3,793 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgethe club loungebuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationfamous chainexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas marketbuda sidetram stopfour seasonsbeautiful cityfisherman's bastion
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My time in Budapest was very short (just 1 day), but what made seeing the city easier in such a condensed amount of time was the fact that the Intercontinental is perfectly located in easy walking distance from the main sights. In fact, I think this is a perfect city for walking around - cross the bridge and take the funicular up to the Castle district.

Somewhat smallish rooms, but comfortable. We didn't have a great view from our room, but I'm told the views from the rooms looking out towards the river are beautiful and I can believe it - the hotel is situated directly on the river overlooked by an old castle. Plenty of little cafes around with live music and a nice atmosphere.

Front desk was helpful with restaurant and taxi reservations.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunny77777
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Dear Sunny777
Thank you for takinig the time to post your review. Budapest is a lovely city and i wish you got to spend more time here. Perhaps next time, when you return to Pearl of Danube, you will be able to enjoy one of our rooms with a great view. Until then, i remain with my best regards.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed here few in February and in June multiple times during both months.

I am very happy with the hotel, everytime I stay here, I always get the view of the Danube river. Being a Platinum Ambassador member has its perks, such as room upgrades, fruit and bottled water.
Service is good and I have no complaints whatsoever and very classy hotel. Like most hotels in a big city food is expensive.
I have stayed in the Suite and regular rooms both facing the river. The suite is awesome having both sides of the building.

Location is great its close to everything you need and want. During summer time its a very nice walk along the river or the bridge. Its nice to eat outside the patio with great view of the river and castle. I like the mixture of old and new buildings.

Every time I visit Budapest no doubt I will always stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: If you can spend the extra €/$ its worth to get the river view especially at night time. I like where you can sit beside the window. Though the regular room is small, I think its still fine and worth it. The best room is the corner suite X10, the opposite side is not as great.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Dear BRAI79
Thank you very much for posting this review and also for being part of our Ambassador program. Your loyalty and multiple stays are much appreciated. Please let me know if you plan to visit Budapest in the near future.
With my very best regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Was here for a work conference, did not have the greatest rooms but the hotel location is fantastic on the river and next to the chain bridge. Walking distance from everything and a great breakfast. I can imagine that the rooms with a view must have been great.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Kriscruise
Thank you for the mixed review. We do hope that next time, we will be in position to offer you one of our rooms with great views of Danube.
With best regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I recently made another stay at the this hotel whilst on business in Budapest and again the quality of the hotel and standard of service was excellent.
Its location facing the river is perfect and its only 5 minutes walk from shops and restaurents (plus a few ladies seeking non-hungarians for fun - its just easier to tell them you are hungarian and they leave you alone)
Rooms are very comfortable especially the suite I was upgraded to this time and the restaurent for breakfast is a gourmets delight.
I came here from Sweden where for 180% of the price of the inter you can experience sleeping in the eqivilent of IKEA.
Overall I would reccommend this hotel for business or liesure and prices are very fair.

Room Tip: River views provide wonderful views of the parliament and chain bridge - especially at sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank emeles

Dear emeles,
Thank you for taking the time to post this positive review. You mentioned it all correctly! I just wish that you did not have to experience ladies approaching you in the city center. We have been working very hard, together with the city representatives, to ensure that such experiences do not happen as they ruin the reputation of the city. Thank you again for staying with us and i look forward to seeing you back soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed in a suite for 2 nights, and found out the first night that the bathroom sliding door was broken, make the long story short, the duty manager sent me a bottle of wine and a fruit plate as a gesture of apology, and fixed the problem the next day as he promised. The truth is that I don't mind sometimes find something minor problem with the room in a hotel like this level, as long as the staff listen to me and take care the problem seriously. I was happy that the intercontinental Budapest hold on to the standard of excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear DocvicTW
Thank you for your great review. I could not agree more with your statement. It is hardly avoidable for minor deficiences and normal wear and tear to happen but it is how the staff approaches the situation that makes the difference between average and great hotels. I am glad that we managed to resolve your issue very efficiently.
With my very best regards,