InterContinental Budapest
US$135
US$120
  • Breakfast included
3,624 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgeclub accessbuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationlit up at nightexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas markettram stopbuda sidefour seasonsbeautiful cityhop on hop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I agree with previous reviews about location - the river view from the front of the hotel is stunning, especially at night. It also also convenient for walking to several of the main attractions. Additionally we found the rooms luxurious and comfortable. The hotel staff were also helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 230Helen
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear 230Helen,
thank you for writing your review. I am pleased to read your comment on the stunning river view. I am delighted to hear that you found the room luxurious and comfortable and also the staff helpful & friendly. I hope we can be hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband treated me to 4 nights for my birthday. As there are many points I will go through them individually. But before I do there is an issue with getting static shocks in the lifts, which are painful

Staff: Very friendly, polite and efficient. Can not fault the service.

Breakfast: A fantastic range of food. I really enjoyed it.

Spa: The therapists are good, friendly and we received a good massage. A little disappointed with the service received after the treatment. In most places we are offered hot drinks, water etc something which I feel lacked here. There were hot drinks however we weren't offered therefore unsure whether we could help ourselves.

Room: We had a fantastic view, a large clean room. HOWEVER! In comparison to other Intercontinental hotels especially we have stayed in for example InterContinental Park Lane the bathrooms were small and the rooms in general lacked the x factor to other InterContinental hotels. I felt that the lobby and bar were to expectations yet the rooms felt slightly dated. I can't put ny finger on it but the rooms were not to my expectations.

Overall we did enjoy our stay. The location is amazing you can walk to almost anywhere in the city center! I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bebusbhu

Dear bebusbhu,
thank you very much for taking your time writing your comment and sharing your experience throughout your stay in our hotel. All your feedback is most appreciated and valuable for us since we are continuously working on making our hotel experiences being the most enjoyable ones to our guests. I am really glad that it was a memorable birthday experience due to a friendly, polite and efficient service. I am very happy that you easily could get into the move regarding sightseeing from our amazing location and I am very excited about the next occasion hosting you again in our hotel.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Prime location, in one word RIVERVIEW RIVERVIEW RIVERVIEW. No point staying up at Fisherman's Bastion area, as the scenic view is of the Bastion, not being in the area itself.when you can't see from area ofIntercontinental.

Nine story building, set back 20m or so from Danube, and about 75m from Chain bridge. The Danube view side rooms are angled at 30degrees, so aswell as easy to look directly across the river at the Royal Palace, it is so easy to look out down the Danube to the Chain Bridge and even much further.

Actually at night one looks up right at the illuminated Fisherman's Bastion and Church, which is lit until 01.00 AM. I slept with curtains open due to the lovely view

Hotel is everything you expect from an Intercontinental, great rooms, comfortable beds/pillows, friendly helpful staff in all areas, and exceptional service in the Club Lounge which i definitely can recommend upgrading to, especially for couples. Some very nice lounge food and really nice sparkling Hungarian wine in the evening and beng the corner of hotel by Danube/Bridge excellent views again.

Found my room on the smaller side, but I mainly use to sleep so no issue in effect, and I have same size feeling in some other major European cities like Amsterdam, Paris, London regards room sizes.

Number 16 Bus for .50 euro every 6minutes is only 150m from hotel to go upto Fisherman's Bastion across Chain Bridge. on way back stop is closer only 50m away.

Nice ground floor bar, just had a local beer one night, and restaurant breakfast had loads of choice, including made to order omelets etc. After first morning I preferred quieter lounge breakfast with the great view.
At weekends they lay on entertainment, eg singer with piano at the bar area.

Limited TV channels here though, probably throughout Budapest (Hilton was similar) as only 2x English language Channels, CBS Drama & CBS Action channels, alas old reruns, recommend you bring some DVD's !
If you want sport TV (football), the John Bull Pub is right opposite and has Sky sports channels and some reasonable food.

Waliking to center of Budapest is so easy, shopping, restaurants, basillica etc etc, 10-15 minutes to anywhere really, and taxi's are available if raining. Yellow Taxi back to airport cost 7800 Huf (26 euro) in zero traffic, you can prebook internet for 20 Euro but not worth losing flexibility on leaving time over 6 euros, but I do recommend an internet pre-booking for arrival taxi from airport to city for 22euro.

Room Tip: Danube View, at hotel end nearest Chain Bridge. Purchase Club Lounge upgrade too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank scuba_in_the_sun
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear scuba_in_the_sun,
First of all let me thank you taking your time writing such a thorough review. I am pleased by the drawing of the surrounding panorama which is really a unique experience from our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the comfort of the rooms and the exceptional service provided by our Club Lounge team. I am delighted that you were amused by the entertaining music and found a variety of choices form the food selection we offer. I am very much looking forward to the next occasion hosting you.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is probably the best-located hotel in Budapest, at the chain bridge on the Pest side. The service from the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

The prostitutes outside of the hotel can be annoying but I guess this isn't the hotel's fault.

Next time I am in Budapest I will look to stay here if I feel like staying in an international chain hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear NorthernCDNTraveller,
first of all thank you for placing your review. I am glad that you were satisfied with the hotel services especially that you mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk team. It is great to see that you recall the hotel's location as being best, close to the Chain Bridge. I am looking forward to the next time welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed 4 nights at this great hotel. Very good service , friendly staff, excellent river view room, good location enabling us to walk to all the major city sights which enhanced our visit to this city.
Very good breakfast and bar service was top notch. If we return will look to stay at this hotel and compared to London hotel prices this was unbeatable

Room Tip: Views from the 6th floor of the Danube and the Castle Hill are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael S
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Michael S,
Thank you for staying with us four nights and writing your comment. I am happy that you met a good service by a friendly staff and found the location and view excellent. I am very proud to hear that you took advantage of our Corso Bar and found the service top notch. I am gladly looking forward to your next visit in InterContinental Budapest.