I stayed for 4 nights at the Sofitel and I was pleased with my choice. I am a Sofitel fan and that's my first choice when I travel. So I can say that it is not the best. In fact, it is the one I liked the least.
While the location is unbeatable and breakfast was standard (in a good sense), the amenities are first class (Hermes) the rooms are tired.
Change the carpets and the shades, do away with the furniture. Then it'll be a 5 star.
As I could see in another review, the rooms are too warm, and my companion and I had to sleep with the windows open while the temperature outside was 5 degrees centigrade.
Another complaint is the bathroom. There's no separate shower (unlike all other Sofitels I stayed in), and the tub is extremely high. It is quite dangerous climbing out of it, after a soapy shower.
If there is a next time in Budapest, I will certainly stay at Sofitel, but I would choose a room with a shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travelbag, Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel