“Excellent service, lovely rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Budapest

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #22 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent service, lovely rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a marvellous stay, terrific location right on the Danube. Superb service, for example, one of our friends injured her foot in the street, and the staff were there immediately to care for her. Certainly this hotel maintained the Intercontinental reputation!

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side have spectacular views to the Castle Hill and the Chain Bridge
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Alastairbjs,
thank you very much for your comment. I am very happy that you have had a gorgeous stay in Budapest and in our hotel. I regret that your friend had an injury during your trip on the other hand I am happy that we had the chance to show you our natural way of care.
Very much looking forward to a warm welcome in the near future.
Claus Geisselmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I just came back from Budapest. I stayed three nights overthere. I had a river view room. Night view of castle hill and chain bridge from hotel room was simply fantastic. Perfect location, polite staff, very good breakfast - overall very nice atmosphere. A man in reception also offered me free WiFi; that was really great.

Rooms are not perfectly soundproof. I could easily hear noise from next room; that was sometimes really annoying.

Room Tip: A castle view room without a connection door to the next room (just to avoid noise from next room).
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Rozana F,
thank you for taking your time for your valuable review. We are happy to see your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with our fantastic view, hotel location and that you found the staff polite and enjoyed your meal in a nice atmosphere.
I am looking forward to the next occasion welcoming you back to our hotel.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived late at night expecting as booked a double deluxe smoking room with river view, on arrival to the over cluttered lobby was offered a standard twin non smoking room overlooking office block to the rear!!! How wrong can one hotel get! The guy on reception was polite enough and offered us free wifi! Which at least helped us get in touch with BA who moved us promptly first next morning to the meridian which exceeded all expectations.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Kim C
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Kim C,
thank you very much for taking your time sharing this valuable feedback. I would like to ensure you that all reservations are checked prior to arrival. I truly regret that you were disappointed at your last experience.
I hope and look forward to a smooth welcome next time in our hotel.
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Great check in... Lovely room... Had a great NYE party in the hotel... The rooms were well serviced and great all round staff... A lady by the name of Timi was extremely helpful with our last NYE reservation... Adrian in the hotel bar area was excellent... Will fully recommend ...

Room Tip: Take a river view as I am sure it will be great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert S
Dear Robert S,
thank you for placing your comment. I am really happy that your New Year's Eve celebration was a remarkable one in our hotel. I am glad to see that you recall our hotel well serviced and the staff great. I am especially proud that Timi and Adrian could make your stay even more memorable and valuable, I will pass on your words of praise to them.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in 2014 soon.
Ceredigion, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at this great hotel from 28th December - 2nd Jan. Check in was really friendly and efficient. We were given a nice room over looking the city not the river. (841) The room was spotless, lovely comfortable bed with amazing pillows. The best nights sleep I've had in ages!
Bathroom was great with a nice deep bath to wallow in, and an overhead shower. I could not fault a single thing.
The hotel could not be situated in a better location to be honest. Every place that you would wish to visit in the city is within walking distance. For us this lovely hotel was perfect and we will defiantly stay here again next time we return to Budapest.
Just one word of caution, prices in the bar are a little steep, I was charged 5200HUF the equivalent of £14.50 for a Hendricks and tonic!! (It was a very good one though!)

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a river view as it's stunning!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil1957
Dear Phil1957,
thank you very much for putting your review on the site. I am very pleased that you had a great time in our hotel and especially that you mention having had a friendly and efficient check-in. It really makes me delighted that you have had one of your best sleeping experience in the comfortable bed & the amazing pillows and also that you liked the bathroom.
I am very much looking forward to comforting you on your next visit to Budapest.
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

As can be expected, this hotel is very elegant and overall really nice. We greatly enjoyed our stay here, not just because of the location and hotel itself, but the staff really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We've also stayed at the Le Meridien, and as far as the 5 star hotels are concerned, I would recommend the Intercontinental more because the service is just top notch. Perfect place to enjoy Budapest!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Jackie M,
I am pleased to read your review and to see that you recall our hotel as being very elegant and overall very nice. I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay here and the interactions with our staff. It is really a cherry on the pie for me that we won you for recommending us compared to another hotel you have previously stayed at.
I would be really glad to welcome you again to InterContinental Budapest.
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'm sure we must have been given the best room in the hotel -- room 916. This room is huge and it has a fabulous picture window view of the Danube river and all of iconic sites on the Buda side of the river. The view was so beautiful I didn't want to close the draperies at night. It's a great location too; a short walk across the chain bridge takes you over to the Buda side. The Intercontinental was within blocks of two of the Christmas Markets - St Stephan's square and Vorosmarty square. The breakfast buffet was beautifully laid with items of interest to many cultures - even miso soup. Because we were leaving so early in the morning, the kitchen made up food to go in a box and the boxes were waiting for us at the reception desk. All of the staff members were super friendly and helpful and our wonderful experience at the Intercontinental helped to make Budapest a new favorite city.

Room Tip: Book a high room with a river view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank takeflight99
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear takeflight99,
thank you very much for taking your time placing your review. The flowing joy from your words shines brightly. I am really happy that you have found the view so fabulous that you even kept the draperies open to see the illuminated city picture in the night. I am delighted that we could make your early morning departure even more comfortable with the take-away box breakfast. It makes me very proud to hear that you found the hotel staff super friendly and helpful and that Budapest has become a new favourite city of yours, too.
Kind regards,