had breakfast here, but it was extensive (and anywhere that serves sparkling white wine for breakfast gets my vote!) The staff were very attentive and a good source of information for viewing the city. Being disabled, I particularly appreciated the lift and wet-room shower (I asked for this specifically as I think some of the bathrooms had baths with showers over them). The location is good, too: metro and tram stops right outside and it was just along the street from the New York Café. We were on the 3rd floor and experienced no disturbance from the metro. All in all, probably the loveliest hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Millie C

Dear Mille C,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback on your stay with us at Hotel Nemzeti! It was very reassuring to see that are goal in becoming a distinctive, unique little boutique hotel is clear and comes across to our guests! Special thanks for mentioning our dining room and staircase, it is a favorite for most of our guests.
I really hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was staying at the hotel last weekend ( 9-11th august ). And this was the best hotel I was staying in this year, a fantastic looking hotel from outside and of course from the inside too. This is one of the few hotels I'd say don't take the elevator to go to your rooms, but go upstairs by yourself, you will love this fantastic marble staircase, and have breakfast downstairs and then say wow to the glassroof in the breakfastroom. You won't be disapointed.
The staff also very friendly, the receptionist Barbara ( I think that was her name ) and her trainee ( sorry but you had no nametag, so I can't remember her name ) made us feel immediately welcome at the hotel, and gave us also some informations. They also tried to book us a table, but well it was weekend and we couldn't unfortunately get a table at the Zeller Bistro. But she gave us some other adresses, to have some local food. Try Hungaricum Bistro, well not a tip from the hotel, but we went there and the food was really good and a great bargain.
But let's talk now about the rooms. The rooms were not extremly big, but clean, they had also their special design to fit in to the hotel. The bed was really comfy.
The only negative point I have was the bathroom, or better the "shower". The bathroom was of course clean, we had room 318, so I don't know if every room has the same shower with bathtube. So you don't really have a shower. We had a bathtube with a water tap, and a shower head on it.But the hosepipe is way to short, when I was standing it went only as high as my navel. So you need to sit to take a shower, but I prefer standing in a shower. Maybe you should have installed a real shower instead of this bath tube.
And finally the location, the location is central, well maybe not central central, but Budapest is a good city to walk. It takes you only 10-15 minutes to get to the Market Hall, to the shopping street Váci utca or the chain bridge. Also the heroes Square is maybe only 20 minutes max. away. We walked also up to the Gellert Hill from the hotel. So no problem to visit the city on Shanks's pony from here.
Would I go back to the hotel, definitely. You can't go wrong with the hotel, good location, reasonable price, beautiful design hotel. Don't wait for it and book it , if you go to Budapest. And for Internetjunkies ;), they have free Wi-Fi. Something I miss in most hotels.
Oh and I even say the hotel is even better than the Sofitel next to the Chain Bridge, I would give the 5 Stars to the MGallery and not to the Sofitel !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timlux
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Timlux,

Thank you for taking the time and writing what probably is the most extensive review of our hotel on the internet! It is with great pride that I read your kind words referring to the service my colleagues provide. I will share it with the whole team of the hotel to serve as an encouragement for their efforts. I am sure it will be appreciated.
I hope there will be another chance to welcome you in the near future!