We walked out of the hotel to try the public transport. We thought we'd go somewhere, anywhere for say 30 minutes or so, get off, have a wander round and come back again. We got on the bus, I cancelled 2 tickets for the No 2 tram and after 3 or 4 minutes it stopped and reversed direction. This happens in other cities so I wasn't concerned, I didn't realise it was "the end of the route - why would I ? We were shortly arrested for not having valid tickets - I protested that we had only been on the bus for 10 minutes and had not got off it at all, that my tickets were valid and we had every intention of paying for our return journey. We were marched off to a cash dispenser where we parted company with 40 Euros each. If you really want to go to Budapest, this hotel's good - there must be nicer places in the world to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest