“Comfortable stay”

Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #12 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 31 October 2013

It was worth the money! Nice view and room with many convenient things for staying. The staff are friendly yet professional. Shopping centres are in the vicinity. Room condition was good except some noise from the air-con.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vetter_mary
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Vetter_Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was very happy to learn that you had an excellent stay with us! I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

First off, this hotel looks amazing. The rooms, restaurant, stairway, everything is luxurious. The breakfast is probably as good as you can get in Hungary.
However, a few things during our stay was not so good. During our stay in Budapest, it was really hot (over 20 C, not common in Oktober). That resulted in an incredible hot room, even with the windows open. It didn't really help that the blanket was for winter use. We asked the receptionist if it was possible to turn the air-condition on, but that was only possible from April to September. I don't really see the problem with turning on the air-condition when it's that warm outside.
Anyway, since we were forced to sleep with the windows open, we met another problem: noise! The street just outside the hotel is busy, all the time. I swear, there was an ambulance every two minutes or so the entire night.
Another problem was that the WiFi didn't work in our floor. We told the receptionist the first night, and the third night. On the fifth morning the Wifi still didn't work!

However, all in all this is a great hotel, and we enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank Jon Tufte N
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear John Tufte N,

Thank you for takong the time to write a review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was glad to learn how much you enjoyed the design of the hotel and our delicious breakfast. Allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have to admit that it is very hard to meet all of our guests level of comfort in room temperature. We do have a two-way system that will either heat or cool, depending on the time of the year and the temperature outside. Like you were saying, it was unusually warm during the day for that time of the year, however during the night the temperature did drop below 15 degrees celsius, when most of our guests prefer that we don't have cooling in the hotel. We do have fans available for those whose preference is different from the average. I am sorry we were not aware of this problem during the stay, so we could have provided you with one.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend. The location is less than 10 minutes walk from the main tourist areas near to thde river and the basilica but this suited us fine as we enjoyed walking and exploring outside of the touristic parts.

The room had a large bed, lovely decoration and was impeccable. The only small downside for the room was the slightly small bathroom which I would have expected to be bigger in a four star hotel.

The breakfast was fantastic and I would try to get a deal including it if you can. A large buffet covering hot and cold foods with a wide selection kept us well sustained for sightseeing!

Although all the staff were very nice, the staff working on the Monday seemed to be incredibly friendly and helpful compared to the ones working at the weekend.

We really couldn't fault this hotel and with a great booking deal it was superb value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Kashym

Dear Kashym,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am very glad that the experience you had, met your expectations.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

M Gallery Nemzeti is in a big fancy building. The style is beautiful with white textured walls and beautiful floor. We got a good response, with high levels of service from all staff. A fantastic breakfast waiting in the morning. The only negative was that the air conditioning was not working optimally, making the nights warm. Big plus for Eszter in the hotel lobby.

Dear Mr. Borjesson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the high level of service my colleagues provided during your stay. To answer your concern abou the air conditioning, I have to admit that it is very hard to meet all of our guests level of comfort in room temperature. We have a central system, that either heats, or cools (with a chance of optimizing in individual guest rooms) depending on the time of the year, and the temperature outside. Most of our guests find it more comfortable, when we put the heating on when it gets below 15 degrees celsius outside. So we have to adapt to the prefernece of the majority. Unfortunately this means that we will not be able to meet everybody's taste. Once again, I apologize for this. We do have fans and little heaters for those guests whose preference in temperature differs from the average.
I do hope that we will be able to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Only one night this time while laying over for a flight. The hotel is about 30 minutes away from the airport, (25€ taxi/10€ shuttle) However, it is well worth the taxi fare to stay there. Nemzeti has the best service I have found in Europe. This time we stayed in a wonderfully appointed suite that included 2 TVs with inputs for media incl. hdmi. Tv has 2 eng channels but the media interface made up for it. beds are so comfortable That I wish I had 1 at home. PERFECT location to hit every major transit line. our 3:30 a.m. Wakeup call and ride to the airport went perfect. Ensuring that we could relax and not stress midst of an intercontinental transfer. We refused an offer made by our overbooked airline; that asked us to go to AMS for free w/room. But we still chose to stay at nemzeti. That in itself should say enough for any review. nemzeti delivers on every level. The breakfast is one of the best in Budapest and far better than the nearby New York Cafe which is world famous. The room has a gourmet coffee and a electric T kettle plus fully stocked minibar. They have even have international Chargers u can borrow. Top linens, slippers/robes and wonderful overnight kits. We have stayed there close to 10 times. Management, housekeeping and doorman always have a warm welcoming smile and friendly demeanor. Thanx again Nemzeti for the wonderful night.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Argh_Tee
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear RobbTaylor777,

Thank you som much for these kind words once again! I am so happy that we can be your home away from home on your trips to Budapest. It is our pleasure to see you back again and again!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been to Budapest numerous times and I always stick at the same hotel in central Budapest. Unfortunately this time that hotel was fully booked with tour tourists so I had to search for an alternative.
After some research online I came by a brand new hotel called Nemzeti which is a member of Accor’s MGallery hotel selection. Due to excellent reviews online and a terribly good rate I booked the hotel for my three night stay.

Some days prior to our stay I emailed the hotel for some transport and rate information. I received a kind and prompt reply from Mr. Richard of the Reservation department. I have to say I received very detailed and informative emails from the hotel, this is all I needed to know.
I then also arranged an airport pick up via the hotel as on previous trips, taxi drivers in Budapest rip tourists off. The hotel offered a pick up for 9.900 HUF and 7.900 HUF for drop off which seemed extremely reasonable for a luxurious Mercedes car.

Our flight landed 20 minutes early and luggage delivery was prompt. Despite us being early our driver, Mr. Lesley was already waiting with a chique sign with my name on it. He offered to take our luggage and asked us to wait in front of the terminal while he could pick up the car. Some minutes the Mercedes arrived and we were on our way to the hotel. The drive took approximately 25 minutes.

Upon arrival at the hotel the friendly porter, Mr. Balint took care of our luggage and escorted us to the open reception for check in. I was very impressed of both the exterior and interior of the hotel. In the evening the old exterior has beautiful lighting shining on it which makes it even more beautiful.
The building itself is quite old but everything has been properly renovated and in the modern décor, the old tones have been kept which was simply stunning.

Ms. Barbara checked us in quickly and informed us that because of my Platinum Accor status our room has been upgraded to one of their Junior Suites on the third floor. She also provided us with a welcome drink voucher and a prepared envelope with brochures, info and a map of Budapest.

Ms. Barbara was extremely kind and helpful during the entire stay. At check in we were also offered a breakfast at a reduced rate as it was not included in ours. We kindly had to decline as we already had planned some heavy lunches and dinners.

Mr. Balint escorted us to our room which was located just behind the stunning staircase on the 3rd floor. Our Junior Suite had a view on the quiet courtyard and consisted of a separate living area with a comfortable sofa bed, fully equipped desk, LCD TV and a stocked mini bar. One day later I was told soft drinks from the mini bar are free of charge for Platinum Members.

The bathroom was modern and roomy and had a large rain shower, sink and of course a toilet. The toiletries were of a very good quality and refreshed daily.

Further was the bedroom with large King sized bed, another TV and plenty of closets. The room itself had two separate air conditioning units and high ceilings. During our stay we have put our air conditioning on 5 degrees C and even that was a bit too hot for us so we just opened a window.

The room itself was very modern and had everything guests need. High Speed WiFi connection in our room worked perfectly.

In the evening around 17:30 turn down service is provided. In my opinion this is a bit too early and because of this we had to request extra towels in the morning.

Next day I the Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Zoltan welcomed us personally to the hotel and asked my first opinion of the hotel. We had an enjoyable talk and told him I was positively surprised as the hotel opened just months ago and today the hotel feels like it runs like a famous five star hotel.

On the day of check out I requested a taxi to the airport at 15:00 and a late checkout was also granted.

The hotel is not located in the old city center but is actually just 15 minutes walking away from the main shopping street and Vorosmarty Ter where a lot of restaurants and cafes are located. The hotel provides good and reliable taxi which will not rip you off and all use metered fares.

Overall we really enjoyed staying in this new hotel and thing it has probably the best value for Budapest. All staff members are extremely friendly and helpful and really take care of their guests. The hotel itself is stunning with beautiful exterior and public areas. Really worth staying here and will definitely stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet