“Exclusive, luxurious hotel with Amazing view!”

Ranked #21 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I ordered executive suite on the highest floor. I was sent to exclusive check in in the Sofitel club where drinks, snacks,coffee, tea were available to me until 9pm each day. Staff there was amazing except one blond lady who is new. She was a bit impatient and didn't let me take my open bottle of water with me to my room. I thingy it was a bit rude. I had the option to have cold breakfast there or exclusive buffet on the main floor. And boy what a buffet it was! Some waiters were taking it easy and no one came to rake my coffee order but the buffet is out if this world. The room was on the small side but very comfy, cozy, with superb beds and bedding. The view of the Danube is out of this world! Pay your last dime for this view! Coffee, tea facilities are in the room. Cleaning is good. Bathroom is small but so what with that view! Concierge Zofia is wonderful. She's helpful, polite, warm and organized. I did give her a parting tip which she deserved highly. If you come to Budapest, don't muss this hotel.

Room Tip: High floor, room with view of the river, away from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you do much for taking the time to write us such a nice review of your stay at Budapest.
We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant vacation and enjoyed your time in our splendid capital.

We are sorry to hear about the incident which happened in the Club. All we strive is your comfort but unfortunately our policy does not allow to take out anything from the club area. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and I am sure that it was not my colleague intention to make you feel unwelcome. I would like to apologize for the discomfort we have caused for you.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We traveled by train from Austria to Budapest for a long three day weekend and stayed at the Sofitel Chain Bridge. It was the Hungarian Grand Prix Formula One weekend so the hotel was quite full. Hotel staff and helpfulness excellent. We requested a view, high floor, but they were unable to accommodate the view request even though we would have gladly paid for the upgrade. Had to keep sheer curtains pulled to avoid direct view from windows of rundown building across the street. Also we landed in a smoking room, after requesting non-smoking; even after the first night when I placed the ashtray in the hallway, the next day the ashtray was back in the room. We loved the restaurant; the food excellent, as well as the service. Be sure to make a reservation so you are able to sit by a window for the excellent view. Open kitchen concept very enjoyable watching the chefs and wait staff bustle about. Enjoyed it so much we ate two nights in the restaurant, delicious and convenient. Concierge (Barnabas) service very helpful. Booked our night time river cruise, parliament building tour, and thermal baths tickets. Location is excellent and easy to walk to many top sites and also close to the metro. Overall a great stay and would return.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We came here for a city break for my birthday.
They spoiled me shamelessly .
Professional friendly staff, top- notch food and drink at 1980's prices.
Highly recommended. If you want to visit Budapest this is a perfect base.

• Stayed: July 2014
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Budapest.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We loved Budapest and this hotel is in such a fabulous location. Get a Superior Room for a view over the Danube and the Chain Bridge.
A great open air bar where you can watch the world go by.
Relaxing pool area with solarium and sauna - great place to unwind.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, and in particular the view from your room. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in an excellent location close to everything. We stayed here for 3 nights and when we arrived we were upgraded to a room with a river view. The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was really good as well. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning on visiting budapest.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maliha T
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review you have written of our hotel. We were delighted to hear that the central location of the hotel, the helpfulness of the staff and the selection of the breakfast buffet have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

When arrived at the Sofitel we were excited prebooking our 45th wedding anniversary over the phone. ( Paid in full) We asked for our room showing him the conformation and was insulted by saying. " This is a reservation but no payment was made". It seemed like we were cheating them. I than asked to speak to the Manager and was told he was on the phone. We were waiting patiently when I noticed he slipped into the back room. I then asked were did he go and was told he will be with me shorty. After approx. another 1/2 hour he came out he questioned me like I was a terrorist. After him going in the back room to straighten my reservation we were given our room. I than told him this includes breakfast. (I paid for). He tells me no. I told him look at the reseravations which was clearly paid for. He told me he will look into it and get back to me. We than got a phone call apologizing. This was very aggravating and was very dissapointed in the Staff and Management of this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Daddod
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, especially the welcome and check-in procedure; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is extremely important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address this misunderstanding problem regarding your booking and its breakfast inclusion in order prevent future occurrence.
We do understand your disappointment, and please allow us to apologize also for the time that you had to wait until everything has been sorted out for you. At the same time we are very glad that as a small gesture and apology from our side on the spot, we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade to one of our beautiful Luxury rooms with a stunning view over the Chain Bridge and Castle District, as well as with access to our Executive Lounge. We sincerely hope that despite the inconveniences in the beginning we were able to recomfort you at least a little bit, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Choosing this hotel in order to see Budapest was a wise choice. Once you go through the door you’ll see this amazing enormous plaza with white marble floors from where you can see all the balconies that give access to the rooms. A must: Look at the fantastic shining Swarovski diamond cascade at the bottom, and the breathtaking maybe first World-War yellow plane hanged on the ceiling.

The service is superb, the staff is extremely helpful and the receptionists give the most useful advices (as tasting the famous Doobos Cake at the Gerbeaud Café). The rooms are well-decorated, spacious and modern, but the best are the beds, sleeping there is like lying on the most comfortable smooth clouds. The first floor acting as dining room is where the breakfast is served. You’ll find anything you can imagine, even Hungarian typical pastries baked that morning.

The hotel is located in the very city center, near the stroll of Andrassy which works as the main artery for tourists, so it’s perfect to get to the principal attractions by foot. After a whole day having visited the city, the hotel SPA is the best solution to recharge your battery for the next day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side are the best, as you will see the Chain Bridge!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much taking the time to post your comments about your stay in the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We were pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the helpfulness of the staff, with the size and decoration of the rooms and with the Sofitel MyBed bedding as well. Furthermore, it was our pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the breakfast we served to you as well as the services of our SPA.

We sincerely hope to see you back at our hotel in the near future on your next visit to Budapest.