“Business or pleasure. You won't be disappointed”

Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #12 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Business or pleasure. You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a find and amazing value for money. To be honest it's really difficult to fault and I am trying too but no.. I just can't.
Okay the restaurant in the evening is average for a big city, although perfectly acceptable when you first arrive, but that's not what it's about. The building, the rooms, the breakfast and the staff are absolutely first class. Why take the lift to your room when you can walk up the wonderful staircase and enjoy architecture. The attention detail is just right. Unpretentious and tasteful. Even the quality sound system in the breakfast room hits the spot. Will be staying again.
Thanks everyone

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank alfie054
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear alfie054,

I was very happy to read how satisfied you were with your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! Thank you for taking the time to write the review, I really hope that we will stand the test of time and provide an impeccable service the next time you visit us!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I am currently celebrating my 50th birthday with my wife in fabulous Budapest.We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by very attentive and friendly hotel staff who without request upgraded us to a suite. A good start.
The hotel is centrally located with a Metro and tram stops seconds from the door. The design is tasteful and spacious.
The staff are the jewel though, very helpful, friendly and attentive. They also know a great deal about where to go and how to get there which is a real asset when you are a first time visitor..

Room Tip: Being central means traffic, get a room at the back of the hotel which has a great view and on the 2...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffbeckDorset
Dear jeffbeckDorset,

First of all, allow me to congratulate you on your 50th birthday, and of course thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay! I am very happy that we were able to add something special and memorable to the celebration of this milestone in your life! I hope we will be able to welcome you back for many years to come!

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel is really fantastic. Not a 5 star property, but so kind and cute front office staff, great rooms, very nice beds, location just steps away from the underground station. Breakfast could be better. Good price/quality ratio. There are also a lot of nice restaurants nearby !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TomekWu
Dear TomekWu,

Thank you very much for the kind words in the review! I was very happy to read how fantastic your stay was, especially as it was the second time you visited us, and the quality was constant! I will make sure to pass on your words to my colleagues in the front office, I am sure it will encourage them in their future efforts.
I hope we will see you again for your next visit to Budapest!

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was our first trip to Budapest so we decided to splash out a little and booked a junior suite.
This turned out to be a great desicion. The staff are very friendly and helpful with everyone speaking english.
The suite was fab, very warm and comfertable with lots of room. Great bed.
Great choice for breakfast and the food was top class. thanks to all the staff for a brilliant weekend.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inner courtyard and you won't hear any noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichieBoland
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear RichieBoland,

I was very happy to read how much you loved your stay with us! Thank you for the kind words and for trying all of our services! Congratulations on your choice of room! The junior suites are indeed spacious rooms! I hope you will have a chance to return to us in the near future!

Zoltan Kerekgyarto

Rooms Division Manager
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had a very pleasant one night stay here on a freezing cold January night in 2014. The hotel was built at the end of the nineteenth century and was once one of the finest hotels in Budapest. Sympathetically restored by the Accor Group, the Nemzeti is once again a very grand-looking hotel but with the fussier elements pared-back to give a less stuffy contemporary style.

A wonderful grand staircase with the original wrought iron balustrades provides access to all floors of the hotel [there is also a lift] and a spectacular dining room [with its newly-renovated stained glass roof] serves a delicious breakfast and an exceptionally good value three course lunch for about ten quid.

The staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are modern with walk-in stall showers [rain & hose fitting] and complementary robes and slippers are provided for guests. Each room also has a flat-screen TV, tea & coffee making facilities, free bottled water and an in-room safe. The décor is modern and well finished.

The location of the hotel is excellent for public transport. The Blaha Lujza ter tram stop is directly in front of the hotel, as is the Metro stop of the same name and numerous buses stop in the Rackoczi utca alongside the hotel making the whole city easily accessible in just a few minutes. I was also able to use my 24hr public transport ticket [a steal at around £4.50 and not to be confused with the 24hr City Card] to get to and from the airport in less than an hour using bus, metro & tram.

I can honestly say that this is one of the best value hotels I have ever stayed in and I thoroughly enjoyed my brief visit and I hope to stay here again in the not too distant future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank logrundy
Dear logrundy,

Thank you so much for this extensive review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! It seems that you were able to make the most out of your 1 night stay in Budapest and use all of our facilities and go out to discover the city. I am very happy that you were so satisfied with all the services and features of the hotel. I hope we will be able to welcome you for a longer stay next time around!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had a wonderful weekend at Hotel Nemzeti. We came early to the hotel but an early check-in was no problem. The lady at check-in informed us that the sofa in our Junior Suite was converted in a bed for my friend, which was a nice touch. The room was really nice and very clean. The hotel is located next to the metro but almost everything is in walking distance. When we came back from our dinner in Budapest we found a box of chocolates and a letter from the manager in the room which I really liked. The breakfast was very good and the service top notch. We also enjoyed the sauna. The only problem was we had to go home on sunday because we really wanted to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeroen V
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Jeroen V,

I am so happy that you were able to find the best hotel experience at the Hotel Nemzeti! I hope that we will able to match this experience on your next visit!