We stayed 2 nights at the Sofitel Budapest and it was absolutely wonderful! I have wanted to stay here before but usually the rates are quite high as it is a 5 star hotel. This time I was able to get a very good rate including breakfast and all taxes through an online hotel booking site as it is January and low season. We had a room with a gorgeous view of the Chain Bridge (my personal favorite especially when it's lit up at night) and the Danube River. The ambience and quiet in the hotel is so nice and has a very calming effect. All staff we encountered were very friendly, helpful and eager to please, the breakfast buffet was just amazing with a huge variety of different items to choose from, a chef that cooks eggs made-to-order, and the most delicious coffee I've ever had. It was wonderful lingering over breakfast in an area that overlooks the entire interior of the hotel. The rooms are very nice, clean, with the most comfortable beds and pillows I think I've ever encountered with large fluffy down comforters -- it was an effort to get out of bed in the morning as you'd rather just stay in that comfortable warm bed. The Sofitel is in a great central location ... a 5 minute walk to the metro station and the very center of town and also a streetcar that stops right in front of the hotel. The spa in the hotel is also very nice with a great swimming pool, sauna and massage available although the massages are on the expensive side. Use of the swimming pool and sauna are free for guests as is the exercise room with lots of different equipment such as treadmills, weights, etc. There is also a casino in the hotel that offers free entry for hotel guests. There were only two negatives about this hotel: 1. There was only one computer available for guests in the mezzanine area and fees were astronomically high... in this day and age, there should be no charge for internet use for hotel guests; 2. The glass "door" in the bathtub is only half a door making it quite awkward and difficult getting out of the shower. All in all, a fantastic place to stay. We had a very relaxing and wonderful stay at the Sofitel and would like to return on our next trip back to Budapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel