3,827 results
All reviews river view chain bridge the club lounge buda castle royal palace across the river perfect location famous chain excellent hotel an upgrade breakfast buffet is christmas market buda side tram stop four seasons beautiful city fisherman's bastion
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Intercontinental is perfectly located in the wonderful city of Budapest! You can walk everywhere. The hotel is modern - lovely rooms some with magnificent views of the Danube and the Chain Bridge. The staff is very pleasant. The Concierge staff is outstanding with excellent ideas for visitors. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Dear bear003
Many thank for your post. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the concierge services as well as the location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2011

The hotel was in the ideal location. i had a room overlooking the water, and Buda... great view. The tram stopped 30 seconds walk outside the hotel. Vaci street was 2 minutes walk away... The chain bridge was 7 mins walk away.Parliament was 12 mins walk away.. great for getting those 8am tickets.. St Stephens was a 10 min walk away. Yes the drinks sitting outside the hotel were expensive and so was the food... but did you expect anything else as the location was just right. There is a travel shop in the hotel where you can buy tram tickets. The nearest metro is 5 mins walk away. The market is a 15-20min walk away at the bottom of vaci street. It gets 5 stars for the location.. I didnt have time to use or even see the spa or the swimming pool. By the way most evenings a few prostitutes get off the tram outside the hotel, and walk down past the hotel to vaci street to ply their trade, it makes interesting watching... and if when they come up to you, you just say no thanks they don't normally bother you again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Dave9960

Dear Dave9960
Thank you for the kind post. Location of the hotel is ideal and we are very fortunate about that.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Its well worth paying the extra for a river view and fling the curtains open wide. The bed was enormous and really comfy, especially when someone comes in and makes it everyday leaving behind a lovely chocolate. The breakfast was excellent, the choice was epic. Bar prices were high but you are a hairs breath from lots of cheaper bars. I especially liked Lazlo who looked after the front door and was really friendly. Be patient with the other staff, they get a lot of gruff demanding customers and once they know you're not going to bit their heads off they're lovely.
Go, you'll love it.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank NancyDUB

Dear NancyDUB
Lovely post - thank you very much! I definitely agree with you that the view from our guestrooms is unbeatable. Thank you for singling out Laszlo - he is indeed a great employee.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I stay at this hotel everytime we go to Budapest. The service is outstanding and the staff are great. Everyone is so nice and helpful.
The room was immaculate and anything that we needed was available. We love this place. It is just like going home!!! The location for everthing is perfect. Tram stops in front of door and very close to Vaci utca.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear RMSJPa
Thank you very much for your loyalty and another nice post. Please do let me know (milos.cerovic@ihg.com) when you decide to return for yet another stay at InterContinental Budapest.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

When I arrived at the InterContinental Budapest I was amazed at the location. Right on the river! When I checked in they gave me a free upgrade to a room overlooking the river. The view from my room was amazing. You had a perfect view of the river and Castle Hill. I was knocked over impressed. The staff was very helpful but rather formal. I guess I had been getting used to very small hands on staff of the smaller hotels I had been staying in but I have no complaints about the service. The hotel was in a central location for seeing the city and there is a market down the street so you can buy essentials. Overall, I really did not enjoy the city of Budapest as much as I did some of the other cities I have visited but this is defiantly not because of the InterContinental Budapest. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew P

Dear AP-WA
Thank you for your positive review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel very much but also disappoinited to hear that you did not like the city of Budapest as much. Perhaps if you return, our concierge would be able to point you to some less touristy but more local, charming sights that i am almost sure you would enjoy.