I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel Budapest for 12 nights and would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Budapest, for a hassle free and relaxing stay.
The location of the hotel is prime; right on the banks of the river. If you could get a room with a river view I imagine it would be quite superb. The hotel is opposite a tram stop (I can’t be more specific as to which one!) which provides access to the suburb areas which aren’t as easily accessible by foot.
My stay was with business, but at the weekend I endeavoured in the usual tourist activity and managed to do everything by foot. The Szechenyi Chain Bridge is a one minute walk providing easy access to the East where you can ride the Funicular railway to Buda Castle (access in 30 minutes). On the Western side, I walked as far as the Heroes’ Square which again took approximately 30 minutes.
The hotel rooms are spacious; the bed is very comfortable and the standard of cleanliness and housekeeping is high. It was a relaxing stay and the ambience of the rooms made you feel at home.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and had good knowledge of the city, subsequently being able to provide recommendations for things to do and restaurants to visit.
I had breakfast most days at the hotel as well as room service a couple of times and can have no complaints – the breakfast was particularly good with a large selection.
Overall, I’d recommend and wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again should I visit Budapest in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest