“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #26 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel. Good location, spacious room and very helpful staff. Plentiful breakfast.
Our special thanks go to Barthelemy, Zoltan, and our maid Erica, and all staff, very professional and helpful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
4  Thank Alexei P
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that your time here in Budapest was pleasant and both the equipment and attitude of our staff has succeeded your expectations.

Your feedback is a huge encouragement for us to continue to provide the highest level of service to each of our guests.

We would like to welcome you back at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge

Write a ReviewReviews (5,769)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Me and my partner stayed here 27th-30th August 2012. What a fantastic hotel with such a brilliant location. 5* indeed. From the moment we arrived our stay was out of this world. The reception staff were extremely helpful along with the waiters/waitresses for breakfast every morning.

Our room was perfect and immaculate. As this was a trip away for my partners 30th birthday I paid extra for a room with a Chain Bridge view. This was totally worth it especially at night before leaving the hotel for dinner the Chain Bridge would be lit and was very beautiful to see. The room was very stylish and you sank into the bed.
Breakfast was delicious with so much choice for all nationalities.

The location is right on the Danube with makes it great for sight seeing and also in the evening for bars and restaurants.

We would recommend buying a ticket for the hop on, hop off bus. It worked out at £12 each for a 2 days unlimited pass. We traveled all around Buda and Pest for a whole 2 days. Also included in the ticket price is a boat trip up the Danube to Margaret Island. We would recommend visiting the Palace and having a ride on the uphill tram, there are panoramic views on the view point at the top. Everywhere you go whist in the city you will appreciate the fantastic architecture and the relaxed atmosphere. Public transport is also very cheap. There is so much to do you will want to re-visit (we do, and will be doing)

We tried various Hungarian restaurants while we were there and we had no problems and the food was very tasty. Also I would visit Bourbon what a fabulous restaurant this is, you can dine alfresco or indoors and the food we had was amazing.

We found everything to be very very reasonable including alcohol.

I really would recommend staying at the Sofitel Budapest as you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Chain Bridge View
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank penchris l
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about the hotel. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay here at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.

We were delighted to hear that you are amazed by our staff as well at the Reception, as well at the breakfast. We are always on to offer excellent services with a great Sofitel team, for this reason we are delighted to read, you were contented with the service which was provided by our staff. We were happy to hear, that the choice at the breakfast has met your expectations and you found it absolutely delicious.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience about your stylish room and the stunning view from there.
We are appreciating your feedback regarding the location of Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge and we are absolutely happy because you could try out some of our excellent restauratns with the fine hungarian dishes.

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Richard O

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently stayed at this outstanding hotel. The staff are amazing and I mean every department. Always smiling and helpful. Very personal but yet professional. I spent the extra money and stayed in a river view. I had a view of the river and the city which was quite nice to have both.
My room was small, however it was just me so I didn't need a larger room. The bed was very comfortable.
Their rooms come equipped with wonderful amenities. You don't need to bring anything other than your personal belongings.Everywhere you look there is another amenity to be found..
They left me bottled water daily, bathroom amenities and refreshed the mini bar.
A few suggestions: If you have trouble getting in a tub then I suggest when you book you ask for a walk in shower. My room was by the elevator and it was a bit noisy especially on the weekend but this hotel attracts a nice clientele so this didn't happen often.
My breakfast was complimentary. Since I was there for quite awhile I found it to be the same thing everyday, but it was good. The bacon was not cooked enough for me but it was no trouble for the chef to crisp it up Like I said the staff are the best. Don't be afraid to ask.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the chain bridge, pedestrian outdoor mall (it's excellent), the subway and many fine restaurants. We used the subway and once we tried it we had it down pat.
The hotel has a outdoor patio and indoor dining area. It's a lovely spot to sit on a good sunny day. A little pricey but the quality of the food and service is good. Suggestion would be to order a bottle of wine as the wine is expensive by the glass. This way you get to sit longer and enjoy.
I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again or any Sofitel for that matter..

Room Tip: I listed these in my review
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank barryhoneyman

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion about the hotel.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here in Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge and that you were satisfied with the central location of the hotel.
We are more than delighted to hear that the equipment of the room and the bathroom amenities have met your expectations.
We are always on to make your experiences as pleasant as it can be, for this reason we were happy that you were satisfied with the professionalism and friendliness of our staff as well.

At the same time we are very sorry that your experience regarding the breakfast’s quality did not meet your expectations, and the disturbing noise you have experienced, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.
Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I have shared and discussed this feedback with our management team in order to avoid such and similar situations in the future.

Once again I thank you for sharing your concerns, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Budapest.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed in the Sofitel with my girlfriend for a weekend in April. Firstly, the location of the hotel could not be better, it’s right on the river and we were able to walk to the sights on the Buda and Pest sides of the river without any problem. The hotel itself was impressive with a nice atmosphere and unusual layout.

I also took the opportunity to propose to my girlfriend on this weekend, and had contacted the staff prior to our arrival to assist me with organising it. The Guest Relations team (Luca and Sztella) were incredible in helping me organise every detail of this, from the actual location of the proposal, organising roses and champagne for the room and helping us plan our day. I can’t compliment this service enough and it really made the weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about Sofitel Budapest Chain Brige. Your satisfaction is our greatest achievement, for this reason we are delighted to hear that our attentive and professional colleagues were able to make your special day an unforgettable experience.

Please allow me to congratulate and wish you lot of happiness on the behalf of the entire Sofitel team.

We would be pleased to welcome you back for your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed 5 nights here and were impressed by the cleanliness and friendliness of the rooms and staff. Free and reliable wifi with great connection speed is available in the room. Breakfast is excellent with a fabulous variety of dishes to suit many tastes.

Great location -within walking distance over the chain bridge to the funicular leading up to the castle district , as well as many restaurants and shops in Vaci Utca.

Very luxurious comfortable beds and complimentary bottles of water every day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Schatzi_12
Philippe_Godard, Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are delighted to read that your stay with us as exceeded your expectations.

It's amazing to hear that you were impressed with the work of our staff and our facilities. We always try to do your best, and the recognition of that work is always very rewarding for us.

I hope you had enjoy our beautiful city, and we hope to welcome you back in Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014