Stayed here for a week for a business trip and then a little sightseeing on the weekend. Budapest is a beautiful city with great restaurants and this hotel gives you some of the best views available provided that you get a river view. The other side faces another hotel so not much of a view. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The bed is super comfortable and rooms also have a small sofa in them. I visited the fitness center a couple of times. It is small, but not crowded at all. It has a beautiful view of the river also, but people can also see you running from below - a little weird. The hotel is a little pricey, but it is very nice. There are other hotels in the area, but I'm not sure of their pricing. Join their frequent guest club and maybe get a free upgrade to a river view room.
The hotel has a very centralized location. You can walk across the bridge to the castle and also walk to many other Budapest landmarks. It is in a "tourist" zone so prices are inflated at nearby restaurants, but that is to be expected. We also took a boat tour to on the river that was very nice and could take you to the island which looks great for running and just relaxing. Also within walking distance are many local bars and nightlife, probably about a 10 minute walk. Locals were friendly and helpful, but once you get to the less tourist areas, you will defnitely need your hungarian-english dictionary. There are also casinos aplenty nearby/next door. I didn't visit, but many of my colleagues did and had a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest