“great hotel - great location”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #28 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 December 2013

we loved staying at the interconti hotel. the staff was super nice & helpful, each request was handeled with a smile. The breakfast (which was included in the total price) is excellent, with lots of fresh fruits, good cafe (even a latte...) and more.
The location is the best: close to every spot by a walking distance.
We enjoyed the lovely view from the lobby and even Jazz shows that made great atmosphere.
We will be back :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear DrRoth,
thank you for placing your review. I am glad that you very much liked your overall experience in our property. It makes me feel very proud that you mark the staff super nice and helpful and especially that each and every request proved to be handled with a smile. I am happy that you found the breakfast and the location excellent and even more you took advantage and enjoyed our cozy and lively jazz evening performance.
All the best,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Budapest

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had a room with a magnificent view of the Danube. Do pay extra for that. The king-sized bed was a huge treat in Europe as was the comfy sofa, large desk, and cbs. Breakfast very good but massively expensive, however, we got it at an excellent price along with a big discount on the room by paying in advance. The location is very good. The tram that runs up the Danube is right outside the door. Closest metro 3 blocks away. Market Hall five minutes away by tram. Main xmas market 10 minute walk. BUT the wifi was off more than on which was very annoying. I could only get on it at 3 and 5 in the morning! This does not fly in this day and age. During the day I was able to use someone else's wifi , but the place apparently closed in the evening. Otherwise, great place to stay.

Room Tip: Pay for the view and pay 2 weeks in advance for steeply reduced room and breakfast costs.0
2  Thank yearbook1
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear yearbook1,
thank you for placing your review. I am glad to see that you draw attention to nearby attractions such as the market hall and the Christmas market. I regret to read that the wifi was not continuously available on your computer but I am happy that you found the view magnificent and that you recommend our hotel as a great place to stay.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Four of us stayed 3 nights , What a super hotel, can not find one word wrong. Food delicious, staff couldn't have been mor helpful at all times. Views of Buda and the Danube in the evening illuminations from the hotel are an added bonus.
jdm.rowthorne@btinternet.com

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear RedbrickJ,
I am happy that you enjoyed delicious food and recognized our staff as being most helpful. I am really becoming delighted when you write we are a super hotel and everything was satisfactory for you including the evening view to the illuminated city - as the cherry on the pie.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Centrally located close to all attractions in the city center. My room was very spacious. The lobby and other areas were also very nice. Great for couples and people who want to stay close to the center.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear aleahx,
thank you for placing your review. I am glad to read that noted our hotel being close to several nearby attractions. I am delighted to read that you found your room spacious and the lobby nice. I appreciate drawing the attention to our hotel for couples and for those looking for a lively downtown location with a relaxing atmosphere inside. Looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the next year.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights. It satisfied all our expectations. The hotel is the nearest one to the Danube, Castle, Basilica which means they are a hop away. There are nice hotels around. One main shopping street is also very near. Moreover since Christmas was approaching they set up small wooden shops near the large areas around shopping streets.It made a very warm atmosphere especially during evenings. In summary the hotel location is in the best place it can be. The hotel staff were great. The people at the concíerge were very friendly, speaking very clear English, trying to give their utmost help tirelessly. The city tour company is at the backside of the hotel which was a great help to take early tours. Breakfast was most satisfactory serving people from all regions around the world namely international The waiters were very polite and helpful. The room was very spacious overlooking the Danube. Who wouldn't like to have breakfast with a view of wonderful buildings on the other side of the river. One day I had to take an early trip and they prepared a satisfying breakfast box to have on the way. We enjoyed the free wifi with internet cards both in the lobby and in the rooms. I think that is the result of the criticism they received. I felt the secrecy from the reception desk while receiving these cards with the hush - don't tell anyone- gesture. The rooms were clean every day. Although the bathroom was alittle small for an executive room it was neat and satisfactory.The hotel was quiet and I witnessed no disturbance. The king bed was pretty comfortable with a nice mattress. The window frames were of the old style ones with alot of heat leakage to the outside cold during our stay. However this didnot create a problem since heating was ok. The price we paid was worth every penny for the service we received. I recommend Intercontinental Hotel Budapest to everyone who visits the city. Whenever I will travel to Budapest this hotel will be my choice again.

Room Tip: Choose the execeutive rooms that overlooks the Danube. It may cost alittle more but gives you more r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nkohen

Dear nkohen,
First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking your time sharing your opinion. I am glad that our hotel satisfied all your expectations. I like the nearby Christmas market mentioned which really provides a nice and unique selection of handmade handicraft products and authentic local dishes. I think it really worth to see. It makes me feel proud to read that you were touched by the friendliness of our Concierge Team, the easiness of tour organizing and that you found the breakfast satisfactory. I am delighted that you liked the room comfort and all related services.
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Budapest for your next stay as well. I am very much looking forward to a warm welcome back.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for three nights while touring Budapest. Great location for exploring the city. Fantastic views as mentioned in other reviews. Very helpful concierge desk. Disappointed that there is a charge for wifi internet use in room. Other hotels to check out which are very close are the Sofitel and Marriott, but you can't go wrong at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Jeff873,
Thank you very much for taking your time placing your review. I am very glad to read that you were fascinated by the location and the view of our hotel not to mention your comment on the helpful concierge desk. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group offers the benefit of free internet for Elite members and it will be available to all members in 2014. I am very proud to learn that you were satisfied with the overall stay experience and recommend our hotel as first choice among nearby ones.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Just spent three very nice nights in this lovely hotel. Great location and within walking distance of pretty much everywhere. Breakfast was a bit disappointing - ample buffet choice but most hot dishes presented tepid at best!
The biggest issue for me, and I guess most if not all business visitors, is that the hotel has no free wifi - come on Intercontinental, get in this century and keep up with the competition - you can even get free wifi on the 'hop-on-hop-off bus', (had to go to the nearby John Bull Pub to get e-mails), so you lost my bar trade!

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view and above the 4th floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Peter G,
Thank you very much for taking the time writing your comments. I am glad to see that you liked your overall experiences in our hotel. I am delighted to see that you find our hotel being lovely and well located. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group offers the benefit of free internet for Elite members and it will be available to all members in 2014. I very much hope for a warm welcome on your next visit to Budapest.