We stayed for two nights in the hotel which is situated right in the centre, a stones throw from the river. Parking is available in the basement but make sure you pre-book. As it is difficult to find it is better to park nearby and go to reception and one of the staff will come with you in your car to guide you. There is a lift from the basement.
The room is small, more the size of an Ibis, but is very clean and has tea and coffee making facilities. The WIFI worked fine in the room and there was BBC and CNN on the TV. The bathroom was fine but the towels were very, very thin. Towels appear to be a serious problem for Accor all over Europe and is something that should be addressed by management.
Breakfast was one of the best we had on the trip in an large room with an extraordinary range of food and very attentive staff. I asked for fried eggs on both days and they were promptly produced and were excellent.
Front desk will organise tours. We would recommend the city tour and the Opera Dinner Show on the Danube is very good value. The Parliament building (not to be missed) is within an easy walk and the entry ticket gives you a guided tour.
Budapest is a lovely city and the Budapest Mercure City Central is good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mid-scale hotel for business trips or leisure New, freshly designed rooms are available. Experience the taste of the city from your room. Feel the touch of Downtown Budapest in one of the freshly designed rooms. You will enjoy being in the heart of the historical and business center of Budapest at Mercure Budapest City Center Hotel in Váci Street. The River Danube, museums, stylish restaurants and famous baths are within an easy reach. We offer free WiFi throughout the hotel and an Internet corner at the bar. You can choose from Privilege or Suites next to the standard rooms to ensure your full comfort. It is a straight road from the airport to the hotel and limited onsite parking is possible. Váci street, Vörösmarty square, UNESCO world heritage sights like the banks of the River Danube and Andrássy Avenue are at your feet. Benefit from the hotel central location and let us provide you with any information you might need during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Budapest City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Budapest City Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest City Center