“Fantastic stay”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #29 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was our second time staying in this hotel and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Budapest. The staff could not have been more helpful and polite. Nothing was too much bother. We had a room with a river view which was amazing. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a large selection and the restaurant in the evening was very good. We look forward to returning to this beautiful hotel and city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry C
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Terry C,
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am much pleased to read that you are choosing InterContinental Budapest for your city break for the second time being satisfied with the staff attitude, the room on the riverside to enjoy and not to forget about the abundant choice of breakfast. I hope to be providing a recurrently warm welcome in the near future.
Claus Geisselmann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,571)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent a 4 night break here in March. Worth paying for a river view room on the 8th floor which has a window spanning the width of the room. Magnificent night vista with bridges and castle lit up until the early hours.

Five star customer service. Breakfast and evening meals superb.

Room Tip: 8th floor river view at Chain bridge end
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lyndael78,
thank you very much for writing your review. I am much pleased that you found InterContinental Budapest a highly recommendable hotel. I am glad that you took note of your four night city break enjoying the truly magnificent view and our customer service. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

First of all the location of this hotel is great.
The room was very nice, not too small and very cozy.
We took the room with the view to the river and it worst any euro we added - it was great to take a bottle of wine, seat near the window and look on the river.
The breakfast was very varied, and all the food was very tasty.
The spa was also good.

Room Tip: Take the room with the river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ele4eg,
I wish to say thank you for taking your time writing your comment. I am much pleased that you enjoyed the room facilities on the Danube view side relaxing with a bottle of wine and just let time go by while watching the surrounding world heritage panorama . I am glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and took advantage of our Spa facilities inclusive of swimming pool, sauna, steam, fitness gym and available massage treatments. I hope to be welcoming you on your next trip to Budapest.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am a frequent traveler, hence I am Ambassador priority member. This is not my first time in Budapest, but my first time at the Intercontinental.

The hotel is located on the river and convenient location. The hotel lobby is ok. The reception staff however don't understand customer service. As an Ambassador Priority member I always receive a concierge lounge access. When I asked the front desk about the access, as off I asked for something that made him mad ( red head guy). He was very rude and said that I got the river view upgrade and I am asking for too much? Maybe it's a language barrier.

The room view is fantastic. The welcome fruit was so old and dry that we had to throw it away.
The room itself is somewhat dated, not bad but not great.

I will not stay there again and go back to The Marriott, just few feet away where they welcome me with a smile.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view but be ready to pay extra €70 euro.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Winekottt

Dear Winekottt,
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable customer's feedback. I read with regret your experience which can obviously be a communication barrier. However as per Ambassador membership terms and conditions the benefit of an Ambassador is one level higher room category upgrade on the booked room type and not the Club Lounge access. On the other hand I hope you enjoyed your stay and with confidence I look forward to the chance welcoming you in our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We walked out of the hotel to try the public transport. We thought we'd go somewhere, anywhere for say 30 minutes or so, get off, have a wander round and come back again. We got on the bus, I cancelled 2 tickets for the No 2 tram and after 3 or 4 minutes it stopped and reversed direction. This happens in other cities so I wasn't concerned, I didn't realise it was "the end of the route - why would I ? We were shortly arrested for not having valid tickets - I protested that we had only been on the bus for 10 minutes and had not got off it at all, that my tickets were valid and we had every intention of paying for our return journey. We were marched off to a cash dispenser where we parted company with 40 Euros each. If you really want to go to Budapest, this hotel's good - there must be nicer places in the world to visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Steve M,
Thank you very much for writing your comment. I read with regret about your city public transportation experience. On the other hand I feel honoured that you found the hotel services up to your satisfaction. I hope that you collected pleasant memories among your companion when being on spot of the capital's many attractions and by time these will appear stronger. With confidence I look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had a fantastic 4 days in Budapest staying at the Intercontinental which is right next to Chain Bridge offering great views of the river and close to all other major attractions. We didn't bother paying extra for a river view as we were only staying a few nights but were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of what we missed one evening when the room opposite opened their door and we saw a great view of Chain Bridge which was lit up by now. The reception staff were very welcoming and our room clean and tidy. Breakfast was very good and we were lucky enough to sit right next to the window and enjoy the river view we didn't get from our room. The weather on our 4 day trip was glorious, warm and sunny with warm evenings as well. We did the usual tourist things making the most of the hop on hop off buses which also included a river trip and a tour around Budapest by night. Probably worth the money as it made it so easy to get around and you can get information about what you are seeing via headsets. Budapest is very clean and a great place to spend a few days. Staying at the Intercontinental was a definite bonus.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are fine but you will need to pay extra for a river view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CamberleySheila

Dear CamberleySheila,
Thank you very much for taking your time writing about your four-night stay in our hotel. I am much pleased about your note between the comparison of room view since I believe it is really one of the most adorable and powerful experiences that can be added to one's stay to make it a remarkable one. I am glad that you found a convenient and efficient way of sightseeing in the capital of Hungary. Reading that your choice staying at InterContinetal was a definine bonus is the most likeable comment for me. I definitely look forward to your return in the future - if I can say don't miss the magical Danube view experience from your room window...

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Hotel is located on the Pest side facing the Budapest Cadtle and Duna river. We had booked two rooms, both had a river and castle view. Later in the evening used their bar/restaurant for coffee and deserts, very good service and deserts.

Room Tip: Request a room with the river and castle view. It may cost a bit extra, but worth the price.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shujaul B

Dear Shujaul B,
thank you very much for spending two nights at InterContinental Budapest and writing your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the panorama overlooking the river Danube and the Buda Castle. Thank you for taking advantage of the wide selection of the Corso Restaurant and Bar. I hope to be welcoming you on your next return to Hungary.