“Nice working week”

Ranked #23 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here as part of a conference held between 10-12 Feb 2014. I was the truck driver that delivered the show and worked during the show before taking the show back to the UK.
I arrived on Saturday 8/2/14 a full day before the crew and event organizers arrived. The lady manager on duty at the time was fantastic and let me park my truck in the loading bay, whilst letting me use the shower and the pool in the spa, a day before I was due to check in as a guest with the crew.

I stayed in my truck in the loading bay for one night....Which was great because parking a truck near the hotel is physically impossible! I was allowed to check in at 0800 the following morning which was a full 13 hours before my colleagues arrived. My room was on the 5th floor and at the rear of the building on a nice quiet street. My room was fantastic. Spotlessly clean and well presented.

I stayed for 3 nights had breakfast and lunch 3 times and the food was superb. The staff are all helpful and cheerful. I enjoyed my stay even though I wasn't paying. But I will return later this year with my other half and gladly pay. It's a very nice place to be in a wonderful location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank adeyDevonUK
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review of the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We are delighted to hear that your room was imaginative and that you were absolutely satisfied with the breakfast and lunch we provided to you.
We look forward to welcoming you again this year for your next stay in Budapest.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Visited this hotel after sailing in Croatia for a week. Although sailing was awesome, we were in need of a real bed and shower. The bar was low, but this facility exceeded expectations. Nice rooms, great view of the river and bridge, and free access to the Las Vegas casino.

There are a lot of great hotels in Budapest, but I would definitely recommend this one. Only downside is no free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge and that you liked our rooms and the magnificent view to the Danube. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We returned to Budapest for a couple of days having not been there since the 1980s. We couldn't believe the changes to the city and the Sofitel is perfectly located to see lots in a short time. From our room we looked straight over the Danube to the old city with the Chain Bridge in the foreground.Spectacular! It's really worth spending a bit extra to secure a river facing room.
The bed was the best I've ever slept in and the staff were attentive, friendly and extremely efficient. My only criticism would be the lack of hungarian cuisine on restaurant menus. All in all, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

we are extremely happy about your pleasant and memorable stay in Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We are always on to offer perfect services with a great Sofitel team besides the developing city and the outstanding location of the hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel has a very nice view of the river and chain bridge. It is also in a good location and very near to local amenities.
The room is very comfortable and nice. It looks like recently updated.
The breakfast is good but it is the same thing every day. So it gets a bit bored when you are there for more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Room facing the river is excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

we are satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and the beautiful panorama from the room. Thank for your feedback about the breakfast offer, we are always on to make your experiences as pleasant as it can be, so we appreciate much your review.

I hope we can welcome you soon in Budapest!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I spend a leisure weekend with friends at Sofitel in Budapest, ending my stay with mixed feelings about this property.

Hotel has an unbeatable location on the banks of the Danube with breath taking views of the Buda Royal castle and the famed Chain bridge.

Although it is a 5 star Sofitel, it fails in comparison with other 5 star Sofitels, Amsterdam or Rome for example. I was especially disappointed to find out that:
- I was not offered a welcome drink, although I am a Gold Le Club member
- Rooms did not have slippers or bath robes, so not sure how was I supposed to go the Spa or a swimming pool (I stayed in room 317, my friends in 338).
- there was no turn-down service offered.

Staff was efficient, but cold, not welcoming at least in our case.

On the positive side, breakfast buffet was excellent, one of the better that I have seen.

I am a big fan of Sofitel brand and try to stay with them whenever possible, but in this case I would look for different hotel of the same category for my next stay in Budapest.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay with us. And I am very sorry to hear that it did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have immediately double checked the situation and I would like to apologize for the mentioned inconveniences caused. At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I have shared and discussed this feedback with our management team in order to avoid such and similar situations in the future.

Once again I thank you for sharing your concerns, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Budapest.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We spent three nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very customer oriented and everything ran smoothly without unwanted surprises. The quiet atmosphere was relaxing unlike usual hotels where people stroll around corridors yelling. We arrived in the late evening and were delighted to eat in the bar which wasn't the cheapest in the town but reasonably priced and the food was really good. The surrounding views were awesome and everything was on walking distance. The breakfast buffet was also superior though must say that we both as healthy food ethusiasts would've been even more convinced if there were more sallad and vegetables in the selection but this seemed to be the situation in all local restaurants we visited.

Room Tip: If possible, ask to get the room with a bridge view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for positive answer you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were pleased with the services provided in our hotel during your stay.
We are always on to offer a wide variety of dishes so your feedback is valuable for our team.
We sincerely hope to see you back at Sofitel Budapest in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I love this hotel. This was my second visit a couple of years after my first and I was pleased to be able to return.

It is located within view of the famous "chain bridge" and in an area full of historic buildings and numerous eating and shopping options. It is also very close to a stop on the number 2 tram line, which runs very regularly along the river (the hotel offers tram tickets and I used this to travel to my meetings).

The Reception area is impressive and the staff efficient. My room was relatively large (although only a "standard" room) with an enormous double bed. It was clean, well-appointed and well-maintained.

The attached Paris Budapest bar served some very good light meals. Breakfast was well-stocked and diverse in range, although I did have a slight issue here as on the first morning the breakfast room was completely full and I was being encouraged to sit at a table with other guests (luckily someone departed and freed up a table). On the second morning I was greeted and shown to a table - I went and collected some items from the buffet and returned to find another member of staff had placed another guest at this table; I was quickly found an alternative but it did suggest a communication issue amongst the staff.

These were minor observations though and did little to affect my opinion of the hotel. I would happily return here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank figbat
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge and for your comments about our hotel. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have parted with nice memories.

We hope to welcome you back in Budapest in the near future.