“relaxing with an arty vibe”
Review of art'otel budapest

art'otel budapest
Ranked #41 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed for 2 nights while on a business trip to Budapest. Even though I didn't get one of the better rooms (i.e. no view to the Danube river), I was very satisfied with the hotel experience overall. Very good service, helpful staff (English-speaking), great breakfast (nice selection of hot and cold). I even dined at the hotel's restaurant and again, I was not disappointed at all!

The room was single but spacious. Sleep quality very was very good, room temperature was just right and the room was very clean. Wi-fi was a small disappointment, free but quite slow (apparently there's a "business" option but you have to pay for it). Location is OK, there's a tram stop just across the road but It's a long(ish) walk to the center.

Finally, the hotel's design and concept (the hotel is a contemporary art exhibition) is also worth a mention. I'd definitely come back!

Room Tip: I guess, rooms on higher floors facing the river
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tamas M, Front Office Manager at art'otel budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear valued Guest, I appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I was very glad to read that you were so satisfied with your expereience at art'otel budapest.
On behalf of our entire staff at art'otel budapest we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for art'otel budapest

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble at the hotel. I spoke to them before our visit regarding transfers and they were all arranged perfectly.
The breakfasts were freshly cooked and there was heaps of choice.
Our room overlooked the Danube and Parliament Building, it was amazing.
I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suziefine

Dear valuedGuest, thank you for taking time to leave such a great feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.I appreciate all the good words regarding our location, breakfast and specially our staff.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a short break in budapest and chose this hotel based largely on it's trip advisor reviews. We weren't disappointed. We were given a room with a balcony with the views overlooking the parliament building - stunning. The staff were lovely to us and so helpful. The hotel is over the river from the city centre, but it's only a short walk over the bridges. Metro, trams and buses abound so if walking isn't your thing then, no problem!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear valued Guest, we appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just below Castle Hill overlooking the Danube and Parliament building, this is a good location being very close to good bus/tram route over to Pest. Very clean spacious and modern rooms friendly and helpful staff and excellent breakfasts. Rooms overlooking Danube have great views but if you want the window open at night can be noisy. We changed to rooms at the back looking up to the Castle which is floodlit at night. You need to ask for as high a level as possible for the view otherwise you are looking at the original but very pretty part of the hotel at the back, yet to be renovated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackie b

Dear valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor following your stay at art'otel budapest.
I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the views, the location of the hotel, and that you found your room spacious and very clean, our staff friendly and helpful. I also thank you for pointing out our excellent breakfast .
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you will be back in Budapest.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed there for our visit with a group of friends, shared a room with a mate. The location was great, with friendly staff and the rooms are clean. Sleeping quality was quite good. View was not bad (facing the hill). A decent hotel overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear valued Guest, thank you so much for the review ! I was very glad to read that you were satisfied with your expereience at art'otel budapest.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my friend for a city break. On arrival we asked for and were given a free upgrade to a room overlooking the parliament building. Staff are very helpful and answered all our questions. The rooms are really modern with unusual hotel art and the only downfall was our room was really hot (it was really sunny weather for our weekend) and the air conditioning didn't work very well. That aside, the location is excellent -near to the chain bridge and all the sights. We ate in the hotel's domino restaurant on the first night as it also had good reviews in my guide book and was well worth it. Authentic hungarian food and reasonably priced. The breakfast is plentiful and set us up for the day. Don't hesitate to book this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank maddiePortsmouth

Dear valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us here in the art’otel budapest.
We regret to read your negative point regarding the air conditioning in the hotel. As it was turned off for the winter and the weather during your stay was rather unusually warm , so I can understand the room was a bit warm . Let me express my apology for the inconveniences caused to you.
Except from these negative experience, thank you that you highlighted on the fantastic location of the hotel, the modern rooms. We highly appreciate your kind comments in regard to our breakfast and our restaurant.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

What a lovely hotel stayed here with my husbandish and our friends . The view out of our room was of the Danube and the houses of parliament couldn't have wished for better. Very quirky hotel we paid for breakfast on arrival and they gave use a special rate of 10 euro each per day which was well worth the money.(normally 14 euro each) . Only downside is most of the bars and restaurants are over on the pest side however the castle district on the Buda side so I suppose plus 's for both sides. We paid for the hop on hop off bus a good idea to get your bearings and you get a cruise down the Danube in with that mind you no commentary and a little cold ! Didn't have enough time for the baths but you only have so much time.
Tip get the airport bus go to the desk in the airport tell them where you are going and it's door to door drop off for around ten pounds each and that's return too !
Would return to this hotel if i were to revisit Budapest helpful staff,very clean,good breakfast and comfy large rooms.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor overlooking the river and houses of parliament
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank wittytitteecomittee
Tamas M, Front Office Manager at art'otel budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the views, the location of the hotel, and that you found your room spacious and very clean. We also thank you for pointing out our good breakfast , which really "worth the money" as you wrote.