“wow - what a great hotel”

Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge
Ranked #23 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
TEL AVIV
“wow - what a great hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2009

this is one of the best i have ever been
location location location
breakfast is great

and book always danube view
to llok at 20;00 in the evening.....amazing

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
SofitelBudapestGR, The Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this review, 20 September 2009
Dear Guest,

We are especially glad, that you returned with the best memories of our breakfast and that your were pleased with the view out of your room to the river Danube and the Royal Castle.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

The Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,153)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Wow! I booked a weekend with Malev to Budapest to Sofitel for my family.
Budapest is incredible city, I was impressed.
We arrived in the afternoon, it was very hot, so we appreciated the welcome drink
that refreshed us a lot.
The concierge made our stay as they adviced us where to go and which places to visit
that was helpful.
Good location of the hotel and excellent views.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
SofitelBudapestGR, Hotel Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this review, 29 August 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, as well as our central location and the panorama view from your room. We are also very happy about the fact, that our Concierge was a great help for you concerning program and sight-seeing suggestions.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

budapest
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I am a film director from Hungary, I got the possitbility to shoot 3 interviews in the presidetel corner room of Sofitel, with 3 of the most prominent Hungarian rock stars. We were very satisfied with everything. The room is wonderful, the sfaff is polite and helpful, the food is delicieus. I think it is the best hotel in Budapest, with the nicest view to the Danube and the castle.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear your positive comments about Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. It makes us absolutely proud, that you rate us the „best hotel in Budapest with the nicest view” – thank you very much! We are happy to hear, that you liked our Presidential Suite and that you were more than satisfied with our staff’s work. Our guest’s well-being is indeed most important for us and we are glad, that we succeeded.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the near future.

Budapest
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Romantic Experience in Budapest
Shortly after getting married, I was offered by my friends a gift to spend a honeymoon night at Sofitel.
I have to admit that upon receipt of this gift I was not so much excited about the whole idea but I changed my
opinion as soon as I stepped inside. Our welcome, with upfront arranged glass of Dom Perignon in the lobby lounge
was followed by the short tour of the hotel by a very attentive and smiley lady who acquianted us with the different hotel areas.
We also got a voucher for a massage at their SPA - very cosy atmosphere.
The room was equipped with Bose that I found absolutely cool as I could connect and listen to all my music.
The building from the outside does not seem to be attractive but inside is completely opposite, go and try it out :).

• Stayed August 2009
SofitelBudapestGR, Hotel Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We are pleased about the fact that our hotel, the facilities and service offered, as well as our staff exceeded your expectations. And we are especially glad, that we were part of an unforgettable honeymoon and could make your stay at Budapest memorable.

london
Reviewed 19 August 2009

This hotel is probably the best located hotel in the city! I travelled here as a birthday treat for my mum who is 61 and dad 65. Perfect location next to the chain bridge next to the main street for all the bars and restaurants.Very clean and spacious and staff very professional. We did book a room for 3 adults however i was very disappointed to find that the bed for the 3rd person was a roll out sofa bed which was VERY uncomfortable with just a sheet for the duvet. My parents bed on the other hand was very comfotable with a lovely matress and duvet. I wouldnt have minded if we were advised of this upon booking or even at check-in but considering all three of us paid the same price for the holiday i would at least expect a bit more from Sofitel. We also had to ask for an extra cup/glass/towel etc for the 3rd person (they knew we were 3) there was also only 1 bathrobe per room.
We asked at reception about taxis and they recommended we took one of their preferred taxis waiting outside the hotel (which is good if you are in a rush as they are always waiting) However....a word of warning we took one to the Gellert baths as we were slightly pressed for time but the price was VERY HIGH nearly the same as going to the airport. We took Zona taxis to and from the airport which were FANTASTIC less then 5000 FNT from airport to hotel and 3800FNT hotel to airport they picked us up within 5mins of calling.
This hotel is fantastic for its location however just a warning if you are 3 adults. I thought the hotel would at least advise us about this or as it was very quiet offer me a single room maybe...and at least have the correct number of towels etc. There was also only enough tea/coffee for 2 people which wasnt sufficently replenished the following day either.
Its not all bad though as i said if you are two or single this place is great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
SofitelBudapestGR, Hotel Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this review, 24 August 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and you were pleased with the work of our staff at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.

However I was concerned to read your comments regarding the room. I do appologize for the missing items for the third person (like towels and cups) and I am very sorry for the inconveniences. Please let me assure you that the involved department Managers have been informed in order to guarantee, that such and similar situations will be handled properly in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments, which will help us in all ongoing efforts to improve our services. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please get in contact with us.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 14 August 2009

I used to travel to Budapest 4-5 times a year on business and always stayed at the Sofitel. Most comfortable beds and best staff anywhere. I once left a linen jacket and blouse behind, and on my next trip they were dry cleaned and waiting for me . Impeccable! Sadly I no longer travel to Buda for business, but when I make my next leisure trip there , I will stay at the Sofitel.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
SofitelBudapestGR, The Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this review, 17 August 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your comments with us and other readers.
We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge – especially that your were pleased about your left belongings waiting for you in the room.
We are also very happy about your positive comments regarding the work of our staff and the comfort of our beds. Our staff work exceptionally hard to give every guest unforgettable moments in Budapest – we are very glad that we succeeded.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

leeds
Reviewed 4 August 2009

After alot of research of all the different hotels in the 5 star category I opted for the Sofitel - it was a special trip as my Dad was turning 60 on the Sunday and my aunt and uncle were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary - it had to be more than perfect - I am very familiar with the intercontinental, kempinski and meridien groups of hotels having travelled all over the world and so are my family but the sofitel blew us all away! It was perfect - it couldnt have been any better. The Rooms were fabulous, the service was wonderful, the location is perfect - the exceutive club is fabulously located and the girls who were there could not have been more helpful or obliging - it really was a pleasure - if you can afford to do it then pay for club rooms - the breakfast was fantastci and to eat breakfast whilst looking across at the chain bridge and castle is the perfect way to start the day. The 2 Dorothys were great at recommending places and looking after us! I honestly couldnt fault this hotel in any possible way! It was fabulous! People on here have commented on the position and whilst that is very good - it was the service that I will remember - the special little touches that make your stay memorable. This is a great city and I will definately be coming back very soon and I would definately definately come back to this hotel.

Thanks Sofitel for making the trip so special.

FG

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
SofitelBudapestGR, The Hotel Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this review, 6 August 2009
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. It was nice to hear that you were pleased with our rooms, the service and the level of hospitality. We are especially grateful for your positive feedback regarding the Sofitel Club. Our Executive Hostesses are working very hard to make our guests feel welcomed and return home with unforgettable memories of Budapest and our hotel. We are very happy that we succeeded in giving you ’the little touches’ in service, that made your stay memorable.