Radio Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
  • Bar/Lounge
US$232
US$224
  • Room Service
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$138
US$124
Agoda.com
US$137
US$114
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2008

I spent many hours trawling the internet looking for recommendations for a well located, within my meagre budget, but good quality hotel in Budapest. Time and time again the Radio Inn came up as the best place to go.
It is easy to see why. For as little as £30 a night, you get a one bedroom aprtment (large) with twin beds, a separate changing area, bathroom, toilet, kitchen and drying room (at least in room 405).

Good:
Quiet area but just a stone throw to the metro (Bajza Utca), 5 minutes to Heroes Square/Museum of Fine Arts (12 mins to the baths/zoo). Or 20 to 25 minutes walking to the centre of Pest. There is a shop about 300 yards down the road to the right as you come out of the hotel - no need to eat out every night when you have a kitchen!
All the staff speak English.
Rooms sizeable and clean.
Courtyard design to hotel which is unique and actually quite unique to look at.

Bad:
I went in a cold wet January for five nights so the hotel was nice and warm - it lacks air con so I would imagine a summer heatwave would prove a tad inconvenient.
Ok, so the furnishings don't all match and they're ageing. But to be honest I'd rather that than a soul-less travel lodge type place.
***

You have to pay for their breakfasts, and the bar is a tiny bit pricey - but you dont have to use either, remember, you have a kitchen so go to the shops!!!

Reception can book your taxi to the airport - it costs 5400 ft which is above what you can probably telephone to negotiate with a taxi firm (around 4000ft). But it does take the hassle out of it, especially if your Hungarian is non existent.

I walked most of Budapest and caught the metro only once (see if you can make sense of how to buy tickets); the streets are safe (stick to the main Andrassy line just to make sure). Being one of the main diplomatic areas there are plenty of cameras about (next door, across road is the Chinese embassy).

I would definitely recommend Radio Inn for somebody who is travelling on a budget doesn't mind walking for 5 to 10 minutes to get to attractions and isnt fussy about the look of the furniture in a room.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
7  Thank Brother_Cadfael
Reviewed 1 November 2007

I stayed for 2 nights at this budget hotel and I received just what i expected. I usually choose hotels for its locations and price range Radio Inn is just two blocks away from Bajza Utca metro station and it has good price. It is located 800 mts away from Heroes Square in a quiet neighborhood with a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how spacious my room (apartment) was. Furniture is not new but it goes according to hotel class and the kitchen was fully equiped.

I would say Radio Inn is a good option for budget travellers.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank travelermex
Reviewed 24 April 2007

I recently stayed at the Radio Inn. It is in a very quiet part of the city surrounded by embassies. The hotel is basically an apartment building while rooms come complete with a kitchen. It is located two blocks from a subway station and is within walking distance of Heroe's Square and the main city park of Budapest.

2  Thank gkor96
Reviewed 23 April 2007

We stayed here for 1 night on a weekend break. It was very easy to find from the metro stop, and was in a quiet street with resturants in walking distance. We were in appartment 1 on the ground floor which was quite spacious. The decor was quite dated but it was clean. There was a bath with a shower attachment which passed the hot water test.

We decided not to test out the breakfast option and went to the park near hero's square where there is a cafe with a rooftop terrace (walk left from the square).

As with most of the customer service in Budapest don't expect service with a smile, they are quite sullen but most speak english so we had no problems.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelgirl266
Reviewed 3 December 2006

We selected the Radio Inn due to it's close proximity to our daughters' apartment and because it clearly could accomodate the 3 of us-two adults and one teenage son. Other hotels were unclear on whether they could accomodate more than 2.
The apartment was quite comfortable especially considering the price. My son had his own room. We travelled in November so lack of ac was not a factor. The desk staff spoke English and were very helpful. The metro stop was very close and convenient.
Our morning treat was the capuccino in which we melted the small piece of chocolate.
We avoided the Premier Restaurant around the corner, due to unfavorable reviews, and were sorry because it was so good. My daughter and I ordered an asparagus ravioli dish that was delicious.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family