6,287 results
All reviews chain bridge paris restaurant luxury room river view club room famous chain perfect location breakfast buffet excellent hotel buda castle across the river the executive lounge an upgrade christmas market junior suite four seasons beautiful city
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Central location: walking distance to old city and restaurant.
Rooms are comfortable, warm designed.
Rich and tasty breakfast served in ground floor with river view..
We used the SPA and booked massage as well.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous hotel overlooking Danube. Very festive lobby, gorgeous room with view of bridge and castle. Breakfast was generous and great spread. Spa was lovely escape from markets. Staff were all great, very friendly and gave a brilliant service

Room tip: Go for river view
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The rooms are obsolete, the last renovation has been probably in the last millennium. I had to ask a new room since none of the two showers work, and both were clogged. Carpet spotted and dirty. The new room wasn't clean neither, I found hair in the bed. Spa area is outdated, smelly. If only I hadn't see the cleaning staff... The hotel lobby looks nice, and the location is excellent, but the quality of the rooms is absolutely unacceptable.

Date of stay: January 2019
4  Thank zsigmond
Ildiko_Kozel_Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. It is glad to hear that you were satisfied with the excellent location of our hotel and with the lobby area.
However, I was very concerned to read that you were not satisfied with the overall condition and the cleanliness of the rooms received. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment caused.Kindly be ensured that I have forwarded your feedback to our respective head of department in order to improve on our services.

Yours sincerely,
Ildiko Kozel
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the convenience, and the hotel room views. The front entrance is a nice circular driveway steps from the chain bridge. Our hotel room had a beautiful view of the Danube river, chain bridge, several statues, the castle, etc. the lobby was also very beautiful and open. The room was small, but that is common for European hotels. It was also a little stuffy at night and you are not able to open the windows for fresh air. The bathrooms were ok, but the shower door only covered half the shower and so the floor was always wet. It was a great location, but I might try a different hotel next time.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2019

This was my second stay at the Sofitel. My husband and I stayed in a river view room (which was on the 8th floor -- ask for it if you can get it). We were treated to the differing light and views of the Buda Castle every day and night. Staff at the Sofitel were busy but kind and even funny. They all had a sense of humor when there were miscommunications (which were probably more my fault then their's). The rooms are lovely, and the bathtub is nice and deep. For an arthritic like myself, there's nothing better than a deep bathtub...something not easily gotten in European hotel rooms. Their pool was lovely, and if you like saunas, they've got them (not really my thing but they're nice and clean). Food was excellent. Nothing to complain about here at all. Location is perfect.

Room tip: River view -- you won't regret it
Date of stay: January 2019