I booked this hotel with a BA late deal and received exceptional value with breakfast included.
We paid extra to have a river view room and it was one of the best views I have ever had from a hotel window. In fact we didn't close the curtains so we could lay in bed and enjoy the view of the Chain Bridge which just happens to be a replica of the one in my home town of Marlow so it was very interesting. This hotel is in the best location, everywhere is walkable and you can't get lost. All the staff were a credit to the Intercontinental brand. Excellent breakfast choice, busy but never felt crowded and no queues at the freshly cooked station. The Concierge were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We went to the Gellert Spa one evening (when in Rome etc !)...... what a disappointment, a dismal place in my opinion with miserable, grumpy staff, so expensive just to sit in warm water and then have to pay extra for a towel when you get in, so after a 10 minute soak we walked back to the hotel to use the spa there. It is small but it has everything you need with the exception of a Jacuzzi, it is also free and we wished we hadn't paid £17 each at The Gellert. It was so relaxing and after a session in the superb steam room I felt very relaxed for an evening in the bar, enjoying a cocktail and again the views.Our bathroom was smaller than average for a hotel of this size but very clean, and a problem we had with shower head was fixed while we were at breakfast, full marks to maintenance.
OK, the building is not pretty and doesn't have a local atmosphere but if its a smooth experience you are after you cant go wrong at this superbly run hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest