3,830 results
All reviews river view chain bridge the club lounge buda castle royal palace across the river perfect location famous chain excellent hotel an upgrade breakfast buffet is christmas market buda side tram stop four seasons beautiful city fisherman's bastion
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed in a suite for 2 nights, and found out the first night that the bathroom sliding door was broken, make the long story short, the duty manager sent me a bottle of wine and a fruit plate as a gesture of apology, and fixed the problem the next day as he promised. The truth is that I don't mind sometimes find something minor problem with the room in a hotel like this level, as long as the staff listen to me and take care the problem seriously. I was happy that the intercontinental Budapest hold on to the standard of excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Dear DocvicTW
Thank you for your great review. I could not agree more with your statement. It is hardly avoidable for minor deficiences and normal wear and tear to happen but it is how the staff approaches the situation that makes the difference between average and great hotels. I am glad that we managed to resolve your issue very efficiently.
With my very best regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2011

You simply cannot get a better located hotel in Budapest. Right on the Danube, steps away from the Chain Bridge, and with an amazing view of the Castle and the Fisherman's Bastion / St Mattias Church across the river. Truly spectacular. The hotel itself is very nice too, with comfortable rooms, a beautiful lobby / bar area, and a very friendly and helpful staff. The price was also extremely reasonable (though the cost of wifi -- 15 euro per hour or 25 euro per day was excessive). All in all, a great hotel and an absolutely unbelievable location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Evicat
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
We hope to be in position to welcome you back to our hotel.
With best regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2011

Spent 4 days in budapest for a conference and decided to stay at the InterContinental on the conference rate as it was half price of the hotel direct booking.

Service from the all the staff was quick, polite and always cheerful, housekeeping did a nice job and pillows in different layout each night.

Breakfast and Lunch were good quality with a wide range of food but the restaurant staff let this down by not delivering drinks or snatching plates before food was finished.

As always the hotel bar is expensive and taxi's directly outside on the road are linked to the hotel and charge a premium.

The hotel has a hop-on-hop-off stand outside the main grounds and they can offer a discount of 1500 HUF when asked.

I would recommend people to stay here but my only warning is watch out for the ladies of the night who stand by the doors from 9pm onwards.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gareth_999

Dear gareth_999
Thank you for the great feedback about the staff and facilities. I will definitely share your feedback with the restaurant staff. Please accept our apologies for not delivering the prompt restaurant service.
With my very best regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Every now and again you stay at a Hotel that is unforgettable for some reason or other. The view from our room overlooking the Danube and Buda Castle had that wow factor that records itself in your memory for life. A great couple of nights in a great city enhanced by a spectacular hotel room view.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay for the river view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D

Dear Pominoz1
Thank you for the WOW review!
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
All the best,

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I've stayed at InterContinental Hotels in multiple cities. My favorites are a relatively new one in Boston and a long established property in Istanbul. I selected this IC because I was attending a conference that was being held in the hotel. A few months earlier, I was in Budapest on vacation and stopped by to enjoy a drink on the patio which has an excellent view of the Chain Bridge and Mathias Church. Service here was perfunctory at best. Some minor things made this IC stand out from others for me. For the cost of this hotel, it is important to have high expectations of service and comfort. The room was difficult to sleep in. It was on the street side and there was a lot of activity on it during the evening. The elevators were a trick. I had to walk to each button and press it repeatedly as every time an elevator went by and -did not- stop, it shut the call light off and nothing would come. Took awhile to get an elevator regardless and that was consistent.

I'd probably stay here again, but I would search for other properties in the vicinity first.

Room Tip: Get on the Chain Bridge side of the hotel. Very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Ski G
Thank you for your balanced feedback. As well, thank you for staying at our sister properties in Istanbul and Boston. I will share your experience with our team members and use it as a training tool for similar situations in the future. I would be delighted to hear that you decided to give us another chance. If you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
With best regards,