“Simple, beautiful!!”

Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #12 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“Simple, beautiful!!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here on a short break from the 1st-5th December and cannot fault the hotel. It was beautifully finished and felt very luxurious. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculate upon our arrival and every evening when we returned to our room after a full day sightseeing. The staff were very pleasant and helpful all the time we were there and their English was great. I can't comment on the food at the hotel as we were staying on a room only basis but the location is quite central with the main area for bars and restaurants being approximately 15 minutes walk away. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and would happily visit again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne B
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Joanne B,

Thank you for taking the time to give a feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was happy to read that the quality of the service you experienced, exceeded your expectations. A special thank you for your comments on housekeeping! I hope to see you back soon!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great hotel, friendly staff and close to transport - all been said before but have to agree. Very comfy beds and although the bathroom is small (also said before) it is not tiny and is very well equipped, particularly liked the walk in shower. Breakfast is great value, the range is huge although on our last day we did struggle to get something hot - maybe we were a little late. Even sampled the sparkling wine one morning - nice touch. If you like refreshments in stunning (and not expensive) surroundings try the Book Cafe - Lotz terem on Andrassy

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindylou5390
Dear Lindylou,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I was really happy to read that you appreciated the walk--in-shower and the sparkling wine we offer for breakfast. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back!

Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

First impressions were good, prior to travelling I contacted the hotel to ask the best way to get there and was given precise instructions for public transport from airport. The hotel was across the street from the tram stop and really easy to find. Check in staff really friendly and helpful as were all other staff during our stay.
Really reasonably priced hotel and we had a lovely room.
Good choice at breakfast time from cereals, lovely breads, hot food, salads (?!) etc......
REALLY comfortable beds.
About a 20 minute walk to the Danube or quicker on a bus/metro. Plenty of places to eat and drink nearby with really reasonable prices.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Budapest.

1 Thank MegW
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear MegW,

I was very happy to read, what a nice time you had in our hotel! Thank you for the comments on the staff, the breakfast, the bed and the transportation! I am glad that you were able to discover some nice places around the hotel as well! I hope to see you back soon!

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and booked our room at Hotel Nemzeti after reading several positive trip adviser reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel is not located in the most beautiful part of town, but I never felt imperiled.The rooms were quite comfortable and large by European standards. The breakfast was easily the best free breakfast that I have ever had, complete with complimentary champagne. The best part about the hotel though was it's price, only $70ish per night, and its proximity to the tram and metro. One only has to cross the street for both. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam T
Dear Adam T,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay the Hotel NEmzeti and that you were able to make the best of our offer! I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I'll try to sum things up:

location:in the heart of the city: tram.buses and metro station 10-15 meters from the hotel entrance,lots of restaurants,bars,shops,supermarkets very comfortable access to attractions.

hotel breakfast: AWESOME! really elegant, good verity of fruits, cereal, selection of breads, coffee,fruit juices,eggs, cheeses and so on...

room: very comfi bed, nice size, bathroom had some cool gadgets like otion to put music frome the tv and hear it while showering, the mirror had a defroster.
cons: The design of the room was not exactly my taste[but it's my personal opinion ],the room color was a bit too dark for a country cold like Hungary, the air conditioner [for heating] was a little noisy

Overall one of the best hotels i'v stayed, the stuff have a very high service orientation, the design of the hotel itself and dining room were stunning, pleasant atmosphere, attention to the smallest details and excellent location-RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
AnnR2,

I was so happy to have read your kind words! Thank you so much for the review and the recommendation. I hope you will return to us soon!

Kemnath, Germany
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just got home yesterday from a 2 night stay at this wonderful hotel. It is a little off the beaten path from downtown but not far. Within walking distance or take a cab down to the city center. The hotel is so beautiful, the details are a very nice touch. Comfortable rooms, smaller than I'd like but enough room for my husband and I. The bathroom is fine, smaller but the desk in the room makes up for the lack of counter space in the bathroom. The bedding was very soft and the beds comfortable. The only downside of the room for us was being on the first level, we could hear everyone walking around during the evenings in addition to the toilet having a gurgling noise every time something happened upstairs I think? We were hardly in our room so we didn't care to change it, but I let them know at check out. Reception was very nice, they were very helpful and took our American credit cards which was a bonus. Breakfast was decent, something for everyone. All in all we would stay again.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor, can hear people up stairs.
Dear Jessica A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was very happy to read that you had such a nice time in our hotel, especially through the little distractions, for which I am very sorry. We are going to check on that gurgling sound that you experienced.
Once again, thank you for the stay and the review! I hope to see you back soon!

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here weekend of 22nd Nov 2013. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly and professional bellboy who took our cases and showed us to reception whereupon we were further greeted with another warm welcome by concierge Zoltan. Check-in was quick and efficient, just as you want it to be and we were also invited to a wine tasting in the hotel bar later that day. Interior of the hotel is very impressive; chic, elegant and sophisticated - staircase fantastic. We stayed in a Superior room which was wonderful - modern decor, huge bed with comfortable bedding, spacious bathroom, nice toiletries. bathrobes and slippers etc, all the lovely little touches that make the stay feel special. Breakfast was an elegant affair with a great choice of hot and cold buffet items enjoyed with a soundtrack of jazz music in the background. Location is fabulous! Shops literally outside plus the famous ruin pubs and plenty of restaurants and eateries in the immediate vicinity. Easy 25min walk down the main boulevard to the river and attractions around the Vaci Utca. Hop-on bus stop within 5mins from hotel as well as metro stop and plenty of main bus routes. This hotel and its staff certainly ticks all the boxes and mad our first trip to this magical city really special - thank you Nemzeti, we will be back again! :)

1 Thank Gina Z
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Gina Z,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! I was so happy to read your kind and praising words of your experience, which I will most certainly share with the rest of the team! I really hope that we will have a chance to see you back again inthe not too distant future!