“Good location as a base to explore the city”

Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel
Ranked #107 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Edinburgh
“Good location as a base to explore the city”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel isn't right in the centre of Pest but it is walking distance down to the Danube or across the town. It is also relatively close to a couple of the hop-on-hop-off tourist bus stops.
Room was quite small but clean and adequate for our needs. The shower had great water pressure but the space was small and difficult to stop water going everywhere.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

1 Thank KitKat68
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear KitKat68,
Thank you for your comment. As you mentioned, the hotel has a fantastic location, less than 5 minutes, you are in the pedestrian shopping area of the city center. We are proud that you were satisfied with our helpful colleagues. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently enjoyed a break in Budapest, this hotel is well located for all you need, all the touristy things etc,, but away from all the city centre bustle, for when you need some quiet times. There are loads of good quality bars and restaurants on the doorstep
The hotel is clean, modern with reasonably well appointed rooms, the reception staff are attentive and helpful. didn't sample the food so can't comment. Nice pool. Well worth a try

Dear Mike T,
We were so pleased to read your feedback. It is lovely to hear that our guests could take advantage of our optimal location in the center of Budapest. We are more than happy that you were satisfied with our hotel and services and especially with our staff. Your valuable words were a real recognition of our every day effort. We really look forward to welcome you again soon.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel have all you need. Good location, nice breakfast, fresh room.
Its location is very near the bridge over to Gellerts spa & Hotel and the market is just around the corner. Vaci Utca is also very near ( the shopping street ).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Johan S
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Johan S,
We would like to thank you for your comments following your recent stay in Mercure Korona. We are happy to read that you were satisfied with our hotel and services and we hope to welcome you again.
Blackburn
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I sometimes wonder at the very low ratings people give hotels. We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Mercure Korona and found yit a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Our room was spacious, warm and comfortable and nothing like some of the more negative reviews.
Breakfast was typical continental fare with a large selection of fruit, cereals, eggs, meats and cheeses and despite there being a large number of guests, we always found a vacant table.
A special word about the staff, again, contrary to some comments,we found all of the people we dealt with, without exception, to be friendly, polite and very helpful. For example, my wife was sat looking at a map of the tour buses at breakfast and one of the staff came over and offered to help and explained the easiest way to get to where the tour buses started from. On another occasion, a very helpful young lady on reception, booked, on line for us, a tour of the parliament building.
To summarise then, 4 stars for the hotel and 5 stars for the staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham H
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Graham H,
Thank you for your appreciative words. We are sure it is valuable for other client when checking accomodation possibilities in Budapest. We are extraordinary happy that the service provided by our staff was pleasant for you as we belive that the staff is the core of an excellent hotel experience. We keep on providing the same high quality level of service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Budapest Korona soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spend 4 nights on this hotel for business. I was given a room with two small beds, even though they knew I was travelling alone. Walls are very thin and I was constantly waken up by noisy neighbors. Daily cleaning service was on-time, but one day they forgot to clean the toilet.
The restaurant food is expensive and choices are limited.
This is a big hotel, but if you want to workout, you need to walk few blocks for about 20 minutes to a contracted fitness center. Daily breakfast is included, but the quality is bad, specially the orange juice and coffee, unless you get the opportunity to have a privileged breakfast on the second floor. The location of this hotel is perfect, because is located in the city center and close to most attractions.
I was quoted 63 euros at the time of reservation, but after I checked out I noticed I was charged 83 euros per night.

Room Tip: My friend received an upgraded penthouse on the 3rd floor. The room was good but it stinky from heav...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bobby H,
Thank you for your detailed comments. We appreciate your positive feedback on the location of the hotel, situated in the heart of the city. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, please allow me to express my apologies. Thank you once again for having given us information on your experience in Mercure Budapest Korona. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a clean, friendly hotel with an underground entrance right outside down some steps. The tram stop is a mere one minute walk further on. The privilege rooms are the ones to go for, quieter and give you access to a quieter breakfast bridge with great views over the large square outside. Rooms are spacious, tea/coffee making facilities, great bathroom accessories, bathrobe, slippers - toiletries replenished daily. Room safe. Bath and shower. Staff are so helpful even when busy. The bar has a wow factor, you'll see when you get there! Loved our stay here and would highly recommend the Mercure Budapest Korona.

Room Tip: Go for a Privilege room, well worth it!
2 Thank Carole123206
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Carole123206,
We were so pleased to read your feedback. It is lovely to hear that our guests could take advantage of our optimal location in the center of Budapest. It's a special pleasure for us that you appreciated our modern, trendy MyBar with our helpful colleagues. We really do hope to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on photoes and reviews, but turn out I was crying on the lobby and can not stop my angry. We been stayed in a room which is called loft which no area u can stand up properly in the room, double bed which is just a little big than single size, quilts been given are two small single size.
I made complaint first date to reception and willing to get refund. Duty manager can not change the room for us due to fully booked but promised us will check every date for us, plus offered me free drink and taxi to airport( which not that important to me and I did not take it ). I just wait and wait for room change, no one call my room to ask how is everthing or the new room is ready for you.I start crying and went down to reception again at 830pm on third night. I am sure I will checked out if they not willing to change room for me and I been confirmed room already for that night with other hotel. Finally they changed room for me, but how you will felt that date they have 15 rooms vacant and no one call you until you cry. Dealing with their staff is like politic war, such as they will nice to say you should let us know ( sounds like my falut did not express I want change room every date), I am sorry but this is the only room vacant (but have 15rooms), after my request to change room they will still said I think what you need is one free breakfast not change the rooms(seems like you take one free breakfast, so you not entitle to change room any more). We have so many different type of rooms which we can not display photoes each of them ( I am sure you display photoes of large room and trying to charge more rate on them, then why not display this type of rooms on website)
I paid $89 euro each night and made myself crying.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mindaiwu
Dear Mindaiwu,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations, please allow me to express our sincerest apologies. Please remain assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.