“So comfy I didn't want to leave the room”

Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #13 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This place is great! The staff is super helpful and friendly help with any and everyone of our needs. The sauna was a big plus as well. only thing was they only had one English speaking station and it was BBC great for a bit but would have liked another option.

Room Tip: rooms either face the street or a center courtyard like area that sounds can get trapped and listeni...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dremolitor
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear dremolitor,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Hotel Nemzeti. It was with pleasure that I read that you were so satisfied with the services you recieved, and the comfort of your bed! Thank you for the advice on the TV channels, we will take it into consideration.
I hope to see you back soon!

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Lovely people and a lovely hotel in a splendid old building.

I stayed with my 8 year old daughter and the staff were fantastic with her. It is clear it is part of the Hungarian national trait that they have a very natural affinity with children and enjoy interacting with them. The food and accommodation was very good and the advice and information is on hand from the staff should you need it.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank andrewjackson1231231

Dear Andrewjackson1231231,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was very glad to read that you and your daughter took home very nice Memories of your trip to Budapest, and even more so, that my colleagues were able to add to it, with their hospitality! I hope we will see you back soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel had everything a traveller is looking for: comfortable, clean room in a beautiful hotel; friendly helpful staff (especially Ezsther) who can arrange tours or help with any problems that arise, fabulous breakfast and dinner menu; great location. We were sad to leave. Only minor negative point was limited English TV. Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
5  Thank Tracy B
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Tracy B,

I would like to thank you for writing a review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am very happy that you chose our hotel for staying in Budapest and even happier to see that you were staisfied with our services! I will pass your appraisal on to Esther and all of my colleagues in the hotel.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It was worth the money! Nice view and room with many convenient things for staying. The staff are friendly yet professional. Shopping centres are in the vicinity. Room condition was good except some noise from the air-con.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vetter_mary

Dear Vetter_Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was very happy to learn that you had an excellent stay with us! I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

First off, this hotel looks amazing. The rooms, restaurant, stairway, everything is luxurious. The breakfast is probably as good as you can get in Hungary.
However, a few things during our stay was not so good. During our stay in Budapest, it was really hot (over 20 C, not common in Oktober). That resulted in an incredible hot room, even with the windows open. It didn't really help that the blanket was for winter use. We asked the receptionist if it was possible to turn the air-condition on, but that was only possible from April to September. I don't really see the problem with turning on the air-condition when it's that warm outside.
Anyway, since we were forced to sleep with the windows open, we met another problem: noise! The street just outside the hotel is busy, all the time. I swear, there was an ambulance every two minutes or so the entire night.
Another problem was that the WiFi didn't work in our floor. We told the receptionist the first night, and the third night. On the fifth morning the Wifi still didn't work!

However, all in all this is a great hotel, and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon Tufte N
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear John Tufte N,

Thank you for takong the time to write a review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was glad to learn how much you enjoyed the design of the hotel and our delicious breakfast. Allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have to admit that it is very hard to meet all of our guests level of comfort in room temperature. We do have a two-way system that will either heat or cool, depending on the time of the year and the temperature outside. Like you were saying, it was unusually warm during the day for that time of the year, however during the night the temperature did drop below 15 degrees celsius, when most of our guests prefer that we don't have cooling in the hotel. We do have fans available for those whose preference is different from the average. I am sorry we were not aware of this problem during the stay, so we could have provided you with one.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend. The location is less than 10 minutes walk from the main tourist areas near to thde river and the basilica but this suited us fine as we enjoyed walking and exploring outside of the touristic parts.

The room had a large bed, lovely decoration and was impeccable. The only small downside for the room was the slightly small bathroom which I would have expected to be bigger in a four star hotel.

The breakfast was fantastic and I would try to get a deal including it if you can. A large buffet covering hot and cold foods with a wide selection kept us well sustained for sightseeing!

Although all the staff were very nice, the staff working on the Monday seemed to be incredibly friendly and helpful compared to the ones working at the weekend.

We really couldn't fault this hotel and with a great booking deal it was superb value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Kashym

Dear Kashym,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am very glad that the experience you had, met your expectations.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

M Gallery Nemzeti is in a big fancy building. The style is beautiful with white textured walls and beautiful floor. We got a good response, with high levels of service from all staff. A fantastic breakfast waiting in the morning. The only negative was that the air conditioning was not working optimally, making the nights warm. Big plus for Eszter in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Borjesson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the high level of service my colleagues provided during your stay. To answer your concern abou the air conditioning, I have to admit that it is very hard to meet all of our guests level of comfort in room temperature. We have a central system, that either heats, or cools (with a chance of optimizing in individual guest rooms) depending on the time of the year, and the temperature outside. Most of our guests find it more comfortable, when we put the heating on when it gets below 15 degrees celsius outside. So we have to adapt to the prefernece of the majority. Unfortunately this means that we will not be able to meet everybody's taste. Once again, I apologize for this. We do have fans and little heaters for those guests whose preference in temperature differs from the average.
I do hope that we will be able to see you back in the hotel in the near future.