“Great value and very close to tram and metro” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel

Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #10 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great value and very close to tram and metro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and booked our room at Hotel Nemzeti after reading several positive trip adviser reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel is not located in the most beautiful part of town, but I never felt imperiled.The rooms were quite comfortable and large by European standards. The breakfast was easily the best free breakfast that I have ever had, complete with complimentary champagne. The best part about the hotel though was it's price, only $70ish per night, and its proximity to the tram and metro. One only has to cross the street for both. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam T
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Adam T,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay the Hotel NEmzeti and that you were able to make the best of our offer! I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I'll try to sum things up:

location:in the heart of the city: tram.buses and metro station 10-15 meters from the hotel entrance,lots of restaurants,bars,shops,supermarkets very comfortable access to attractions.

hotel breakfast: AWESOME! really elegant, good verity of fruits, cereal, selection of breads, coffee,fruit juices,eggs, cheeses and so on...

room: very comfi bed, nice size, bathroom had some cool gadgets like otion to put music frome the tv and hear it while showering, the mirror had a defroster.
cons: The design of the room was not exactly my taste[but it's my personal opinion ],the room color was a bit too dark for a country cold like Hungary, the air conditioner [for heating] was a little noisy

Overall one of the best hotels i'v stayed, the stuff have a very high service orientation, the design of the hotel itself and dining room were stunning, pleasant atmosphere, attention to the smallest details and excellent location-RECOMMENDED!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
AnnR2,

I was so happy to have read your kind words! Thank you so much for the review and the recommendation. I hope you will return to us soon!

Kemnath, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just got home yesterday from a 2 night stay at this wonderful hotel. It is a little off the beaten path from downtown but not far. Within walking distance or take a cab down to the city center. The hotel is so beautiful, the details are a very nice touch. Comfortable rooms, smaller than I'd like but enough room for my husband and I. The bathroom is fine, smaller but the desk in the room makes up for the lack of counter space in the bathroom. The bedding was very soft and the beds comfortable. The only downside of the room for us was being on the first level, we could hear everyone walking around during the evenings in addition to the toilet having a gurgling noise every time something happened upstairs I think? We were hardly in our room so we didn't care to change it, but I let them know at check out. Reception was very nice, they were very helpful and took our American credit cards which was a bonus. Breakfast was decent, something for everyone. All in all we would stay again.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor, can hear people up stairs.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jessica A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was very happy to read that you had such a nice time in our hotel, especially through the little distractions, for which I am very sorry. We are going to check on that gurgling sound that you experienced.
Once again, thank you for the stay and the review! I hope to see you back soon!

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here weekend of 22nd Nov 2013. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly and professional bellboy who took our cases and showed us to reception whereupon we were further greeted with another warm welcome by concierge Zoltan. Check-in was quick and efficient, just as you want it to be and we were also invited to a wine tasting in the hotel bar later that day. Interior of the hotel is very impressive; chic, elegant and sophisticated - staircase fantastic. We stayed in a Superior room which was wonderful - modern decor, huge bed with comfortable bedding, spacious bathroom, nice toiletries. bathrobes and slippers etc, all the lovely little touches that make the stay feel special. Breakfast was an elegant affair with a great choice of hot and cold buffet items enjoyed with a soundtrack of jazz music in the background. Location is fabulous! Shops literally outside plus the famous ruin pubs and plenty of restaurants and eateries in the immediate vicinity. Easy 25min walk down the main boulevard to the river and attractions around the Vaci Utca. Hop-on bus stop within 5mins from hotel as well as metro stop and plenty of main bus routes. This hotel and its staff certainly ticks all the boxes and mad our first trip to this magical city really special - thank you Nemzeti, we will be back again! :)

1 Thank Gina Z
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Gina Z,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! I was so happy to read your kind and praising words of your experience, which I will most certainly share with the rest of the team! I really hope that we will have a chance to see you back again inthe not too distant future!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We arrived at Keleti railway station near to 9 pm. We did not have a single cent in HUF with us. Money changers offer ridiculous rate over there. So we exited from the main entrance of the railway station and turned left, walked to the corner and went down to the subway line M2. We bought a 24 hours travel pass at 1650 HUF each using credit card and went down the tube to head towards Keli Pu. The hotel is just 1 station away and we got off at Blaha Lujza square. We took the exit up the square and the hotel was just right in front. It was so easy to find the hotel.

Front desk staff was already expecting us and check in took less than 5 minutes. Welcome drinks vouchers were given to us Accor members. The hotel is more than lovely, Opulence would be a proper description. Room was great and bed fantastic. Bathroom features are of good quality. This is the best hotel we had stayed throughout our Europe tour this time.

Location of this hotel is just perfect with the metro at door step and tram and bus stops right across the road. Wifi is free and TV programs plenty but only 1 English news channel.

Breakfast was very good and while having breakfast, Dorina kept us up to date about Budapest and was like a friend to us. Customer service at this hotel was simply excellent!

And at 53 euro per night and breakfast another 10 euro per person, what more could we ask for from Hotel Nemzeti Budapest! Over here we had the best start to our Europe tour.

3 Thank TJX05
Dear TJX05,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. It was with great pleasure that I have read what a great time you had in Budapest and in our Hotel! I will certainly share your kind words with the rest of the team and give your regards to Dorina, as I am sure this review will serve as an encouragement for them all.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very elegant and stylish hotel, with the most wonderful marble staircase, but fabulously modern rooms. Triple glazed windows so that although you're right in the centre of things, you can shut out the noise! Excellent service. We arrived at 1:30am, and the receptionist was as bright as a button and couldn't have been more helpful.
Extremely good breakfast.

1 Thank Cate F
Dear Cate F,

Thank you so much for your praising words! I am very happy that your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti made such an impression, especially the staricase and the modern rooms. I was also delighted to read that the level of service provided by my colleagues was not only exceptional, but also consistent throughout the day, even during the night shift. Although this is a basic requirement, I will share your comments with them to serve as an encouregemnt in their future efforts.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another visit!
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have Stayed at This hotel twice now in the last six months and have nothing but praise for the staff and hotel. The rooms are spotless, the beds are great,the breakfast is probably one of the best i have had at any hotel in Europe.The Public areas of the hotel are beautiful with a great mix of modern and classic.
The hotel is in a very good location for getting around Budapest with a metro Station just outside the door and also trams stopping out the front.
Finally the staff here are amazing! You can see that they are very well trained and highly motivated. Nothing is too much trouble.
Really looking forward to my next Visit to the Hotel Nemzeti in January when i will be bringing a friend who has not stayed at the hotel before. I'm very confident that he will be impressed with the place just like me!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank StuMcD75
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear StuMcD75,

First of all, allow me to thank you for taking the time to write this review,and most of all thank you for making Hotel Nemzeti your hotel of choice for Budapest visits!
I will most certainly pass on your comments to the staff to encourage them in their "amazing" efforts!
We are also looking forward to seeing you and your friend back in January, I hope that stay will be just as perfect as the previous ones!