“Danube Vista” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 340 Hotels in Budapest
Nottingham
“Danube Vista”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Four night City Break through Jet2 holidays,being November we decided that a top class hotel would be a safeguard lest the weather became severe. Excellent hotel, really helpful and friendly staff, especially the concierge desk staff who gave us great advice on sites to see and restaurants to try. The facilities are good with a swimming pool and gym; we did take a look at the facilities but found so much to see and do that we never found time to enjoy them which was a shame.
The location made sightseeing easy and the river views at night were well worth the modest additional charge for a river view. We'd certainly consider another visit, perhaps in the spring or summer as a contrast.
We booked taxi transfers online and were met at the airport and collected for our return exactly as promised; all in cost both ways €41.00.

Wat

Room Tip: Request river view
1 Thank Wat
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Wat,
I am glad that you have spent an enjoyable city break with us. It makes me feel especially proud to see that you found our staff really helpful, friendly and that you even highlight the great advices of our concierge team. I hope to welcome you back next year when I'm sure you will take a chance to find out more about the relaxing atmosphere of our Spa.
Claus Geisselmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

What a stunning view of the Danube from our room..and so beautiful after dark..rooms were very nice. Lively bar area in the lobby. Very good breakfast buffet. Would highly recommend the hotel staff from the doormen,front desk to housekeeping.

Room Tip: Any room with a view of the Danube
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear cdeal12,
thank you for placing your comment. I am very much pleased that you highly recommend our staff from all professional areas. I am glad that you have enjoyed your morning meal with us. I am looking forward to welcoming you back again for a breathtaking evening panorama from our windows.
Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked this hotel with a BA late deal and received exceptional value with breakfast included.
We paid extra to have a river view room and it was one of the best views I have ever had from a hotel window. In fact we didn't close the curtains so we could lay in bed and enjoy the view of the Chain Bridge which just happens to be a replica of the one in my home town of Marlow so it was very interesting. This hotel is in the best location, everywhere is walkable and you can't get lost. All the staff were a credit to the Intercontinental brand. Excellent breakfast choice, busy but never felt crowded and no queues at the freshly cooked station. The Concierge were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We went to the Gellert Spa one evening (when in Rome etc !)...... what a disappointment, a dismal place in my opinion with miserable, grumpy staff, so expensive just to sit in warm water and then have to pay extra for a towel when you get in, so after a 10 minute soak we walked back to the hotel to use the spa there. It is small but it has everything you need with the exception of a Jacuzzi, it is also free and we wished we hadn't paid £17 each at The Gellert. It was so relaxing and after a session in the superb steam room I felt very relaxed for an evening in the bar, enjoying a cocktail and again the views.Our bathroom was smaller than average for a hotel of this size but very clean, and a problem we had with shower head was fixed while we were at breakfast, full marks to maintenance.
OK, the building is not pretty and doesn't have a local atmosphere but if its a smooth experience you are after you cant go wrong at this superbly run hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room on the diagonal on the river side.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LWells2310
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear LWells2310,
thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. I feel honoured that you mention the staff is a credit to our brand and that nothing was too much trouble to the Concierge. I wish to express my solidarity to your inconvenience in the city spa - on the other hand I am just grateful to hear that the relaxation in our Spa InterContinental exceeded your expectations. I will forward your positive remarks about the smooth and efficient job done to my maintenance team manager. It makes me especially proud to learn that you have found our property as a superbly run hotel in the aggregate.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Yours sincerely,
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

A hotel that has excellent staff and service in a great location. Bonus was to be able to sit outside in the sunshine and have the wonderful view too. Breakfast was very good with a large selection of food. Special mention to the concierge team - they know everything!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view on a higher level floor.
Dear hedgehog90,
thank you very much for placing your review. I am happy to learn that you have found the staff excellent and even more our concierge team proved to be In The Know with their support throughout your stay. I very much hope that we can welcome you back to enjoy the wonderful view on the Danube and the Castle Hill in the near future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

A very comfortable hotel in a great location - a stone's throw from Old Town. Breakfast was included and it was excellent. Lots of hot coffee, very good service and an nice selection of whatever you eat for breakfast - from eggs to miso soup. Rooms are spacious as is the bathroom. We were pleased to have an window that opened for fresh air while sleeping. Our only criticism was the charge for WiFi. We ended up going to the "English" pub across the street which had free WiFi. Later on we stayed at the Intercontinental in Prague and their WiFi was free for an hour at a time. We wondered about the inconsistency.

2 Thank Cheryle S
Dear Cheryle S,
thank you for placing your review. I am delighted to read that you found our hotel comfortable with a unique breakfast selection and spacious room and bathroom space. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group offers the benefit of free internet for Elite members and it will be available to all members in 2014. I do hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I had to book a club room as the regular rooms were sold out and did not regret.
It was difficult to find a hotel if you arrive by metro but once you are there you know the way back.
This hotel is on unbeatable location overlooking the bridfe and the fortress.
My room was a kind of traditional style (interconti is more on that side) but wonderful. The views from my room and from the club lounge were spectacular.
Breakfast was great and the afteroon snacks delicious, especially the cakes. Once you have a glass of champagne and a meal, you sit by the window and you wish you never left! Amazing.
Also used the pool and spa and was surprised how nice it was.
The reason I did not give 5* was that staff did not speak good any of the foreign languages. They did not understand me in several occasions using English or German.
Rest was perfect!

I would recommend it to everyone especially to those who value the traditional luxury.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Ludwig70,
thank you very much for placing your review. I am happy that you did not regret, indeed enjoyed the Club Lounge facilities and that this experience has contributed to a memorable stay. I am happy to learn that the food selection in InterContinental Club exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you also found the SPA facilities surprisingly nice.
I hope that we can welcome you back in our hotel on your next trip to Budapest as well.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We traveled to Budapest Nov 2013. As always, we did our research which includes Tripadvisor and many other forums and sites. We learned about the city, sites to see and the must see museums. Once we arrived we were received with service, comfort and a great location. As most of us know, we research our destinations and sometimes reality and the research don’t align. Well, Budapest and specifically the Intercontinental Hotel aligned perfectly, plus exceeded our expectations for our trip. The staff was very attentive and helpful, however Robert at the front desk and Martin at the hotel Lounge were excellent and quick to advise and help at every moment.

The Hotel location allowed us to discover the city easily. The lobby view, breakfast view, hotel lounge and specifically room view were amazing to say the least. We enjoyed the city, but loved to fall asleep with the great view. If you are considering Budapest; we urge you to seriously consider this Hidden Jewel in Eastern Europe “Intercontinental Budapest”.

Room Tip: Make sure you select a River view room in a higher floor.
Dear itmosnter,
thank you very much for sharing all your experiences regarding your trip to Budapest. I feel extremely glad learning that you found the Hidden Jewel of Eastern Europe! As you write you came well prepared and selected your accommodation carefully. It makes me proud that you have found the staff attentive and helpful and please rest assured I will forward your positive feedback. I am happy that the view, the breakfast selection and the Club Lounge services made your holiday even more enjoyable.
Looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel next time as well.
Kind regards,