3,793 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgethe club loungebuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationfamous chainexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas marketbuda sidetram stopfour seasonsbeautiful cityfisherman's bastion
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Great hotel, in the centre of Budapest, with the greatest view of the Danube. We arrived at 7.30 in the morning and although we couldn't check in, we're offered a room with a view of the Danube at the 9th floor with an extra cost of 25 euro per night.
The agency that have booked me the hotel had booked room with a view at the street, and since 25 euros per night didn't seem so many we took it.
We entered the room, and slept for 4 hours and I could say that I was very satisfied with their attitude.
The only problem that I had were the matresses. Unfortunately they are old, and they made my back heart after a night's sleep.
The morning breakfast was excellent, and the whole experience is truly great.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view of the river. And ask for a better matress ...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
ICBudapestManagement, Executive Office at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear nassos
I fully agree with you that views from the room are exceptional and well worth of the upgrade supplement. Thank you for your great comment!!

Reviewed 27 October 2011

The staff were generally very helpful and pleasant, particularly the concierge. The hotel has lovely views, but the rooms and public areas are a little tired, and the gym facilities insufficient. The executive lounge was good for coffee etc. I would consider this hotel again, but I'd look around as well eg the Four Seasons around the corner, but that would be more expensive.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear AngusArmour
Thank you for your balanced feedback. We are happy that our staffed left a nice impression on you. We look forward to your return.
All the best,

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have not been back to Budapest in many years and have never stayed at this property however I do stay at InterContinental hotels while in Europe! First off the check in experience was fantastic, quick and efficient. The agent at the desk offered me room upgrade which came with a view. Best money I spent as I was on the 5th floor and my view was breathtaking of the chain bridge and all the sights on the Buda side of the river!
Once in my room I had realized I left my computers charger adapter back home in the states and was expecting to trek out after a very long flight in to have to find a computer shop to find a replacement; one call to the concierge desk took care of this, within 5 minutes there was a knock at my door and a charger was delivered.
Enough good compliments could not be paid to the concierges, I had dealings with many of the staff and each and every one could not have been more helpful. Offering suggestions on tours, food, and taking the time to ask the right questions and getting to know me and my tastes. Personally I think the hotel staff really made the stay complete.
Lastly it’s a little pricey but if you need a good massage after your flight in I highly recommend the spa, I did a 50 minute mixed Swedish and deep tissue which took care of all my aches and pains from 15 hours of flying. I have stayed at many Intercontinental properties around the world and hands down this one is now in my top 3 favorites, location, staff and amenities and security when traveling I find the little things really matter, they had it all. Travel agency where most of the tours picked up or started from right in the hotel right down to the fee free ATM to access cash! I am looking forward to my return visit in April and of course will be booking the InterContinental again!

Room Tip: If you have status try and get a room upgrade other wise pay the extra money for the river view you will be happy you did!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Seth G
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear Seth G
Thank you for taking the time to write such lenghty review. For a manager, there is no better reward than to get a positive review about the staff and their behaviour. With this in mind, i am most gratefull for these comments and i will surely pass them on to our team members. You mentioned that you would be back in town in the near future; please let me know once you have your itinirary confirmed and i will make sure that your experience in our hotel is no different than the one you just went through.
With my very best regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I usually don't pay the extra for the view in a hotel because I don't spend much time in the room. But in this case, we decided to eat in the room instead of going out because it's so nice. And we couldn't get ourselves to close the curtains to go to sleep.
Really nice hotel in a perfect location.
My only negative comment is the same as with most hotels: the noise !!! Especially the doors slamming in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear golgot1
Thank you for such a nice feedback. I really like your decision to choose in-room dinning and enjoy in the breathtaking view. I will also speak to our maintenance team with regards to the door closing. We will be erviewing all rooms individually over the next few weeks and that will be also our point of focus. With best regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed in Intercontinental for 2 weeks last year. The location is excellent, easy to walk around or to take the train. The service was good, had to pay for internet (bit steep!) though. The breakfast was sumptuous but didn't eat daily there (Budapest is not easy for a vegetarian!).
Plenty of restaurants, cafes and bars around. I had a good time even though I was there for work and not as a tourist :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Dear EasyNotCheap,
Thank you for your feedback and staying at our hotel. Please know that our Chefs would be happy to custom make your dishes for breakfast, lunch or dinner, according to your vegeterian needs. I look forward to hosting you in the future at InterContinental Budapest.