“Street for tourists who want to buy souvenirs”
Review of Vaci Street

and up
Private Art Nouveau Tour Budapest
Ranked #52 of 452 things to do in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: The main thoroughfare of Pest during the 18th century, today the pedestrian walkway is lined with upscale shops, restaurants and cafes.
Tallinn
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Street for tourists who want to buy souvenirs”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had a plan that i will visit Vaci street - all the way. Then one evening when I came from Buda side and was tired and hungry I discovered that Vaci street is nearby and so I went to see not all of it but a little bit. And I'm clad I did that - the part I walked already showed that this is how it is all the way, very touristy and full of souvenirs. I did stop to have goulash soup, not sure if this was the right thing to do, I'm sure that somewhere not so touristy there is a real local soup to taste but I did to that and I actually liked it.
So - I think there are better streets to walk.

Visited June 2014

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Chain Stores”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This street is mostly chain stores with everyday stuff. We were looking for better shopping. For cafes, we liked the area behind it along the Danube much better.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jsh326
Moscow, Russia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“and the street itself is full of surprises. Cafes, hotels, vintage building”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Charming street located along the Danube, but not on the beach.Very quiet and if you walk on it, the river can be seen between the houses and marvelous promenade Pest. And the street itself is full of surprises. Cafes, hotels vintage building.

Visited July 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
189 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Pleasant Street”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed a lot walking through Vaci Street; it’s a nice, clean and very interesting pedestrian long street in the City Center; full of shops, restaurants, cafes and very nice old buildings.

We didn’t encounter in this street any of the Scam Schemes as described by other visitors; we felt it is a bit exaggerated. Still, we have few comments on this busy and crowded street; you better avoid such incidents:

- Few guys were offering cheap IPhone 5; most probably they are stolen or fake.
- A guy was seeking for donations to certain foundation; we felt it is not real.
- If you intend to buy clothing; don’t trust the sizes printed on the tag.
- Souvenir items prices vary tremendously between shops; check as many stores prices before making your final decision to buy.
- If you need cash, never use the Change Offices; their Exchange Rates Commission is over 20%; use the ATM whenever you can.

On the other hand we had delicious meals in this street; while watching the crowd passing by.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Issa N
Vietnam
364 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 427 helpful votes
“Combine Vaci St with a visit to the Central Market”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My suggestion would be to visit the Central Market first to get an idea of prices e.g. cakes for 160HUF instead of 500-1000HUF at some cafes. Then stroll leisurely up Vaci St looking at the shops, the architecture and generally soaking up the atmosphere of all the outdoor cafes in this walking only street. I bought a fabulous pair of shoes in one of the shops for an extremely reasonable price. There are plenty of photo opportunities as you sit with a drink or a coffee in one of the outdoor cafes. My favorite was Anna Cafe opposite the Central Market. A great place to people watch in the sun.

Visited May 2014