“Good hotel, fantastic location”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #29 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A very comfortable hotel in a great location - a stone's throw from Old Town. Breakfast was included and it was excellent. Lots of hot coffee, very good service and an nice selection of whatever you eat for breakfast - from eggs to miso soup. Rooms are spacious as is the bathroom. We were pleased to have an window that opened for fresh air while sleeping. Our only criticism was the charge for WiFi. We ended up going to the "English" pub across the street which had free WiFi. Later on we stayed at the Intercontinental in Prague and their WiFi was free for an hour at a time. We wondered about the inconsistency.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryle S
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Cheryle S,
thank you for placing your review. I am delighted to read that you found our hotel comfortable with a unique breakfast selection and spacious room and bathroom space. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group offers the benefit of free internet for Elite members and it will be available to all members in 2014. I do hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.
Claus Geisselmann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,570)

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I had to book a club room as the regular rooms were sold out and did not regret.
It was difficult to find a hotel if you arrive by metro but once you are there you know the way back.
This hotel is on unbeatable location overlooking the bridfe and the fortress.
My room was a kind of traditional style (interconti is more on that side) but wonderful. The views from my room and from the club lounge were spectacular.
Breakfast was great and the afteroon snacks delicious, especially the cakes. Once you have a glass of champagne and a meal, you sit by the window and you wish you never left! Amazing.
Also used the pool and spa and was surprised how nice it was.
The reason I did not give 5* was that staff did not speak good any of the foreign languages. They did not understand me in several occasions using English or German.
Rest was perfect!

I would recommend it to everyone especially to those who value the traditional luxury.

• Stayed: July 2013
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Ludwig70,
thank you very much for placing your review. I am happy that you did not regret, indeed enjoyed the Club Lounge facilities and that this experience has contributed to a memorable stay. I am happy to learn that the food selection in InterContinental Club exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you also found the SPA facilities surprisingly nice.
I hope that we can welcome you back in our hotel on your next trip to Budapest as well.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We traveled to Budapest Nov 2013. As always, we did our research which includes Tripadvisor and many other forums and sites. We learned about the city, sites to see and the must see museums. Once we arrived we were received with service, comfort and a great location. As most of us know, we research our destinations and sometimes reality and the research don’t align. Well, Budapest and specifically the Intercontinental Hotel aligned perfectly, plus exceeded our expectations for our trip. The staff was very attentive and helpful, however Robert at the front desk and Martin at the hotel Lounge were excellent and quick to advise and help at every moment.

The Hotel location allowed us to discover the city easily. The lobby view, breakfast view, hotel lounge and specifically room view were amazing to say the least. We enjoyed the city, but loved to fall asleep with the great view. If you are considering Budapest; we urge you to seriously consider this Hidden Jewel in Eastern Europe “Intercontinental Budapest”.

Room Tip: Make sure you select a River view room in a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear itmosnter,
thank you very much for sharing all your experiences regarding your trip to Budapest. I feel extremely glad learning that you found the Hidden Jewel of Eastern Europe! As you write you came well prepared and selected your accommodation carefully. It makes me proud that you have found the staff attentive and helpful and please rest assured I will forward your positive feedback. I am happy that the view, the breakfast selection and the Club Lounge services made your holiday even more enjoyable.
Looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel next time as well.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Super selection for home base while exploring Buda & Pest---all the usual comforts of InterContinental and great service from the staff. Rooms are large and comfortable---very good restaurant right in the hotel and many other restaurants a few steps away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cerchier
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Cerchier,
thank you for sharing your experiences about your last visit in Budapest. I am glad to hear our services and staff interaction met your expectations. I am happy that you enjoyed your meal in our Corso Restaurant.
Looking forward to seeing you back in our property.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our first time staying in an Intercontinental hotel and based on our 3 night stay it certainly won't be our last. We had the most spectacular views of the Danube, Royal Palace and Chain Bridge from our huge window and I am so thankful we paid the surprisingly minimal charge to upgrade to a river view room. The staff in their entirety were faultless in their helpfulness and service which really enhanced our stay. I stupidly forgot to pack some clothing when we returned and all it took was one email to the hotel and it is all being sent back to me free of charge which was a lovely surprise given that I was fully expecting to have to pay for my stupid mistake. One tip - if you book this hotel be sure to find a rate that includes breakfast because the charges for that are on the steep side which can leave a nasty taste in the mouth. £30 each for a full breakfast is ridiculously expensive in spite of the wealth of choice from the buffet so make sure you get it included! Other than that, absolutely perfect and two very happy customers here.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TravelBird007

Dear TravelBird007,
thank you for placing your thorough review. I am happy that you could enjoy the spectacular panorama from your window to the world heritage Buda Castle. It makes me feel glad that you found the service of the staff helpful and faultless and all in all you have spent an enjoyable time with us.
Hopefully we will welcome you back in our hotel again.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was my second trip to Budapest in as many years and my sister and I stayed here as part of a birthday celebration city break. We booked a club room and were greated with a personal check in at club level by the lovely Agnus.

On finding out we were celebrating my sister's birthday, Agnus made sure our trip was extra special, with cake in our room, a bottle of champagne waiting when we returned from sight seeing, and reservations to reccomended restaurants and tours all booked for us.

The hotel is in an excellent location and our room overlooked the Danube and the stunning Chain Bridge. The Club Access is a must and a wonderful way to bookend a long day of sight seeing, and the constant snacks are perfect if like us you are light lunchers. The breakfast in the main restuarant is American style, with live omelette stations as well as a buffet.

Thank you Angus and team for a wonderful stay- from now on we will never look to stay anywhere else in Budapest!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a club room if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mri M
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Mri M,
thank you for sharing your experience about your stay in InterContinental Budapest. I am very happy to learn that your birthday celebration city break became a wonderful stay in our hotel. I became delighted to learn that you have liked the Club Lounge facilities and with Agnes's personal service your stay became even more enjoyable and memorable. I will surely pass your words of praise to her. I look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel when you next visit Budapest.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our first experience staying in an Intercontinental Hotel. The hotel was outstanding!. The rooms were large, comfortable, clean, attractive. The bathroom was spotless and featured a large tub, shower, bidet and plenty of towels. Everything you hope for in an upscale hotel.
Staff was always pleasant and helpful. And the buffet breakfast was truly diverse, plentiful and very good. A truly impressive place to stay. Also, we loved Budapest.

Room Tip: We didn't request anything special but our room had a great view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear ll63,
thank you for sharing your review. I am really glad that you have chosen InterContinental for your stay in Budapest and especially that you have found our property outstanding. I am truly honouring your feedback about the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. It makes me feel joyful that you recall our staff as being always pleasant and helpful.
I do hope that we can welcome you again at IHG hotels in the near future.