This hotel is probably the best located hotel in the city! I travelled here as a birthday treat for my mum who is 61 and dad 65. Perfect location next to the chain bridge next to the main street for all the bars and restaurants.Very clean and spacious and staff very professional. We did book a room for 3 adults however i was very disappointed to find that the bed for the 3rd person was a roll out sofa bed which was VERY uncomfortable with just a sheet for the duvet. My parents bed on the other hand was very comfotable with a lovely matress and duvet. I wouldnt have minded if we were advised of this upon booking or even at check-in but considering all three of us paid the same price for the holiday i would at least expect a bit more from Sofitel. We also had to ask for an extra cup/glass/towel etc for the 3rd person (they knew we were 3) there was also only 1 bathrobe per room.
We asked at reception about taxis and they recommended we took one of their preferred taxis waiting outside the hotel (which is good if you are in a rush as they are always waiting) However....a word of warning we took one to the Gellert baths as we were slightly pressed for time but the price was VERY HIGH nearly the same as going to the airport. We took Zona taxis to and from the airport which were FANTASTIC less then 5000 FNT from airport to hotel and 3800FNT hotel to airport they picked us up within 5mins of calling.
This hotel is fantastic for its location however just a warning if you are 3 adults. I thought the hotel would at least advise us about this or as it was very quiet offer me a single room maybe...and at least have the correct number of towels etc. There was also only enough tea/coffee for 2 people which wasnt sufficently replenished the following day either.
Its not all bad though as i said if you are two or single this place is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel