Easy to get to using public transport being a 5 minute walk from Dózsa György. It's also a nice walk into the city along the river.
The rooms and corridors are looking a bit tired in general. The room we had was quite compact and the bathroom was very small. The bed was comfortable enough. The main downside was the temperature of the room. The air con didn't seem to work so we had to have windows open which was fine when it wasn't blowing a gale.
The breakfast was typical of a hotel - cereal, porridge, cooked breakfast, cheese, pastries, fruit, bread. The breakfast room staff were very efficient at clearing the plates from under you, even if you were still eating!
We used the gym and spa a couple of times whilst there. Again, there didn't seem to be any air con in the gym so it was very hot. The pools were nice. One point to note if you are a couple, take both card keys with you to act as a deposit for the locker keys and towels. The person on reception in the spa was not happy with us for having only taken one card key with us! The massages we had were very nice although we did get hassled a little bit to book more treatments.
Free wifi in the public areas but not in the rooms. It tended to work ok and wasn't too slow.
If you like running, it is approx 2km to Margaret Island where there is a 5km running track around the island which is beautiful on a nice day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place where you can mix business with relaxation! Conference hotel with spa and wellness complex on the bank of the Danube, just 15 minutes from the historical city centre. Relax and recharge! Swim in the large pool and enjoy the breathtaking panorama from the two-story fitness club! Steer clear of the traffic jams! Spacious car and bus park just outside the hotel. 26 Km from Airport Ferihegy, 9 km from Eastern Railway Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Danubius Hotel Helia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Helia Hotel Budapest
- Danubius Health Hotel Helia
- Danubius Health Budapest