The hotel itself is typical of the hotel chain, the rooms fantastic (but you have to pay more to look at the Danube). The breakfast was very well presented, but it was COLD every day (we were there for 4 days and we got up early!!) A word of warning, there are many "ladies of the night" crawling around outside the hotel looking for business. Not very nice if you have children with you or a man on your arm, beware. Oh, and forget about Budapest being a cheap destination, it was very, very expensive. To get to city centre hop on the train at terminal one and buy a ticket 300HUF, will take you into the heart of the city. Do not go near a metro station without a ticket, the inspectors are scary and dont speak a word of english (but then again my Hungarian is zilch). We paid £40 for two salads and two small beers......... this I regard as expensive........ but do enjoy its a beautiful city, the people have yet to smile, but I am sure they will get there..eventually.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest