“Gorgeous view of Danube River and the Chain Bridge”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #27 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for the F1 weekend. Luckily, I stumbled on Bennie Ecclestone in the lift. I asked for a room with a good view Danube River and the Chain Bridge. I got it. Check in was quick and I managed to get a room straight away even though I arrived at about 10am. The restaurant downstairs facing the river is simply gorgeous. Live music at night and great food and lovely service. The salmon meal was the best I've ever had. The hotel is nicely located close to malls, shops and night life. When I come back to Budapest I'm staying here. No second thoughts.

Room Tip: Get a corner room if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kkn889
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear kkn889,
thank you very much for placing your reveiw about your summer experience. I read with delight that your check-in went smooth, you found the restaurant gorgeous, the live music great and the service lovely. I would be more than happy welcoming you to InterContinental Budapest on your next visit to this fascinating city.
Claus Geisselmann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,509)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great hotel in a perfect location to explore on foot. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite which sounds like quite a common occurrence. The view of the royal Palace and chain link bridge were fantastic from the room.

The hotel was clean and modern. Mini bar prices were a rip off (as per usual). And there is a free internet option, however, it did drop out quite often so I was continually logging back in - but hey, it was free.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris H,
Thank you very much for writing your comment. I am much pleased that you were satisfied with your spacious suite overlooking to the gorgeous panorama of the Buda Castle and Chain Bridge. I am happy that you found the staff very friendly and helpful such as the hotel clean. I look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you again.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for a week and the service was second to none, friendly staff, impeccable decor and simply fabulous. Read a couple of reviews on here that suggested getting the river view upgrade and so followed suit and boy was it worth it! Our view was amazing, the Danube and the Castle directly in front of us was an absolute joy to wake up to and see last thing at night.
The hotel is perfectly situated on the banks of the Danube.
The breakfast buffet every morning was superb, freshly made and every possible combination possible. The wait staff were very attentive and polite. The pool and sauna were lovely and the late night gym facility was also greatly appreciated

CONS:
My only issues is that my partner and I without fail got electric shocks whenever we used the elevator, for absolutely no reason this happened all the time! My only major issue with the hotel was that I was charged twice for the room upgrade but when I informed the hotel staff they were very quick to cancel the charge when they realized their mistake.

Room Tip: If available ALWAYS opt for a River View Room - it is worth every penny
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra N

Dear Sandra N,
I wish to say thank you for your pros & cons in your comment. Although our aim is to provide perfect atmosphere and treatment I keep it at high importance to hear the true experience of our guests. All your feedback is much appreciated and I am delighted that you had many things to enjoy from the worthwhile river view to the restaurant, spa facilities and the interaction with the staff. I wish to welcome you again on your next trip to Budapest.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Centrally located, this hotel is in the Pest business district, but rooms on the Danube River side have spectacular views of Buda's old world castles and bridges. The breakfast buffet is enormous and filled with something for every palate. Internet service is good (but expensive for the fastest connection). I stay in a lot of hotels, but this hotel exceeded my expectations. I was able to walk to business meetings and the hotel had all of the amenities required for a working stay, yet the room was so beautiful and with such a great view that I felt like I was on vacation. This was my third trip to Budapest and I will definitely stay here next time rather than the other two hotels I previously stayed at.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Danube River. Well worth the extra price.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear born2bwild,
I wish to say thank you for writing about your memories collected in Budapest. I see how the pure beauty of this unique area of the city enchanted you. I am much pleased that the services provided in InterContinental Budapest exceeded your expectations and I am very much excited about welcoming you again on your next visit.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our first stay at the InterContinental Budapest has been a real joy. The staff was very kind and eager to help. We got the ambassador upgrade to the river view suite, and the river view is spectacular (the hotel is right on the river... you could jump and swim in the Danube). Breakfast buffet is really high quality, not your typical hotel kitchen collection. Water comes in glass bottles. Very quiet and relaxing spa. Sleeping was easy because you can't hear any sounds from the street or adjoining rooms. Cleaning staff comes around twice a day to keep you comfy. Oh, and location is the best in the city (in the new city, anyway). You can walk anywhere. Baby crib was new and good quality, our little one slept better than at home.
I could go on but you get the point. Every detail is taken care of here. :-)

Room Tip: River view suite is worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tzvika B
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Tzvika B,
I much appreciate your comments written. I am much pleased that you met a staff as being eager to help and to keep you comfy. I am happy that you found the room soundproof and your little baby had a nice sleep in the quality baby crib. I would be delighted to host you again at InterContinental Budapest on your next trip to Hungary.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was our second time staying in this hotel and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Budapest. The staff could not have been more helpful and polite. Nothing was too much bother. We had a room with a river view which was amazing. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a large selection and the restaurant in the evening was very good. We look forward to returning to this beautiful hotel and city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry C
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Terry C,
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am much pleased to read that you are choosing InterContinental Budapest for your city break for the second time being satisfied with the staff attitude, the room on the riverside to enjoy and not to forget about the abundant choice of breakfast. I hope to be providing a recurrently warm welcome in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent a 4 night break here in March. Worth paying for a river view room on the 8th floor which has a window spanning the width of the room. Magnificent night vista with bridges and castle lit up until the early hours.

Five star customer service. Breakfast and evening meals superb.

Room Tip: 8th floor river view at Chain bridge end
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lyndael78,
thank you very much for writing your review. I am much pleased that you found InterContinental Budapest a highly recommendable hotel. I am glad that you took note of your four night city break enjoying the truly magnificent view and our customer service. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards,