Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
US$119
US$77
US$75
  • Breakfast included
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$116
US$104
1,965 results
All reviewstram stopbeautiful hotelpublic transportsparkling winebathroom doorjunior suitemodern roomsnew york cafejewish quarterbeautiful roomthe riverfifth floorhigh ceilingsstayed for nightsbreakfast buffetshower headwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 20 May 2014

a lovely hotel and I can't wait to visit again! Hard to fault the place. The décor was stunning - walking into the hotel has a real wow factor. The rooms were stylish and comfortable - I'm glad we asked for a room at the back overlooking a quiet courtyard as the front of the hotel overlooks a busy square. We were in two minds about booking breakfast but can thoroughly recommend it - virtually anything you wanted with delicious local produce e.g. bread, plum jam. The receptionist promised us champagne and caviar for breakfast if we wanted it! The breakfast room is stunning with a beautiful stained glass atrium. The staff were delightful and reflected the general friendliness and helpfulness of the city's populace. The hotel is near the Jewish quarter and some great "ruin" bars for a lovely relaxed night out under the stars.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back for a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank welshwonderoldham
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear welshwonderoldham ,

Thank you so much for this wonderful reviewI I was very happy to read, that You had such a nice time at the Hotel Nemzeti! Thank you for trying our breakfast - I am really glad that it was such a positive surprise! I hope to see You back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here in April. Great location, right above a metro station and 15 minute walk to the river. Rooms were well presented and maintained as was the rest if the hotel which was a beautiful old building. Staff were friendly and breakfast was great. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca P

Dear Rebecca P,

Thank you very much for the kind review and the recommendation! I was very happy to read that You had such a nice time in our hotel. I hope You will have a chance to return to us soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Superb hotel, clean, modern, great location and very helpful and pleasant staff. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Situated on Blaha Luiz Square within working distance of key attractions and nightlife.
The rooms were contemporary, modern, clean.
Staff went out their way to help you, the service rates amongst the best hotels I've stayed in.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nik_Shoker

Dear Nik_Shoker

I really appreciate Your comments and the recommendation. Thank youI I hope we will be able to welcome You back soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A group of 6 of us have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel and there is absolutely nothing that we could fault. The rooms were spotlessly clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable and the bathroom had an excellent shower and everything else you could possibly need. The breakfast was extremely good with a superb choice. The position of the hotel is good too as there is a metro station just a minutes walk up the road and trams immediately outside so getting around the city is extremely easy.
However, what really makes this hotel such a good place to stay is the staff, all of whom are absolutely wonderful. The people on reception were SO helpful and utterly charming. They went out of their way to do things I wouldn't expect; for instance, we were going to the opera and they printed out a synopsis for us so that we would have some idea of the storyline before we went. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Budapest but the hotel staff definitely made it extra special.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and would definitely stay there again should I return to Budapest at any time.

Room Tip: We had rooms which faced into a sort of courtyard which were extremely quiet as they were away from the road. However, the windows were extremely well double glazed so I imagine that even the ones overlooking the road wouldn't be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank gadab0utgirl
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear gadabutgirl,

It was a real pleasure to host the six of You in our hote, and I am very happy to read that You enjoyed Your time with us so much! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and thank you for the kind words! I will make sure to share Your comments with the rest of the team. It will be very reassuring for them to learn that their efforts are appreciated. Looking fofrward to wlecoming You back for Your next trip to Budapest!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have to admit, that Hotel Nemzeti is one of my favourite hotels, and definitely my first choice whenever I am staying in Budapest.

The location is good, one underground station just around the corner, the other in five minutes walk. Also stops for main bus lines and a main tram lines just in front of the hotel.

The turn of the century building is beautifully renovated, but the rooms and public areas are not lacking the comfort and style of a modern hotel. Everything is immaculately clean, in the sound-insulated room you can have a perfect night sleep. You have everything you need in the room, I was just missing the iron, but I could ask for it from the reception.

It is a well-staffed hotel, there is even a guy who escorts the guests to the room. Every single member of the staff is very friendly, however they should not be shocked to speak Hungarian.

I have already recommended this hotel to my colleagues, who took my advise and stayed here, and really liked this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cobachka
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Cobachka,

I was very happy to read that we are Your home, away from home whenever You are in Budapest! Thank you for this review and the recommendation! We are looking forward to Your next visit, I hope the experience will be just as excellent as before!