“Above Average Accomodation in Budapest”
Review of Benczur Hotel

Benczur Hotel
Ranked #161 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here as part of a Conference group. The rate was good for room and meals included. We stayed in a Superior Room and it was very pleasant. Staff were helpful when required and there were no complaints or unwanted surprises. Just a short walk from Heroes Square and the Public Baths.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank therealnickpark

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was an excellent hotel in a quiet location although only 5 minutes walk from Heroes Square as well as the Metro and other public transport.
Breakfast very good and plentiful. Room was above average. Highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Plum1956
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel is situated in a very nice area - quiet, central and near to an M1 (Metro) station. The room was clean but each morning there was a horrible 'kitchen smell' in our room and on the corridors. I've traveled for business and I shared a room with one of my colleagues - it wasn't a very good decision as there was only 1 key which we had to share .... no problem if both persons are together all the time. In the evening, one could not sleep till the other one reached the room. During our stay there were many company-events in the lobby - it wasn't possible to stay there as it was really crowded.
The breakfast was above average, the WI-FI was free and there was good connection to WI-FI.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

"One Traveller" for mature single travellers could not have chosen a better hotel. A short walk from Heroes Square and when we arrived this was the venue for a horse fair. Wow it was amazing. Music, street food (smelled and looked yummy) I wished we weren't going out for dinner that night. Try and find out when this amazing festival is on next year and you won't be disappointed. No drunkenness, no fighting, just everyone having a great time.

Room Tip: My room had a balcony which was side on to the main street. Being in a quiet, tree-lined location i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Spent four nights here in Sept 2013. All aspects above average. The neighborhood was great - on a quiet, tree-lined street, one block off the main boulevard and the Metro, two blocks from City Park. The breakfast, the front desk attendants, the rate, and the room were adequate to above average. They even let us borrow an umbrella to use when it was raining. Would recommend and would return again. Footnote: our room always seemed cold?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Very nice, cosy, good-located and not expensive. The hotel is located in a very quiet place and is in 5 minutes from the underground which is in front of one of the local attractions – Heroes’ Square and amazing Vajdahunyad Castle. The rooms are not modern, but clean. The breakfast is very nice for 3 stars hotel. The staff is friendly and are ready to help you with your problems. The hotel leaves very nice impression. Don’t hesitate and choose this hotel. Budapest is amazing and all we did staying there, we only woke up, had our breakfast and were discovering this beautiful city all day long before we got tired at least and returned the hotel, happy just to reach the bed)) I wish everybody to enjoy the trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Since this was my first trip to Budapest, I arrived a day early in order to have a look around before boarding my river cruise. Unfortunately, a Lufthansa strike robbed me of that opportunity and I spent the day at Frankfurt airport on stand-by instead. But fortunately, the hotel held my booking, even though it was after midnight when I finally arrived, and the room was as advertised, small, but tidy and with a single bed. I love that European hotels actually have rooms for single travelers and at a somewhat reduced price. The hotel is very much in the traditional style, no frills, but with a computer in the lobby for guest use, I was able to check email before heading off to the pier which was an easy taxi ride away. I'll stay there again given the opportunity just so I can properly explore the hotel's leafy neighborhood!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo